Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-12, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

Originally Posted by Decker
BTW : There should be some sort of a THQ Weekend sale running just 12/14-12/17. Not sure what will be on sale. I'm guessing that Warhammer XBLA game for the fifth time.
In theory, considering the total giveaways THQ has been doing recently with the Humble Bundle and on Facebook, this would be akin to that stuff. ie a fire sale. But of course knowing the Xbox Marketplace it'll be a sham.
Old 12-13-12, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The official Xbox Live Arcade/Indie Games/Game Room Thread of Space Bucks for Fun

I dunno. I'm a sucker for Avatar-based XBLA games, but the reviews for this one were pretty brutal.

Still thanks to Target, I have a lot of extra points just waiting to burn a hole in my virtual wallet, so maybe I'll buy some crap games just because.
Yeah, read those and a few more. The sentiment I get is that it just did not deserve to have the Fire Pro name which I do agree with. However, kinda like some other crap wrestling games, I'm going to find enough to do for my 5 bucks on the customization alone.
Old 12-13-12, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 918 Likes on 651 Posts

I have it on the PS3. It's nothing too special, nothing brilliant like Origins. More like a weaker Ratchet & Clank clone, or a Banjo Kazooie game, complete with a wonky camera that always gets stuck or swings around wildly -- typical of 3D platformers of ten years ago. You won't be missing much if you skip it, but of course you can always try the demo and see for yourself.
Thanks. Guess I'll wait patiently for Legends.
Old 12-14-12, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW : There should be some sort of a THQ Weekend sale running just 12/14-12/17. Not sure what will be on sale. I'm guessing that Warhammer XBLA game for the fifth time.
Correctamundo! Full list can be found at Trueachievements.com. I don't have time to paste and reformat at the moment.
Old 12-14-12, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Blah.
Old 12-15-12, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Is Karaoke not available yet? I see the hour blocks when I do a search, but I get a "game not available" error for any of them I select.
Old 12-15-12, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by bralph
Is Karaoke not available yet? I see the hour blocks when I do a search, but I get a "game not available" error for any of them I select.
I downloaded that, and never gave it a second chance after I saw that you were purchasing hour blocks. I would have been IN if I was actually downloading the song so I could practice. Bullshit way to do something (just my opinion).
Old 12-15-12, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 655 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
I downloaded that, and never gave it a second chance after I saw that you were purchasing hour blocks. I would have been IN if I was actually downloading the song so I could practice. Bullshit way to do something (just my opinion).
I can understand the hour blocks in a sense. They're trying to emulate the karaoke bar experience, and they're assuming people will be playing this during a party or other get-together with friends, so buying a 2 hour block with unlimited access to the full library would work best, as opposed to only having a few dozen songs, or a friend wanting to sing a particular song and finding on that you don't own it.

There's supposedly 5 free songs to sing to that change daily.
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...sing-out-loud/

I think maybe a mixed solution would work. You have the 5 free ones, but then you can choose between the hourly blocks or buying individual songs for unlimited use. The 5 daily free use ones could also be discounted that day if you wanted to buy them. That way you can have a selection of songs that you can always sing to, while cracking open the full catalog for get togethers.
Old 12-15-12, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I missed Metro 2033 before when it was on-sale. I ain't missing it again.
Old 12-15-12, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bralph
I've been having the same issue. I can find the Karaoke game/app as well, but when I select it the only options I get are "Rate" and "Pin to Home."

I've searched everywhere for a solution but haven't been able to find one.
Old 12-15-12, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jay G.

I think maybe a mixed solution would work. You have the 5 free ones, but then you can choose between the hourly blocks or buying individual songs for unlimited use. The 5 daily free use ones could also be discounted that day if you wanted to buy them. That way you can have a selection of songs that you can always sing to, while cracking open the full catalog for get togethers.
Mixed solution would be perfect. I understand the idea of the blocks especially when there is a 8,000 song library involved, sure. But if the songs were say a $1 a piece to download, I would be MORE than willing to drop $50-$100 in no time flat. I love me some karaoke and still spend time playing Lips (incidentally the same people who made the app) along with Rock Band 3 (of course).

