Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-10, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Decker
Inferno and now Crossfire are underpriced at 80 points. Fluid feels like an 80 point game, but at least it's a good one.
Yeah, I would easily pay 320 pts for Inferno.
Old 10-25-10, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Decker
Inferno and now Crossfire are underpriced at 80 points. Fluid feels like an 80 point game, but at least it's a good one.
Agreed, though I'd add JoyJoy to the underpriced list.
Old 10-25-10, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's another bit of (sort of?) bright news concerning Game Room:
http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/view...art=30#p563526

Well I've finally got hold of some of the people at Krome and (rather predictably) we're going to have to wait a while before we can interview them about what happened to Game Room. What I do know however is that 13 is the last pack they are working on and it includes Sunset Riders, which is a nice send off in my book. I'm also chasing Microsoft, but so far haven't had any response.
Since each Game Pack has about 15 games, we still have about about 45 games to look forward to while Microsoft works on figuring out what to do with the thing post Krome.
Old 10-25-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They already missed last week's GP011 release, so I'm not holding my breath for Sunset Riders in 2-3 months.
Old 10-25-10, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
They already missed last week's GP011 release, so I'm not holding my breath for Sunset Riders in 2-3 months.
The game packs are already done, there's really no reason not to release them.
Old 10-25-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, but they didn't, so...

I'm just saying there's no guarantee when we'll see them. I'm not saying "if", we will. Just not when. Each Pack spans 4 weeks now, so GP013 would be at a minimum 12/22 and anything in it could be mid-January.
Old 10-25-10, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Doom and Double D Dodgeball delisted: http://www.destructoid.com/doom-and-...sted-from-xbla

As recently discovered by GamerBytes, DOOM has been dropped from Xbox LIVE Arcade. Yeah, remember how XBLA titles will sort of just vanish without the slightest warning? It's happened yet again.

Although this time, the removal presumably had to do with the licensing side of things, as Activision was the one who published this port. If that is the case, then DOOM II should be fine. Double D Dodgeball, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have an apparent reason for its removal.

At any rate, you can still redownload these games if you already own them. And in the case of DOOM, you have about fifty other platforms to choose from, even if this version was admittedly slick. They really ought to consider warning us when a game is about to disappear.
Old 10-25-10, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Don't know if I should be more surprised that Double D Dodgeball got delisted or that somebody actually checked to see if Double D Dodgeball was still listed.
Old 10-25-10, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think it was just right there, next to Doom. Maybe even had to check wiki for sanity and saw it was missing too.
Old 10-26-10, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Since I was too tired to play Bayonetta last night, I caught up on a few trials/demos I had and I was really blown away by Lara Croft and the Gaurdian of Light, which makes it my first XBLA purchase since Shadow Complex. I couldn't have better timing since the free DLC comes out tomorrow. Since I'll be doing co-op on it with my girl and she's pretty damn busy, I'm not sure when I'll get to it, but I do want to save my first game to play with her since she really liked the trial too.

I wouldn't mind going online with a DVDTalker too since that's being enabled tomorrow as well.

So, I did some maths and I need to spend another 400 points to get the free 800 back. I have spent more than 2400 this month but I'm seeing lots of conflicting information on if Game Room games count or not so I figure I could try to grab something just to be safe. I was thinking one of the Left 4 Dead DLCs but those are pretty sure candidates for deal of the week.
Old 10-26-10, 10:27 AM

I love that Lara Croft game. It's really well done. Looking forward to trying it online.
Old 10-26-10, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Since I was too tired to play Bayonetta last night, I caught up on a few trials/demos I had and I was really blown away by Lara Croft and the Gaurdian of Light, which makes it my first XBLA purchase since Shadow Complex. I couldn't have better timing since the free DLC comes out tomorrow. Since I'll be doing co-op on it with my girl and she's pretty damn busy, I'm not sure when I'll get to it, but I do want to save my first game to play with her since she really liked the trial too.

