Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS4 Exclusive NieR Automata...Platinum Games

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-15, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
PS4 Exclusive NieR Automata...Platinum Games

Shown at the Paris game show and still in very early development. In the mold of Devil May Cry and Bayonetta but shows a lot of promise....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JIkdsvuY-HA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/...ks_freakin_rad

Platinum Games know how to put together a flashy trailer, and while this video captured by DualShockers direct from the Paris Games Week 2015 show floor takes a while to get going – well, stick around until the 3:20 mark and you will be rewarded. We get a decent look at PlayStation 4 exclusive NieR Automata in action – and while it's clearly early, we reckon that it's already looking promising.

The gameplay appears to be based upon the Japanese developer's pre-existing blueprint, but with no Bayonetta or new Devil May Cry on Sony's system, we could sure go for some frenetic third-person action. The final release will run at 60 frames-per-second and will include role-playing mechanics as well. Who's in? We're in.
Old 10-29-15, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: PS4 Exclusive NieR Automata...Platinum Games

I just read a thing about how frustrating it is getting the proper ending in NieR, made me laugh, and also it seems like a perfect game for Platinum Games to tackle.
Old 10-29-15, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ugh...this should be released to the One as well...the Nier game on 360 was a ton of fun.
Old 05-07-18, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Is NieR: Automata Coming to Xbox One?

The rumour originates from French site JeuxVideo and seems entirely viable, since no exclusivity agreement was ever in place between Square Enix and Sony, the decision to release NieR: Automata made solely as a financial one. Now that the game has managed to reach healthy sales figures on PS4, while also garnering critical acclaim, an Xbox One version would make sense.

The JeuxVideo writer reporting the rumour also took to Twitter to state that his sources are sound on this, so fingers crossed that we'll be hearing a NieR: Automata for Xbox One announcement soon, possibly from Microsoft's main stage during E3 next month.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/new...Xbox-One-.html
Old 06-10-18, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Guess I'll wait to get this version to finally play it, Can the title of thread be updated?

The announcement initially leaked this morning, but was confirmed at Microsoft's E3 conference. Square Enix revealed that the 2017 PlayStation 4 and PC action-RPG is headed to Xbox One June 26.

The Xbox One Become as Gods edition includes the 3C3C1D119440927 expansion. Also included in Become as Gods will be several smaller pieces of DLC:

Grimoire Weiss Pod
Retro Red Pod Skin
Retro Grey Pod Skin
Cardboard Pod Skin
The Machine Lifeform Mask Accessory
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/...ng-to-xbox-one
Old 06-11-18, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks like the Xbox version is digital only, which is a very odd decision.
Old 06-11-18, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
It looks like the Xbox version is digital only, which is a very odd decision.
Yeah noticed that when I looked for it @ Amazon
Old 08-25-18, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Not going to pretend I understood all of it, but this game was amazing. Going to jump back in later and get the D ending.
Old 03-29-20, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 04-29-20, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I finally got a chance to sit down and really dive into this after years of being about 5 hours into it. The shift over to PlatinumGames was a good call, the gameplay is a lot more fun than it was in previous iterations of the franchise.

I'm about 20 hours in and working on C, I feel like the critics/chatter stating you have to "finish the game 3 times" was a disservice to the game, it actually sounds terrible when phrased like that. Excellent stuff overall though, this has been the perfect lockdown game.

Last edited by RichC2; 04-29-20 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-30-20, 12:29 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

^ totally agree, especially about the playthrough thing. It's why I didn't play it until last year and replaying it during the last month or so has really solidified how great it is, in my opinion.
​​​​​​
But yeah, It's more like a three-act play with some Rashomon-esque storytelling. The first is the longest, but the second and third bring so much more to the overall game/story.
Old 05-03-20, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Got thru ending E, great stuff! Wonder when Replicant is coming out, I'd like to see Platinums touch up on it.
Old 05-06-20, 10:15 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts

So help me understand. I saw a Gamespot review and said first play through could easily be 40+ hours. You don’t have to play entire game, again, for these endings, do you? What are they all about anyway?
Old 05-06-20, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by OldBoy
So help me understand. I saw a Gamespot review and said first play through could easily be 40+ hours. You don’t have to play entire game, again, for these endings, do you? What are they all about anyway?
Naw, it's simply a 3 episode/chapter game, you get an "ending" after each chapter (Ending A for Chapter I, Ending B for Chapter II and Ending C/D/E for Chapter III), there are credits after each ending (that you can skip) and you return to the main menu. When you load your save game, the story more or less continues and It's all a continuation of a singular storyline. Think of it like Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings, 3 episodes telling 1 story.

