Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

MLB '10: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 2nd

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-10, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: MLB '10: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 2nd

So i've now still only completed 2 games and I'm 0-2.. In the ones where I was winning, handily, the guys either quit or asked for a "friendly" out.. Is it that common for people to just quit cause it's not going well for them?
Old 05-23-10, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, unfortunately that is all too common in all sports games online. Join our dvdtalk league when we get the next one going.
Old 05-23-10, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by bluthswede6
yea, unfortunately that is all too common in all sports games online. Join our dvdtalk league when we get the next one going.
lost my 3rd game so far.. no control to start the game, gave up 2 quick runs then nadda for the rest of the game.. Too bad my batters sucked too! 13k's! ouch! lol

I would love to join the league. Sounds fun. I know I had a blast when I used to race online with NR2003! wow. that was a long time ago!
Old 05-23-10, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I've just about had it with this fucking game. I was playing someone online just now and I hit a homer to take the lead in the top of the 8th. I pause it to get my closer up in the bullpen and when I hit O to return to the game nothing fucking happens.....The game just sits there on the pause screen while I am helpless to watch the 5 minute counter dwindle down becaue no buttons do anything. I hoped when it got to :00 that it would automatically put me back to the game but nope, it said the game was forfeited after that. Fuck this bullshit.
Old 05-24-10, 12:48 AM

Ive noticed alot more glitches in the game since they released these new patches.. Im beginning to lose interest now..
Old 05-26-10, 09:25 PM

Thanks for playing Maxflier.. Was a good time. Nice 11th inning win! I didn't notice too much lag.. a little early but for the most part it was smooth. Hope the same on your end.
Old 05-26-10, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not much lag to speak of for me either. Good game dude.
Old 06-20-10, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

UGH yet another bug with this game. I was playing game 1 of the ALDS in season mode. Pitched Peavy through a 8-0 complete game. I also had Pierre injured. Game ends, saves, everything.

I start up just now to play game 2, and I noticed game 1 shows unplayed. But....Peavy's energy is totally spent indicating he just pitched, and Pierre is listed injured. WTF?
Old 06-20-10, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, that is the bug that drove me insane because it ruined two seasons I was playing. And one of the times it did it to me back to back so the game was still unplayed but all my players energy bars were completely empty so I had no choice but to start the season over. But I finally figured out that what happens is it autosaves everything except the result of your game if there was an injury during it. So any game you play during a season and someone is injured, go to the save screen and you will see the bottom one is checkmarked to show it isn't saved yet, so you have to do it manually.

Last edited by Maxflier; 06-20-10 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-20-10, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Thanks for the info Max. I'll be careful to check that.
Old 06-20-10, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just had something happen that I've never seen before. I hit a line drive straight back up the middle and it hit the pitching rubber and richochetted straight back to the catcher who threw over to first for the easy out.
Old 06-20-10, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Yep, that is the bug that drove me insane because it ruined two seasons I was playing. And one of the times it did it to me back to back so the game was still unplayed but all my players energy bars were completely empty so I had no choice but to start the season over. But I finally figured out that what happens is it autosaves everything except the result of your game if there was an injury during it. So any game you play during a season and someone is injured, go to the save screen and you will see the bottom one is checkmarked to show it isn't saved yet, so you have to do it manually.
I learned something new! That was an issue that always bothered me since last years game. Usually I would just play the next game right away if I had time, or just sim to the next game and have it save.