Now that I go back and read some of the people having trouble with downloading it, I had no trouble at all. It was in the app section under music if that helps. I just did not want to buy into it so to speak
Old 12-16-12, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope I can explain this question properly:

If I purchase Kinect Party while it's free using my gold account on my Xbox, can I purchase it again later on another Xbox so they can use it without my profile? (or will gold not even be necessary for it, so it won't be an issue)
Old 12-17-12, 12:01 AM

Received 518 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Correctamundo! Full list can be found at Trueachievements.com. I don't have time to paste and reformat at the moment.
Thanks. Grabbed a copy of Metro 2033 for $10.
Old 12-17-12, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,271 Likes on 4,289 Posts

Originally Posted by starman9000
I hope I can explain this question properly:

If I purchase Kinect Party while it's free using my gold account on my Xbox, can I purchase it again later on another Xbox so they can use it without my profile? (or will gold not even be necessary for it, so it won't be an issue)
It'll tie to one system and can only be played without you signing in on the your primary Xbox. This is why when Kinect XBLA or family games go on sale I have to buy them directly off our Family Room Xbox (the one with the Kinect attached to it) rather than buying them through the website online. Otherwise the games get tied to my primary Xbox in my man-cave.

If you do buy it now but can't buy it on the desired Xbox, then you do have the possibility of transferring the license using an online tool from xbox.com and switching the game to another system, but I'm not sure of the details.'

However, checking Major Nelson's blog, Kinect Party is listed as Free through 12/31, so I believe that means it's free for everyone, not just Gold members. So you won't have an issue either way, just use one account to buy it on that system too.
Old 12-17-12, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool, thanks Decker.
Old 12-17-12, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 655 Likes on 453 Posts

The free Kinect Party is live:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d8025841125c

Note that you have to download both the game and the free add-on, which is the unlock key.
Old 12-18-12, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sale prices from CAG:

Originally Posted by a box of fish
A world for Keflings - 400 (50%) DLC showing as 160 (50%) The other is still at 320.
Plants vs Zombies - 600 (50%)
Sonic 4 Episode II - 600 (50%)
Sonic The Hedgehog - 160 (60%)
RAW - 400 (50%)
Wreckateer - 200 (75%)
Joe Danger 2 - 400 (66%)
Fire Pro Wrestling - 400 (50%)
Jet Set Radio - 400 (50%)
The Simpsons Arcade - 600 (25%)
Super Meat Boy - 600 (50%)
Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 (50%)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 (50%)
Peggle - 400 (50%) DLC 200 (50%)

Here are the prices for the Arcade games.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...3-arcade-games
I'll probably give RAW a trial. Never got into the first Joe Danger, so will pass, but that is a decent deal.
Old 12-18-12, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just bought 6 arcade games (with 2 more trial versions downloading) and both Keflings DLCs. It's going to be an expensive month on XBLA.

Thank you, Target.
Old 12-18-12, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just bought 6 arcade games (with 2 more trial versions downloading) and both Keflings DLCs. It's going to be an expensive month on XBLA.

Thank you, Target.
Not really though, since the points are discounted AND the games as well
More bang for our bucks.

Psyched that I'll be getting 5 games today and only using 1 card.

Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition - 400 (50%)
Zuma's Revenge! - 400 (50%)
Joe Danger 2 - 400 (66%)
RAW - 400 (50%)
Kinect Party FREE

So all that for $9.50

Last edited by Schloob1; 12-18-12 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-18-12, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Not really though, since the points are discounted AND the games as well
More bang for our bucks.
That's a dangerous way of thinkin', sonny.

They've also added some free DLC for Kinect Party just now, called The Star Gazer. Looks like it's just an unlock key, but I'm in for free.
Old 12-18-12, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,271 Likes on 4,289 Posts

Realms of Ancient Wars and Frogger HAE both got some bad reviews. I guess I'm on the fence with those two (especially considering that I have two versions of Frogger already between XBLA and PS3). Also the Gold Deal of the Week is Serious Sam. SS3 BFE is a pretty good deal at 600 points, but they removed competitive MP from the base game, meaning that you have to buy both the game and the identical priced DLC to play MP, which I assume means there is nearly nobody playing it.
Old 12-18-12, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's a dangerous way of thinkin', sonny.
Holy cow, how old are you MP You better be about 70 to be calling me a young whipper snapper of almost 40 "sonny"
Old 12-18-12, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Grabbed the free Kinect Party + addon. I will probably grab the Kefling's DLC, and maybe Joe Danger 2 also.
Old 12-18-12, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
It was in the app section under music if that helps. I just did not want to buy into it so to speak
I was searching under Games, which is why I think I was having trouble. Once I brought it up under Apps, I downloaded it with no problem. Of course, this was way after my party was over, so now I don't have a need for it for quite some time...
Old 12-18-12, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bully for $9.99 is my price. Foolishly sold off that game a couple years ago. Now it's $30 used everywhere.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.