Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-10, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Glad to see these come out, I've been really looking forward to some I Mother Earth!!!
Old 01-22-10, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Since we seem to be getting all the Track Pack Exclusives,
Did we ever get the rest of the PSP exclusives?
Old 01-22-10, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Isn't it kinda shitty that the first half of the Country Pack exclusives got a bundle deal but these do not?

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Did we ever get the rest of the PSP exclusives?
Yeah, there might be one or two still missing though...
Old 01-22-10, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=pinata242;9957764]Isn't it kinda shitty that the first half of the Country Pack exclusives got a bundle deal but these do not?[/quote[
All of the County exclusives were Country though. These are all over the place and *NOT* metal.

Yeah, there might be one or two still missing though...
No, we got them all.
Old 01-27-10, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So for any of you that are also Beta/play Testing RBN, are you suprised by the sudden increase in big name band songs? I dont know if we are allowed to name what they are, but I was very suprised to see one artist that is heavily regarded as a guitar god, and he had multiple songs on RBN, including one that is on almost all list of the "Top Guitar Solo's of all time" list, although we are getting a live version of it, just suprised me how many big bands Harmonix passed on for their normal schedule that are going to be on RBN
Old 01-27-10, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I did see that Flogging Molly is coming and that's pretty exciting for me.

I don't know why any of it would be a secret when RGS is constantly asking for peer reviews for their work on twitter and facebook.
Old 01-27-10, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by REL77
So for any of you that are also Beta/play Testing RBN, are you suprised by the sudden increase in big name band songs? I dont know if we are allowed to name what they are, but I was very suprised to see one artist that is heavily regarded as a guitar god, and he had multiple songs on RBN, including one that is on almost all list of the "Top Guitar Solo's of all time" list, although we are getting a live version of it, just suprised me how many big bands Harmonix passed on for their normal schedule that are going to be on RBN
Do you mean Steve Vai? He was on the list of artists Wavegroup is adding to RBN mentioned earlier in the thread.
Old 01-27-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
Do you mean Steve Vai? He was on the list of artists Wavegroup is adding to RBN mentioned earlier in the thread.
I must have missed seeing him on the list, but yeah, Steve Vai has a few songs coming out.. He just seems like the calibur of artist that would get real Harmonix treatment.
Old 01-27-10, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242

I don't know why any of it would be a secret when RGS is constantly asking for peer reviews for their work on twitter and facebook.
Good point, just didnt want to ruffle and feathers, but I see some of the authors are already posting RBN songs for reviews on youtube, i hadnt really looked for some stuff... I really like seeing some of these big artist come up, just makes me wonder why Harmonix passed on them... Like really, why pass on Steve Vai's "For the love of God" when its so highly regarded... just doesnt make sense to me.
Old 01-27-10, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good point, just didnt want to ruffle and feathers, but I see some of the authors are already posting RBN songs for reviews on youtube, i hadnt really looked for some stuff... I really like seeing some of these big artist come up, just makes me wonder why Harmonix passed on them... Like really, why pass on Steve Vai's "For the love of God" when its so highly regarded... just doesnt make sense to me.
Feel free to post anything you want regarding bands showing up on RBN. Others on different forums are doing so. At least it gives us something RB related to talk about.
Old 01-27-10, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He just seems like the calibur of artist that would get real Harmonix treatment.
Yeah. I guess it makes sense, though, to use some larger artists to help draw people to the RBN store when it launches.
Old 01-27-10, 05:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Which Vai songs are there?
Old 01-27-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pinata242

That is beyond exciting for me. I would kill for the entire first couple albums. Give me Swagger and Drunken Lullabies at the very least.

Then go on to some Pogues. Rum, Sodomy, and Lash please.
Old 01-27-10, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux
rum, sodomy, and lash please.
w

t

f???!!!
Old 01-27-10, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
w

t

f???!!!
Only one of the greatest Pogues records ever! Although If I Should Fall From Grace with God is a close second.
Spoiler:

I love me some Pogues and Flogging Molly.
Old 01-27-10, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by xmiyux
That is beyond exciting for me. I would kill for the entire first couple albums. Give me Swagger and Drunken Lullabies at the very least.
So far:

Requiem for a Dying Song
Drunken Lullabies (Live)
Old 01-27-10, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any Gaelic Storm on RBN yet? Bringing their song Johnny Tarr would also be a blast.
Old 01-29-10, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sweet... The Gaslight Anthem just had 2 songs go up on RBN... I really like that band
Old 01-29-10, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sweet... The Gaslight Anthem just had 2 songs go up on RBN... I really like that band
Old 01-29-10, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

2/2 DLC: The rest of the Country pack exclusives.

* Kenny Chesney – “She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy”
* Montgomery Gentry – “Gone”
* Rascal Flatts – “Me and My Gang”
* Sara Evans – “Suds in the Bucket”
* Trace Adkins – “Swing”
* Willie Nelson – “On the Road Again”
Old 01-29-10, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chuckd21
2/2 DLC: The rest of the Country pack exclusives.

* Kenny Chesney – “She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy”
* Montgomery Gentry – “Gone”
* Rascal Flatts – “Me and My Gang”
* Sara Evans – “Suds in the Bucket”
* Trace Adkins – “Swing”
* Willie Nelson – “On the Road Again”
Yuck... Very disappointing....
Old 01-29-10, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Harumph. They couldn't even release one new track this week?
Old 01-29-10, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They're probably throwing all their resources behind the launch of RBN right now, so a couple weeks of tracks that were already ready to go makes sense.
Old 01-29-10, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

what about the .1 FTE they freed up by finishing the ps3 RB2 patch?
Old 01-29-10, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

When and Why did they re-categorize the Funk 3 pack as Rock? I just noticed that they showed up as unplayed tracks in my Infinite Rock Challenge.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.