Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-10, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Well, the user definitely isn't the person buying the DLC. So I just assumed that it was the user of the XNA account (which would be the artist/author). WSJ might have it fucking backwards though, based on what flashburn posted.
I dunno man, I heard they were offering 30% MSP back for any RBN purchase!

Spoiler:
Old 01-19-10, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Originally Posted by flashburn
That really doesn't make sense either unless they were talking about a specific company. Each company can set (and is) different ways to pay artists/labels.
I'll look for it if I have to take a dump later tonight.
Old 01-20-10, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So here's 4 more songs announced for RBN:

"Push Push (Lady Lightning)"
"Swallow The Razor"
"Blood Red Rock"
"Revolution"

If you can't guess, it's Bang Camaro
Old 01-20-10, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Expensive day for me. Bought the second Petty, the second Nirvana, the only McCartney and the most recent (fourth?) Foo Fighters pack. This is what happens when I stockpile points and XBLA gives me NOTHIN' worth buying.
Old 01-20-10, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Umphrey's McGee is scheduled to launch several songs for the brand new Rock Band Network platform upon its release early this year. This new system will allow fans of the band to dig into the music in ways they have never been able to before.

Umphrey’s McGee has been working with former Harmonix Music Systems employee Andrew Buch, an alumni of Berklee College of Music, to author several songs for the program, including “1348” and “Miss Tinkles Overture." Andrew, whose claims-to-fame include the underground release of his mind-numbingly difficult "Trippolette" in the original Guitar Hero, has worked on several games in the Guitar Hero and Rock Band franchises and was a likely choice to prepare the music of Umphrey's McGee for the game. More of his work can be found at www.andrewbuch.com, including video footage of both Umphrey's McGee's music and the Rock Band network re-release of "Trippolette."

Songs will be available to purchase on the Xbox 360 within the next few months, upon public release of the Rock Band Network. For the full story of the Rock band Network, visit Billboard.com and mashable.com. For further information please visit The Rock Band Network.
These guys are amazing, really hope they can bring the fire.

Here's the demo video of 1348 and Miss Tinkles Overture from Andrew Buch's website

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mbm54r1X-IQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mbm54r1X-IQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by sauce07; 01-20-10 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-20-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I'll look for it if I have to take a dump later tonight.
Didn't have my dump

But I did see this in the official press release this morning:

Artists who submit songs for the Rock Band Network Music Store will be able to choose from multiple pricing tiers for individual tracks and receive a royalty of 30 percent of the retail selling price (excluding tax) for every track purchased through the RBN Store
Old 01-20-10, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Didn't have my dump

But I did see this in the official press release this morning:
So it doesn't follow the Creators Club pricing tiers then it seems. 30% seems like an awfully small portion. But I guess if Microsoft is getting 30% already, then Harmonix is getting 40%?
Old 01-20-10, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So do artists make more if Harmonix releases the songs or if it's released via the RBN?
Old 01-20-10, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No clue on those questions.... Also

Songs will debut exclusively on Xbox 360 for 30 days. A selection of standout tracks will then be made available on the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and the Wii™ home videogame console from Nintendo.
Old 01-20-10, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So we'll be permanent beta testers. Awesome.
Old 01-21-10, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, the patch for PS3 is live. When did that happen? I haven't put the disc in for about a month, so I have no idea if I got in on this early or not.
Old 01-21-10, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 749 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by FatTony
So, the patch for PS3 is live. When did that happen? I haven't put the disc in for about a month, so I have no idea if I got in on this early or not.
I got it a couple weeks ago.
Old 01-21-10, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Put up a crappy video for The Project Hate song up on RBN since the band leader wanted to see what the chart looked like.

I'm sure most of you won't be interested... but anyway:
Old 01-22-10, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DLC for the week of 1/26:

Blue Öyster Cult was one of the biggest mainstays on the psych-rock circuit of the late 70s and early 80s, selling more than 14 million albums worldwide. The first track off their self-titled 1972 album, “Transmaniacon MC,” and one of the group’s most popular tracks, “Godzilla,” (from their fifth album released in 1977, Spectres) are both heading to the Rock Band Music Store next week.
Also included in next week’s update are tracks from 70s space rock group Hawkwind (“Master of the Universe” from 1971’s In Search of Space), former Canadian alternative rock band I Mother Earth (“Levitate” from their 1993 debut Dig), iconic heavy metal rockers Motörhead (“Killed by Death ’08,” re-recorded from 1984’s No Remorse), classic Scottish rockers Nazareth (“Hair of the Dog”, re-recorded from their classic 1974 single) and American rockers Rage Against the Machine (“Bulls on Parade” from their 1996 album, Evil Empire).
Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Jan. 26) and PlayStation 3 system (Jan. 28):

• Blue öyster Cult – “Godzilla”
• Blue Öyster Cult – “Transmaniacon MC”
• Hawkwind – “Master of the Universe”
• I Mother Earth – “Levitate”
• Motörhead – “Killed by Death '08”
• Nazareth – “Hair of the Dog” (2008 re-recording)
• Rage Against the Machine – “Bulls on Parade”

(All tracks are original master recordings)
These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and on Wii on Jan. 26. These tracks will be available Jan. 28 for PlayStation 3.

Price: $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track
** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
Looks like the exclusive Metal Track Pack tracks with an extra BOC?
Old 01-22-10, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Eww, nada for me.
Old 01-22-10, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

BOC, Nazareth and Rage? I assume all these are off that Metal Track Pack?
Old 01-22-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep. Godzilla is new to Rock Band. I'm sure the other 6 tracks already have charts up on youtube.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6rDWqjnW7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6rDWqjnW7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 01-22-10, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
BOC, Nazareth and Rage? I assume all these are off that Metal Track Pack?
Yup, and only the Motorhead track is labeled as Metal.
Old 01-22-10, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! Glad to see Godzilla. I'm in for all, even though Nazareth's re-record has gotten some complaints.
Old 01-22-10, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 732 Likes on 534 Posts

Would have preferred Burning for You instead of Transmaniacon MC.
Old 01-22-10, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm in for IME.
Old 01-22-10, 12:57 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll grab Rage.
Old 01-22-10, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Would have preferred Burning for You instead of Transmaniacon MC.
I still think Burnin For You would be one of THE best all around songs in the game if they ever put it in.
Old 01-22-10, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Godzilla was one of my favorites on GH1, so i'm getting that and Rage.
Old 01-22-10, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 749 Likes on 370 Posts

Rage, Nazareth, and Godzilla for me.

Since we seem to be getting all the Track Pack Exclusives, I'm waiting for the rest of the Country Exclusives, as the only other song I wanted off of that disc is "On The Road Again".

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.