Reload this Page >

THQ - Red Faction: Armageddon 03/2011

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

THQ - Red Faction: Armageddon 03/2011

Old 07-19-12, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: THQ - Red Faction: Armageddon 03/2011

Just finished this up last night and wanted throw in that I enjoyed it as well. It was a bit repetitive and towards the end I was getting tired of the endless waves of enemies and powered through it, but overall I would recommend it if you wanted to kill some time and have some fun with the destructible environments. This was my first Red Faction game but it's sad to see that there won't be any more in the future.
Old 07-14-22, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 100 Likes on 94 Posts

Coming to the end of my first time RED FACTION series run. I'm about to start this on Friday and the dlc was $1.04, so I bought it.

But first, I just finished Guerilla on the 360. Fuck wasn't expecting this at all after playing the first 2. The crazy-ness of this game had me loving the game and also almost started to piss me off.

Remote charges (also Nano rifle & Rocket Launcher) to destroy everything
Guerilla Backup
Vehicles (including riding with Jenkins)
All out firefights

Too Many fucking enemy respawns
Guerilla and Hostages dying in shootouts, or dying by one of my many explosive weapons
And other BS stuff like Red/Green level causing side missions being removed, Missions failing due to stupidity

By the time I got to the end, I loved it again and bought the story dlc ($5). That was a breeze since it wasn't bullshit difficulty or didn't have to worry about collecting scrap and stuff. Had free $10 MS credit given from their big spring sale. So I used it on Guerilla & Armageddon dlc.
The following users liked this post:
K&AJones (07-15-22)
Old 07-15-22, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Played the heck out-of-it on 360....but in many cases way, way too many enemies and respawns....in many cases you go do a mission, alarm go off and in less than 30 seconds it felt like half the Planet Army was chasing you. Loved the Destructive Enviroments which at the time was really cool....
The following users liked this post:
gerrythedon (07-15-22)
Old 07-17-22, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered

Xbox One

$5.99 (80% off)
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/sto...d/c0qvr372hz91
Old 07-19-22, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finished Armageddon today. Damn this was a complete switch from Guerilla, but I loved this a lot. Controls great, plays great and had fun with it. No bullshit frustrating EDF coming and coming and coming. I was drained from playing Guerilla, so this was fresh air. Like getting perks and upgrading them. Simple salvage and audio log collection, not that bullshit Finding Ore and or audio logs all over the open world. Nice and linear reminded me of Gears lite. Nano forge, abilities and rebuilding stuff destroyed

I did miss the total destruction, Guerilla back up and vehicles.

The DLC was over real quick, since U can carry over the upgraded perks and abilities. Going to do a new game + on next difficulty to max out everything.
Both games had their +- but enjoyed them as I did the first 2 originals. Great series.