Reload this Page >

Scott Pilgrim: The Video Game

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Scott Pilgrim: The Video Game

Old 08-15-10, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Scott Pilgrim: The Video Game

Just saw the movie today, never read the books. My daughter and I both loved it. Really can't wait for the game and we'll for sure play but I'm seriously bummed there's no online co-op. I mean, seriously, WTF?! Even the Xbox.com page for it doesn't list it.
Old 08-15-10, 01:08 AM
Banned by request

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Oh, man. Have you guys found the 'other' secret store? This one's in a star-shaped gap in the bushes in level 6. You can buy one more move for fifty-something bucks. I'm not sure what Stills gets (he was the odd-man-out in the 3 player game I had going earlier today), but Kim shoots some kind of spectral fireball, Scott does a dash-and-punch combo, and Ramona unleashes a fiery melee-punch thing. I was doing more than sixty points of damage per hit, and I'm pretty sure that makes it the most powerful attack in the game.
Yeah, I found that store. I already had Ramona fully maxed in all categories, but that attack still topped my best attacks that weren't crits.

Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
Just saw the movie today, never read the books. My daughter and I both loved it. Really can't wait for the game and we'll for sure play but I'm seriously bummed there's no online co-op. I mean, seriously, WTF?! Even the Xbox.com page for it doesn't list it.
I'm hearing rumblings of a online co-op patch and possibly even DLC.

Oh, and I found out what that radio station is. If you hit L1 and R1 a bunch of times on the start screen, you'll unlock it, and it's a sound check, where I guess you can play audio files from the game or something.
Old 08-17-10, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Geez, I can't believe how much time I've spent playing this game over the past week.

I've unlocked Nega-Scott.
All five characters are maxed out.
I've beaten the game six times (once multiplayer on the lowest difficulty, once with each of the four main characters on the lowest difficulty, and once with Nega-Scott on the highest difficulty).
I have 100% of all the trophies.

I can't shake the feeling that Knives is an unlockable character since she shows up on the very end card with the rest of the playable crowd, but I'm not sure what to do to unlock her.
Old 08-24-10, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Boss rush code for the PS3:

At the title screen - right, right, O, R1, right, right, O, R1
One of the developers confirms that the sixth character will be DLC tied in with the DVD/Blu-ray release: http://boutain.blogspot.com/
That blog's worth reading besides for the impressive amount of conceptual art, details on ideas that were ultimately scrapped...
Old 08-24-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Played the crap out of this game last week/end while I was home sick. Maxed out all five characters. Loved every minute of it. Definitely a spiritual successor to River City Ransom, though the other video game references were a nice touch. I'll probably give the hardest difficulty run-through a shot.

One question: I fought and unlocked Mr. Chau, but I can't get him to appear as my assist. Do I have to press a different button than L1 or does he just appear at random?
Old 08-24-10, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got this last night on the 360, and aside from Superfro being #2 on the overall leaderboards the game is awesome. I was expecting an ass kicking from the first boss, but managed to beat him down on the first attempt and was SOOO close to kicking Lucas' ass in the 2nd level, but died.

Great game - having a total blast and is definitely worth the cash.
Old 08-24-10, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by FatTony View Post
One question: I fought and unlocked Mr. Chau, but I can't get him to appear as my assist. Do I have to press a different button than L1 or does he just appear at random?
It randomly rotates. When I was trying to get the 'unlock and call all strikers' trophy, I pressed L1 something like 10 times and got Mr. Chau 6 times, Knives 3 times, and Mrs. Chau once.
Old 08-24-10, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions View Post
Got this last night on the 360, and aside from Superfro being #2 on the overall leaderboards the game is awesome.
Eat it. The game is awesome. I've maxed out Steve and Scott and about halfway through with Kim. Bought the soundtrack today. That doesn't help sitting here at work listening to it.
Old 08-24-10, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Man, I would love to buy it tomorrow and hop online with you two tomorrow night Stupid complicated, heavy bandwidth, lots of math and variable games.
Old 08-24-10, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, this one begs for online multiplayer. I'm docking 300 points from my rating.
Old 08-24-10, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions View Post
Yeah, this one begs for online multiplayer. I'm docking 300 points from my rating.
Yep. The lack of online co-op is certainly an issue. I'm docking it a full point on my scale of 10 for it. So now it'll only be a 10/10. Thems the breaks!
Old 08-24-10, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't forget to bitch about it taking 3 seconds to get up, AND for when the dudes dogpile you when you're down and have to mash a button. That's bullshit right there.
Old 08-24-10, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't get it for free. And I have enough single-player experiences to last me a while. I'll try the demo with the kiddo and if she loves it, I'll buy it right then. Otherwise I'll wait for the 50% off sale when the Bluray and DVD hit in 3-4 months.
Old 08-24-10, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think you should just buy it. It's a great throwback to games of yore.
Old 08-24-10, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In this day and age it really is unacceptable for a game like this to not have online coop or any online at all.
Old 08-25-10, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So, I bought it. Let the kiddo play a few minutes before school this morning and she was whooping it up as Kim. I ran through the demo and bought it at the end. It's pretty damn fun.

Only complaint I have is that the Universal splash doesn't use the Anamanaguchi track. Big W-T-F there.

And I loved the boss
Spoiler:
flashing in a TMNT Arcade manner as he got near death. Perfect.
Old 08-25-10, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Only complaint I have is that the Universal splash doesn't use the Anamanaguchi track. Big W-T-F there.
I KNOW RIGHT?! (Although it's not Anamanaguchi that did that for the film, but still, why wouldn't they secure that track to use or have them do a new one if they're going to feature it at the open!)
Old 08-25-10, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by superfro View Post
I KNOW RIGHT?! (Although it's not Anamanaguchi that did that for the film, but still, why wouldn't they secure that track to use or have them do a new one if they're going to feature it at the open!)
Oh, is it not? I guess I'm just such a sheeple that I assumed it. I wish I was cool enough to hate everything
Old 08-25-10, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wish I was cool enough to hate everything
Careful, I'll block you.
Old 08-25-10, 04:59 PM

The game is glitchy as hell and froze on me right as I was about to finally beat Todd Ingram.

Having said that, I am in love with this game. I played it for hours last night, and got Scott up to level 11. I haven't even gotten around to playing as the other characters yet. It's very difficult but I never feel frustrated when I have to play through a level again.

And the music....wow. Getting the soundtrack ASAP.
Old 08-25-10, 05:44 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I went to play the demo and it locked up my 360 when I threw the first punch.
Old 08-25-10, 06:18 PM
Banned

The game froze on me the second time I played it.
Old 08-25-10, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
It randomly rotates. When I was trying to get the 'unlock and call all strikers' trophy, I pressed L1 something like 10 times and got Mr. Chau 6 times, Knives 3 times, and Mrs. Chau once.
Thanks for the feedback. I got the trophy last night, though I think I had to press L1 about 20 times to get Mrs. Chau to appear.
Old 08-26-10, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wait, the game doesn't have online co-op? wtf, Now I wish I hadn't just payed for it. So far it's average at best, and way to difficult. I don't think I'll get much farther than the 2nd level on easy, as it takes to long to do anything and the controls are beyond frustrating. Maybe if I turn off the ear piercing "music" I can focus a bit more
Old 08-26-10, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by discostu1337 View Post
Wait, the game doesn't have online co-op? wtf, Now I wish I hadn't just payed for it. So far it's average at best, and way to difficult. I don't think I'll get much farther than the 2nd level on easy, as it takes to long to do anything and the controls are beyond frustrating. Maybe if I turn off the ear piercing "music" I can focus a bit more
You just need to buy some upgrades

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.