Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

MLB '10: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 2nd

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-10, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MLB '10: The Show (PS3, PS2, PSP) - March 2nd

i gave up on rtts. i swear its glitched just as bad as the rest of the game.

i was doin rtts as a pitcher and was leading in: wins, era, strikeouts and somethin else i cant remember. at the end of year one i re-negotiated my contract and was promoted to AA. at the beginning of the second year, i wasnt invited to spring training and didnt make the 40 man cut. Instead I was no dropped back down to AAA as a relief pitcher bc i was told i "lost" my skill and was told "i had no chance at a future" or somethin like that. I tried re-starting at my save point before the end of season 1 and the same thing kept occuring. I tried to continue as is and didnt see any games until the end of may and then june! F that!
Old 04-10-10, 04:34 PM

oh how i love this game *sarcasm*

im up 2-1 in the 5th. of course the cpu has to have their instant comeback, so what happens this time? batter hits a ground ball to jeter. jeter throws to first, but its overthrown and goes into the stands/dugout....but its not considered out of play. so the cpu is able to round the bases for an inside the park homerun to tie the score....

i really dont want this game anymore, but i need a baseball game to play and i refuse to play 2k10...
Old 04-10-10, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

I got one for you...
Earlier I played a game and won to move my record to 16-19, I know because I checked the standings after the game. So I load up the ole PS3 just now to continue my season and the game I played earlier is showing as my next scheduled game, as if it hadn't been played yet and my record is back to 15-19. So I didn't let it save after I finished earlier you think, right? The stats for that game are all there, the pitcher who got the win still has that win and his energy is depleted, and I had a guy get injured during that game that is still out. WTF?

Last edited by Maxflier; 04-10-10 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-10-10, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I got one for you...
Earlier I played a game and won to move my record to 16-19, I know because I checked the standings after the game. So I load up the ole PS3 just now to continue my season and the game I played earlier is showing as my next scheduled game, as if it hadn't been played yet and my record is back to 15-19. So I didn't let it save after I finished earlier you think, right? The stats for that game are all there, the pitcher who got the win still has that win and his energy is depleted, and I had a guy get injured during that game that is still out. WTF?
that was a known glitch in last years version too! glad to see sony didnt fix it in this years version.... -sighs-
Old 04-10-10, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Drav3n
that was a known glitch in last years version too! glad to see sony didnt fix it in this years version.... -sighs-
Ok, now I'm pissed. After replaying the game (and winning it again) it's the same fucking thing again. And EVERYONE in my lineup is either ~25% energy or completely empty. So am I stuck on Groundhog Day forever or if I play that game and another one after it will get me past the glitch? This is majorly fucking retarded.
Old 04-10-10, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

The guys getting completely gassed after a few games really gets on my nerves. They act like major leaguers don't play 6 or 7 games in a row without a day off.
Old 04-10-10, 10:57 PM

Ok, now I'm pissed. After replaying the game (and winning it again) it's the same fucking thing again. And EVERYONE in my lineup is either ~25% energy or completely empty. So am I stuck on Groundhog Day forever or if I play that game and another one after it will get me past the glitch? This is majorly fucking retarded.
either play the game and the next game or just sim that one game...thats what i did last year
Old 04-10-10, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, is it just the 35th game that the glitch happens on or are there other ones that I need to be aware of?
I'm leaning toward just starting my season over since my lineup is so screwed fatigue-wise. Thanks to the glitch they have used 2 games worth of energy, heading into a 3rd with, no recovery time to make up for it.
Old 04-11-10, 07:48 AM

couldnt give u an exact time it would happen, but it did happen to me a few times while playing through a season last year..
Old 04-11-10, 10:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't played the new game yet.. but RTTS in the last few years games have pissed me off.. in the 08 game I was in season 3 of my.. Started the season as a starting shortstop on the MLB team(mets).. At the all star break I was leading the league in every major offensive stat. (not too shabby on D either)..

I also had the most Votes for the all star game and should be a starter... So then when I get to play the game. I got to pinch hit in the 8th inning.. Total BS and made me frustrated.. Then once we got back to playing real games, I get benched for not producing enough?? WTF?? Then I get sent back down to the minors... I stopped playing at that point.
Old 04-11-10, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm having one of those kinds of RTTS situations. I got a major league contract from the Giants, and in my final year hit .300 with 25 HR/80 RBI and an All-Star appearance. At season's end, no contract offers were coming in prior to the arbitration deadline, then I'm told that SF won't offer me arbitration. No big deal, since I wanted to be an FA anyway. Well, I sim the offseason week by week so as not to miss contract offers, and get to Spring Training with nothing. No team offers me a deal at all and I have to try out for a club. It was unrealistic and annoying. Hopefully my next FA year will be more fruitful.
Old 04-11-10, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 401 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
The guys getting completely gassed after a few games really gets on my nerves. They act like major leaguers don't play 6 or 7 games in a row without a day off.
That drives me crazy, too. No reason a my RTTS player, who is 23 now, should miss 20-25 games a season when he's healthy.

