Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Do you like to play it twice?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-10, 09:12 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Do you like to play it twice?

Glad I'm not alone just seems like a lot of folks keep playing over and over. I was surprised that I played resident evil 5 2.5 times. Killzone 2 I beat it and then did some online stuff for a week, then played the hard setting for 2 levels or so then quit. Same with MW2. I tried different characters in borderlands after beating it with my soldier, but it was just boring doing the same quests over and over. Right now i'm on Brutal Legend and a few missions from the end, so I'm trying to drag the metal out and going around unlocking everything Not really a huge fan of the RTS battles though, I wish it was more like solo hack & slash adventuring. Dunno what's next on my list, prolly Aliens vs Predator.
Old 01-14-10, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts

If a game is under 10 hours, I'll go through it twice for achievements just to make it seem like a longer experience.

On the whole, I think it do play through most games twice though.
Old 01-14-10, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,024 Likes on 845 Posts

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Portal was something I thought I would play over and over again. Yeah, once was enough for me. It was an amazing "once" though.
It was pretty mindbending. For me I had finally got through the final battle of Half-Life, and still had some time left in that day's gaming session to then jump to Portal in hopes that there was some remote connection to what I had just finished. I liked it, but I think I got stuck, shut it down for the day, and have never gotten back to it.
Old 01-14-10, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There are only a handful of games I've played through twice. Mostly FPS that you can go up a difficulty for the achievements (Halo 3 & COD:MW)
Old 01-14-10, 01:15 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I played through Dead Rising, Bioshock, and Resident Evil 5 three or four times in a row each when I got them. Especially in games like Dead Rising and RE5 where you can continue with your full arsenal and upgrades... I find it a blast to revisit previously near-impossible areas and be dominant on the second-go-through.
Old 01-14-10, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Want to for many games, but don't have the time.

I think the only games I've played twice after finishing them were Fallout 1 and 2.
Old 01-15-10, 09:38 AM

i try to.

i went back and played uncharted 1 again on a higher difficulty level. planning on doing the same with arkham asylum.

my backlog is only 4-5 games, but it's hard because i like to play fifa and nba 2k10 as well.
Old 01-15-10, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hardly ever finish a game once.
Old 01-16-10, 11:12 AM

On the original xbox, I've played thru Halo CE a 100 times. Doom 3, and Fable many times. On the PS3, I've played thru Bioshock, Dead Space, and Uncharted on every difficulty level.

Here's what I've found. By playing thru more than once, I have found new ways and strategies to enjoy the game. By playing the game on the harder difficulties, it forces me to slow down, and see/discover more of the game.