I wouldn't mind going online with a DVDTalker too since that's being enabled tomorrow as well.

So, I did some maths and I need to spend another 400 points to get the free 800 back. I have spent more than 2400 this month but I'm seeing lots of conflicting information on if Game Room games count or not so I figure I could try to grab something just to be safe. I was thinking one of the Left 4 Dead DLCs but those are pretty sure candidates for deal of the week.
If you have any music games, tracks are always a good way to go.
Old 10-26-10, 02:34 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts

could someone tell me approx. how long in gameplay hours to complete?
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Shadow Complex

Thanks.
Old 10-27-10, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
could someone tell me approx. how long in gameplay hours to complete?
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Shadow Complex

Thanks.
Shadow Complex is probably 3-4 hrs to beat in one sitting, but there's a lot of replay involved in collecting all the upgrades and maxing everything out. If you just want to play the single player and don't mind doing it in one sitting, don't download the update, and when you defeat the first "boss" before it's death animation completes, pause the game and select "restart at last checkpoint."

The game will then let you play the full story.
Old 10-27-10, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Shadow Complex is probably 3-4 hrs to beat in one sitting, but there's a lot of replay involved in collecting all the upgrades and maxing everything out. If you just want to play the single player and don't mind doing it in one sitting, don't download the update, and when you defeat the first "boss" before it's death animation completes, pause the game and select "restart at last checkpoint."

The game will then let you play the full story.
ok, thanks Boba. i don't think i can do one sitting, but nice to know that is there if i ever can.

anyone know approximately how long it takes to have the MS Points rebate deposited in your account if you spend the 2400 this month?
Old 10-27-10, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
ok, thanks Boba. i don't think i can do one sitting, but nice to know that is there if i ever can.

anyone know approximately how long it takes to have the MS Points rebate deposited in your account if you spend the 2400 this month?
They say 6-8 weeks. Some people have found they take all 8 form past promos. I won 5000 pts on 1 vs. 100 and got my points in 2 weeks, despite the 6-8 week disclaimer being on the rules.
Old 10-27-10, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good news about Pinball FX 2, you can indeed turn off the annoying motion blur effects. There is an option to turn on/off "Arcade FX". This turns off the blur, sparkles, and floating points.
Old 10-27-10, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Tried all the Radian games last night after everyone here was gushing about them. All four were pretty solid, but unfortunately the trials give you enough gameplay that I didn't feel the need to buy any of them. I think Joy Joy was my favorite, I'll save that one for a rainy day. Crossfire would be a close second.
Old 10-27-10, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Game Pack 011 is up and it contains:

ARCADE
--
Jackal

--
Breakout
Double Dunk
Golf
Human Cannonball
Kabbober
Miniature Golf
Space War
Sprintmaster
Super Football

INTV
--
Skiing
Slapshot Super Pro Hockey
Space Battle
Space Cadet

No sign of how to access the Konami bundles still. I really hope Space Battle is playable.
Old 10-27-10, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The best XBLIG indie game, Protect Me Knight, gets even better!

An update was released adding a new "Survival" mode for endless play.
Old 10-27-10, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
Game Pack 011 is up and it contains:
Interesting, Kabobber in an unreleased game/prototype.
Old 10-27-10, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ancient replied to me on Twitter indicating that they may be making another XBLIG game.

Old 10-27-10, 09:12 AM

thanks again Boba. i got Lara Croft and will wait for my pts and then get Shadow Complex. Looking forward to that, but the GoL demo really got me when i first played a few months ago.
Old 10-27-10, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Two more indie games I'd recommend.

Hypership Out of Control is like an NES shmup crossed with the movie speed.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d80258550659

Echoes+ is a REALLY good Geometry Wars/Asteroids hybrid with a lot of game modes.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d80258550336

Old 10-27-10, 12:06 PM

That Echoes+ looks cool. Will check out the demo.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.