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
I'm having one of those kinds of RTTS situations. I got a major league contract from the Giants, and in my final year hit .300 with 25 HR/80 RBI and an All-Star appearance. At season's end, no contract offers were coming in prior to the arbitration deadline, then I'm told that SF won't offer me arbitration. No big deal, since I wanted to be an FA anyway. Well, I sim the offseason week by week so as not to miss contract offers, and get to Spring Training with nothing. No team offers me a deal at all and I have to try out for a club. It was unrealistic and annoying. Hopefully my next FA year will be more fruitful.
I got drafted by the Orioles, and after four years I rejected their contract, and they didn't offer me arbitration as well. So the Yankees offered me a 6 year 144 mil contract, and I decided to wait.

So they withdraw their offer, and nobody else offers me a deal. I decide to just try out for the Yankees anyway (to stick it to the Orioles ) and sign a one year deal for 23 mil.

It seems weird that nobody else offered me a deal, considering I was MVP and set several records.
Old 04-11-10, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally just opened this up. Now to wait about 5465436 hours for the update and install.
Old 04-11-10, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nickdawgy

I got drafted by the Orioles, and after four years I rejected their contract, and they didn't offer me arbitration as well. So the Yankees offered me a 6 year 144 mil contract, and I decided to wait.
What a prima donna

Old 04-11-10, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I know, right?
Old 04-11-10, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

So when does the bug-fix patch get released? Cos all your horror stories have kept me from pulling the trigger on this one.
Old 04-13-10, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fuck this game.
I started my season over and my 3rd game in it does the same shit over again. I guess it has to do with injuries because the same dude that happened to get injured the first time it happened to me got injured again this season and low and behold when I go to play my next game....the game I just played is unplayed. So a hard fought victory is once again fucking gone.
Seriously. FUCK this game.
Old 04-13-10, 07:16 PM

Fuck this game.
I started my season over and my 3rd game in it does the same shit over again. I guess it has to do with injuries because the same dude that happened to get injured the first time it happened to me got injured again this season and low and behold when I go to play my next game....the game I just played is unplayed. So a hard fought victory is once again fucking gone.
Seriously. FUCK this game.
i kept getting an injured player when i started my season too... i think mine was in game 4 w/ my starting pitcher (phil hughes). the first time said he would be out for several months so i didnt save and restarted and the second time it said he would be out for about 3-4 weeks which i choose to deal w/.

i doubt well see any other patches for this game....but i really hope ill be wrong on this one.
Old 04-13-10, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They really dropped the ball on the stats this year.

It was 4-4, bottom of the 9th. Nobody on base, and I singled. The next guy up drove me in with a double and we won. But it didn't count as me scoring a run. What?

Another stats error (it happened to me before) where my team was ranked #1 in homers and the team I was playing had 10 more, but they were ranked #3.

I hit a grounder to the third baseman. He hurried the throw, and it sailed over the first baseman's head, but stayed in play. I make it safely to second. The ball is just sitting on the field. Nobody attempting to pick it up when the first baseman and the catcher are right there. So I just keep running. They didn't even go after the ball until I was walking (WALKING!) in to score for the inside the parker.

The dropped third strike glitch is still there. To this day, every time I strike out swinging, the catcher has dropped the ball. Every. Time. I'm never safe either, in fact it's not even close. He just drops the ball every single time.

Ridiculous.
Old 04-14-10, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

So, again, when does the bug-fix patch get released?
Old 04-14-10, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know I read that if you play at Tropicana field, the game locks up often...so avoid playing in Tampa Bay for now.

Also, I had a glitch last night. It was the 6th inning, I'm up 2-1 and I have runners on 1st and 2nd. I have my player go to sacrifice and he squares around to bunt. The pitcher ends up hitting me as I started to release the bunt button. The game goes to a cut scene and the ball falls to the ground and my player stares at the pitcher....and that is it. The game would not progress. I just stood there for 10 minutes....nothing would happen. The game was not "frozen" as I could still hit start, but all the major options (like EXIT) were grayed out. I basically had to exit the game and scrap it.

That has been my only "major" glitch....the rest has been smooth sailing. I'm only playing FRANCHISE...no online or RTTS.
Old 04-14-10, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I know I read that if you play at Tropicana field, the game locks up often...so avoid playing in Tampa Bay for now.
i noticed that. but it only happened (for me atleast) in the third game of my three game series against them as the yankees. i ended up just simming the game so i could actually continue. thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-14-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For a game so highly regarded, it sure has some major league bugs.
So there are at least 2 different bugs that will bring your season to a screeching halt.

DJLongfellow,
I see that you are playing Franchise mode, have you had anyone get injured yet? If injuries don't fuck over your season in Franchise mode then maybe I will try that (and keep my fingers crossed that I don't get hit by a pitch while bunting) instead of just Season mode.
Old 04-14-10, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had Magglio Ordenez get injured for 2 weeks. I didn't think that was major....that was about it from what I recall....I'm about 3 weeks into the season I believe.
Old 04-14-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry for all the questions, but after he got injured did you play another game right away or did you turn off the console before playing your next game?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.