Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Gears of War 3 thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-10, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The trilogy complete? Official Gears of War 3 thread

Originally Posted by xmiyux
So Beast mode will be like playing the special zombies in versus L4D?
Exactly. Awesomeness.
Old 06-16-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superfro
Exactly. Awesomeness.
I agree - it looks way fun!
Old 10-01-10, 08:12 AM

Gears of War 3 Delayed to Fall 2011

Gears of War 3 has been delayed until Fall 2011.

Microsoft says the shift occurred so that Gears of War 3 could be positioned as the company's big holiday title for next year.

"Gears of War 3 promises to be the biggest entertainment launch of 2011," a Microsoft spokesperson said. "The teams at Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games have done great work thus far readying the title for release in the Spring of 2011.

"However, we've elected to move the launch of Gears of War 3 until Fall 2011 to make it the marquee title for the holiday season."

Gears of War 3 was originally supposed to launch on April 5, 2011. This delay will certainly give Epic Games additional time to add any polish that may be needed.
Old 10-01-10, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

makes sense to me
Old 10-01-10, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Kinect compatibility confirmed?
Old 10-01-10, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Never quite understood why it was April in the first place.
Old 10-01-10, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by alxreys
Gears of War 3 Delayed to Fall 2011

Gears of War 3 has been delayed until Fall 2011.

Microsoft says the shift occurred so that Gears of War 3 could be positioned as the company's big holiday title for next year.

"Gears of War 3 promises to be the biggest entertainment launch of 2011," a Microsoft spokesperson said. "The teams at Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games have done great work thus far readying the title for release in the Spring of 2011.

"However, we've elected to move the launch of Gears of War 3 until Fall 2011 to make it the marquee title for the holiday season."

Gears of War 3 was originally supposed to launch on April 5, 2011. This delay will certainly give Epic Games additional time to add any polish that may be needed.

And of course, they will want to avoid the crowded holiday season so the game will get pushed to spring 2012. It's the newest trend. NEver release your games so stock holders won't get disappointed at the sales.
Old 10-01-10, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 10-07-10, 12:36 PM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C1zXItIXqdM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C1zXItIXqdM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R7fRItftqes?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R7fRItftqes?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 04-15-11, 02:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The multiplayer beta for Gears 3 is going to be released on April 18th, this Monday for those that have Bulletstorm.

April 25th for people who preordered the game, it ends on May 15th. Here's some of the unlockables that are going to be attainable in the beta.
Exclusive Beta Unlockables

Flaming Hammerburst
Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 to permanently unlock.
Flaming Lancer
Complete one match during the week of April 25 to permanently unlock.
Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun
Complete one match during the week of May 2 to permanently unlock.
Flaming Gnasher Shotgun
Complete one match during the week of May 9 to permanently unlock.
Beta Tester Medal -- Wear it proudly, Gear.
Complete one match in the Beta to permanently unlock.
Thrashball Cole -- Unlock Thrashball Cole to play as Augustus Cole as he was before Emergence Day -- a legendary Thrashball athlete known for his ferocious, flamboyant style.
Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period.
To permanently unlock, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the Beta period.
Gold-Plated Retro Lancer -- Before the chainsaw bayonet was deployed at the beginning of the Locust-Human War, the original Lancer assault rifle had a large fixed blade.
Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period.
To permanently unlock, score 100 kills with the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer during the Beta period.
Anyone else gonna be in this?
Old 04-15-11, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Surprising myself, I will be. I pre-ordered the game and everything and fully intend to follow through with that non-binding contract. The idea of 4-player co-op really sold me and I have 3 local friends to play through it with. They all know that I've got dibs on Anya.

Flaming Hammerburst
Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 to permanently unlock.
Boo!
Old 04-15-11, 03:23 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm going to do this. For one day, anyway, until Portal 2 comes out.

How does this work. Do we just pop in Bulletstorm and the "GOW3 Beta" option will be enabled?
Old 04-15-11, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
Surprising myself, I will be. I pre-ordered the game and everything and fully intend to follow through with that non-binding contract. The idea of 4-player co-op really sold me and I have 3 local friends to play through it with. They all know that I've got dibs on Anya.