It makes complete sense once you start Chapter III why they did it this way. You'll know when you get to the actual ending.

Chapter I has the most optional side quests and is in general the longest, it took me about 15 hours to finish it. About 4 hours for the 2nd Chapter and about 12 for the third (I had issues on a boss).

Last edited by RichC2; 05-07-20 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-07-20, 08:33 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts

got it. thanks Rich.
Old 05-07-20, 10:52 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RichC2
Got thru ending E, great stuff! Wonder when Replicant is coming out, I'd like to see Platinums touch up on it.

I'm still working towards ending Y (arguably the hardest ending to even get to, let alone defeating the boss...) but I have all the others. It sure felt like C was the "true" ending. That is...
Spoiler:
Choosing to be A2 instead of 9S, as A2's ending felt more fleshed-out, even though endings D & E are more... bleak... in an already pretty bleak game

Great stuff all around though.
Old 05-07-20, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dan

I'm still working towards ending Y (arguably the hardest ending to even get to, let alone defeating the boss...) but I have all the others. It sure felt like C was the "true" ending. That is...
Spoiler:
Choosing to be A2 instead of 9S, as A2's ending felt more fleshed-out, even though endings D & E are more... bleak... in an already pretty bleak game

Great stuff all around though.
I'll have to look into getting Ending Y.

Maybe I interpreted the endings wrong but
Spoiler:
Wasn't C pretty much suggesting everyone died and the Earth essentially returned to the animals? D had A2 dead and 9S uploading his consciousness to be launched to planets beyond alongside Adam and Eve, and E showed the Pods returning to re-activate B2 and 9S while A2 watched on (or also awaited reactivation) in a Post-YoRHa world. All I know is the credits sequence kicked my ass and there was no way in hell I was sacrificing my save game

Last edited by RichC2; 05-07-20 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-07-20, 11:06 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

^ yeah. I mean, considering all the endings revolve around the fact that
Spoiler:
humanity is gone and isn't coming back.

I thought C was the most hopeful for earth.
Old 05-07-20, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was thinking that might be what you meant.

I saw where the game tied into the older Nier, but I never finished that one (I just couldn't get into it at all) so I'm very much looking forward to the re-release/Platinum Games refresh of it.

I fired up NieR again on the PS3/Emu and yeah... that remaster needs to hurry up and come out, the combat in that game is sleep inducing.

Last edited by RichC2; 05-12-20 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-24-20, 08:09 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

NieR: Replicant v 1.22... is coming out April 22, 2021.
Old 09-24-20, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 09-24-20, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That already looks massively improved over the original. Looking forward to this.
Old 09-24-20, 06:17 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

I was super tempted to grab the collectors edition for $180 but decided against it.
Old 09-25-20, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fans can also now pre-order the “White Snow Edition,” exclusively from the SQUARE ENIX Store for $159.99. This version includes the game on the player’s platform of choice, along with the following:
  • “Lunar Tear” Collector’s Box
  • Steelbook® Case – A metal case featuring stunning artwork by Illustrator KODA KAZUMA.
  • Pin Badge Set – Grimoire Weiss, Grimoire Noir, and Grimoire Rubrum pins presented in a specialized display case. Exclusive to the White Snow Edition.
  • Script Set – A set of seven books including the content of the spoken script of the game, exclusive to the White Snow Edition. Packaged in a special hard case, featuring unique cover art by character designer Akihiko Yoshida. Available in English only.
  • Soundtrack CD Set – A two-disc collection – one disc featuring tracks from NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… specifically edited for this set, and a second disc featuring special arrangements, overseen by Keiichi Okabe, of select tracks that are exclusive to the White Snow Edition. The set is presented in a premium Grimoire Weiss-inspired package.

Furthermore, numerous pre-order bonuses are available for each platform:
  • PlayStation®4 system – All editions will include an exclusive PlayStation®4 system dynamic theme and avatar set. Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack featuring a sampling of songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CDs.
  • Xbox One – Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack featuring a sampling of songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CDs.
  • Steam – All editions will include a special digital wallpaper collection. Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack featuring a sampling of songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CDs.

Complete details on the all editions of the game available for pre-order are available here: https://nier.square-enix-games.com/en-us/#game

https://press.na.square-enix.com/SQU...IL-23-2021-LAU
Old 03-18-21, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Apparently the Game Pass Ultimate for PC version of this game is fully fixed and different from the Steam version, for anyone that wants to still play it on PC.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.