Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-10, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
When and Why did they re-categorize the Funk 3 pack as Rock? I just noticed that they showed up as unplayed tracks in my Infinite Rock Challenge.
as part of the patch. I heard it explained as they are adding sub-categories. So its actually

Rock -> Funk

But they aren't displaying sub-cats yet, I think when RBN goes public. Because their will be many more categories.
Old 01-29-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

At least we're caught up on track pack/PSP exclusives now. Hopefully we'll hear about actual new music next Friday...
Old 01-29-10, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

"Suds in the Bucket" is a great song. Can't wait to get that one.
Old 01-29-10, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow - 2010 has pretty much blown for dlc... glad to hear they got the last of the recycled tracks out of the way early so hopefully less disappointment in the weeks to come.
Old 01-29-10, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Wow - 2010 has pretty much blown for dlc... glad to hear they got the last of the recycled tracks out of the way early so hopefully less disappointment in the weeks to come.
Umm... this is the same 2010 that had Rage Against the Machine, Blue Oyster Cult, Nazareth, Tom Petty, Paul McCartney, The Psychedelic Furs, The Ramones, and Alice in Chains? Because if so, I'd say 2010 has pretty much rocked for DLC.
Old 01-29-10, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm glad to finally get "On the Road Again."
Old 01-29-10, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by REL77
Sweet... The Gaslight Anthem just had 2 songs go up on RBN... I really like that band
AWESOME!!! I assume both are from The '59 Sound?
Old 01-29-10, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redbill
But they aren't displaying sub-cats yet, I think when RBN goes public. Because their will be many more categories.
These new sub-categories won't show up in game. They are exclusive to the RBN website for easier searching. I'm guessing they'll probably show up proper-like in RB3.
Old 01-29-10, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by FatTony
AWESOME!!! I assume both are from The '59 Sound?
59 sound and old white lincoln... there 2 singles i believe... Havent gotten to play them yet
Old 01-29-10, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just a reminder....if anyone has any free DLC codes from Old Navy left they haven't yet redeemed, they expire on 1/31, this Sunday, so enter them while you still can! I just grabbed my last seven codes....
Old 01-29-10, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another big name just went up on RBN.... Seether's "Fake It"....
Old 01-29-10, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 913 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Drexl
meh...Donkey Konga's had it for years.

Old 01-29-10, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Drexl
I just can't wait to get "On the Road Again"
Old 01-29-10, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another big name just went up on RBN.... Seether's "Fake It"....

I love me some Seether....sure hope we get this on the PS3....
Old 01-30-10, 08:52 AM

Just saw a commercial on VH1 that said The Who's super bowl performance will be available after the super bowl on Feb 7th. Don't know if it's true, but those VH1 commercials have been right in the past.
Old 01-30-10, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Some MXPX just went up on RBN, "One Step Further"
Old 01-30-10, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

So, I paid next day shipping and got my "real" MadCatz guitar yesterday from Amazon and gave it a spin last night. FUCKING AWESOME! Rock Band feels like a new game.

I'm not a fan of the strum click, but it doesn't sound as loud as the GH guitars. It does have a nice spongy feel despite the click. There is just the right amount of tension that the strum is probably my favorite out of all the guitars on the market thus far. The frets are silent which is a definite plus. They seem a bit thinner and closer to the neck. The size is great, the weight has some drawbacks though. First, my default playing style (in a recliner) is out since the neck weighs so much(Shagrath is smiling as I type this). Second, activating Star Power takes a bit of work. I really have to swing to get it going. Those are minor complaints though. Everything about this guitar just feels right. Oh, the start and select buttons are knobs. The select button presses in while the start button is an actual knob that twists to pause.

So after giving it a go last night I realized that I'm rusty on my rhythm game skills. Since my guitar died a couple months ago I have't played. To put it in perspective, I played Queen and Pearl Jam's Backspacer for the first time last night even though I downloaded them when they came out. I was planning on some Tom Petty, but I guess I never downloaded that pack.

Totally Recommended.
Old 01-30-10, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

MxPx is one of those bands I always think I harmonize well with when singing in the car

No Chick Magnet = Fail.
Old 02-02-10, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dammit I want this song now. NOW!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jfHAKWNnyhg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jfHAKWNnyhg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Old 02-03-10, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Dammit I want this song now. NOW!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jfHAKWNnyhg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jfHAKWNnyhg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Both of the 2 Stroke 9 songs were AWESOME to play... Some of the songs on RBN that Harmonix i assumed passed on really suprise me... Even though I have the betas, I will certainly buy the final product of them
Old 02-03-10, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Does anyone have the customer support Email for RBN? I signed up on day one and have been having issues signing in ever since. Today I got a "Your account has been temporarily disabled." error, but you can't contact them without signing in.
Old 02-03-10, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Paralyzer by Finger 11 just went up on RBN.... Really, why did Harmonix pass on some of these awesome songs.... Cant wait for RBN to go live

Seether's "Remedy" also just went up

Reverend Horton Heat's "Indigo Friends" as well

Bif Naked's "Sick" to boot

Last edited by REL77; 02-03-10 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-03-10, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
Does anyone have the customer support Email for RBN? I signed up on day one and have been having issues signing in ever since. Today I got a "Your account has been temporarily disabled." error, but you can't contact them without signing in.
I want to say that it's creators at rockband.com, but I'm not 100% sure. Couldn't find anything on the site and my quick forum search yielded no results. I'm almost positive that's the address though.

Also, just because the songs are being done on RBN doesn't mean that "HMX passed on them". Maybe they were never approached by HMX or brought up to them. HMX has a huge backlog of content that they still need to put into the game, so having RBN lighten the load a little bit is a good thing for all involved (as long as the independent authors are decent).

Last edited by Shagrath; 02-03-10 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-03-10, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Both of the 2 Stroke 9 songs were AWESOME to play... Some of the songs on RBN that Harmonix i assumed passed on really suprise me... Even though I have the betas, I will certainly buy the final product of them
I'm hoping the other song is "Kick Some Ass"?
Old 02-03-10, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Also, just because the songs are being done on RBN doesn't mean that "HMX passed on them". Maybe they were never approached by HMX or brought up to them. HMX has a huge backlog of content that they still need to put into the game, so having RBN lighten the load a little bit is a good thing for all involved (as long as the independent authors are decent).

I am sure Harmonix has their reasons, or it could be they were just never offered them, i just find it funny... I love seeing the big songs in RBN though

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.