Boo!
This is in my gold box today, plus the $20 credit amazon has, so I'm thinking about ordering. Amazon only has a normal edition, is there some souped up edition that I'm going to regret not buying (not likely, but figured I'd ask)
Old 04-15-11, 03:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
How does this work. Do we just pop in Bulletstorm and the "GOW3 Beta" option will be enabled?
Yeah, the Gears of War 3 beta option in the Bulletstorm main menu isn't greyed out anymore.

When you select it now says coming soon, on Monday should be up and running.

Last edited by Kenshiro; 04-15-11 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-15-11, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fujishig
This is in my gold box today, plus the $20 credit amazon has, so I'm thinking about ordering. Amazon only has a normal edition, is there some souped up edition that I'm going to regret not buying (not likely, but figured I'd ask)
Amazon doesn't give Beta codes, unfortunately. So I also pre-ordered at GS for that, but I'll cancel that non-binding contract.
Old 04-16-11, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Yes I will be trying it Monday morning!
Old 04-18-11, 03:41 PM

If you have Bulletstorm, the demo is already installed on the disc! But there's a 500mb update before you can start playing. I got everything up and running this morning, and will be playing tonight if all goes well.
Old 04-18-11, 04:01 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I played a few games at lunch today....typical MP...nothing amazing...

The retro lancer handles like shit...jumps around all over the place unless you fire slowly, I am sure I could get use to it, but I ended up sneaking around and using the shotgun, which still seems overpowered to me....

I did not like the football stadium level at all..

Also had connection issues....took a long time to find a game...
Old 04-18-11, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Damn update!

Being trying it on & off since morning, averaging my 1-2 kills a match

I only use the Lancer. I can't get any kills with the others especially the Retro Lancer. The Gnasher is too damn powerful, it needs to be toned down. Fuckers killing me from far away with it.

Checkout I like a lot, agree ^ about Stadium [at least I killed someone with the scoreboard ].

Haven't had issues at all.

Anyway I'm liking it so far, just need at least 2 more maps. Love all the different goals/challenges [especially always getting killed first ] u can get during a match.

And it looks very pretty indeed.
Old 04-18-11, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gerrythedon

Checkout I like a lot, agree ^ about Stadium [at least I killed someone with the scoreboard ].

Anyway I'm liking it so far, just need at least 2 more maps. Love all the different goals/challenges [especially always getting killed first ] u can get during a match.
Sounds like they used Bulletstorm as a demo for what they wanted to do with GoW3 then. Lame.
Old 04-18-11, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ not really, I've miswrote they're more like Halo Reach's commendations.

... and with with the 30 or so matches I've had so far have been more fun than any GOW 1 or 2 multi I've ever played.
Old 04-19-11, 10:19 AM

I played a bit last night. I never did care for GOW multiplayer, and this was no exception. The progression was a bit weird. On one hand, you can actually LOSE xp and levels. On the other hand, all of the perks and rewards seem to be around how many matches you've played, rather than your level.

I will keep playing the beta to try and get some of the unlockables, and to try some of the other game modes and maps once they are released.
Old 04-19-11, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I played a bit last night. I never did care for GOW multiplayer, and this was no exception. The progression was a bit weird. On one hand, you can actually LOSE xp and levels. On the other hand, all of the perks and rewards seem to be around how many matches you've played, rather than your level.

I will keep playing the beta to try and get some of the unlockables, and to try some of the other game modes and maps once they are released.
I'm with you on this one. The single player/co-op and horde mode are fantastic, but the competitive multiplayer has always been beyond horrible. The core gameplay mechanics will never allow it to be a functioning competitive game sadly, so I just leave that mode alone. I think I played it 3 times in Gears 2 and made it through 1 round in Gears 3 before deleting the beta
Old 04-19-11, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by discostu1337
I'm with you on this one. The single player/co-op and horde mode are fantastic, but the competitive multiplayer has always been beyond horrible. The core gameplay mechanics will never allow it to be a functioning competitive game sadly, so I just leave that mode alone. I think I played it 3 times in Gears 2 and made it through 1 round in Gears 3 before deleting the beta
You can only lose experience if you play ranked and leave the game.

It's definitely a functioning competitive game, there's MLG (not that MLG is the be all end all) for both 1 & 2. I don't get what you're talking about.
Old 04-19-11, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think that the point is that GoW competitive sucks dick. The game works far better in co-op against the Horde.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.