Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Trevor
http://www.imdb.com/search/title - IMDB advanced title search
horror films by year starting 1895 - wiki breakdown by decade then year

Building of the 31 Film Subset: The Final Phase has begun -&- Crossover Group Voting

2 volunteers are still needed for the subset list.

Print Wikipost

The official Xbox 360 thread - the console of choice on nuclear submarines

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-10, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
re: The official Xbox 360 thread - the console of choice on nuclear submarines

Oh, maybe. I'll have to look into that.

Separate topic... I queued something up on the site and since I bought the Halo console it's trying to queue it up to the old console. Anyone here know how to change that? I registered the new console on xbox.com but I guess there is a setting I'm missing?
Old 09-24-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't find the link but it's in Major Nelson's website.

If I remember correctly you go to the console and check Active/Pending downloads and chose to download the Pending items in that console. It will ask you if you want to setup that as your default console and you just answer yes and that's it. Something like that.
Old 09-27-10, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Cool. Thanks Raul. I'll have to remember to check that out later.

*edit* - No dice. I assume it's because I haven't done the license transfer which I wasn't going to do.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 09-28-10 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-28-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is probably a dumb question, but I just never deal with system ownership issues so I'm kind of in the dark. If I pull out my HD and put it in another machine and connect to Live will I have access to my XBLA content?
Old 09-28-10, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As long as you're connected to XBL, it doesn't matter what console ID you're on.
Old 09-28-10, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
As long as you're connected to XBL, it doesn't matter what console ID you're on.
Fantastic. Thanks.
Old 09-28-10, 02:18 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

DLC on sale this week.

Star Wars Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, Fable II and Assassin's Creed II there is ad up on the dashboard.
Old 09-28-10, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,203 Likes on 4,230 Posts

(reminds self to finally unwrap and try out Assassin's Creed II sometime).
Old 09-28-10, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Decker
You too?
Old 09-28-10, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Shoot. I got both of you beat. I bought AC1 about a month or so ago for $5...haven't opened it yet. AC2 isn't even a twinkle in my eye.
Old 09-28-10, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think they've got you beat because they bought ACII at launch for full price and you only spent $5 on a bargain title.
Old 09-28-10, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by shumway
I think they've got you beat because they bought ACII at launch for full price and you only spent $5 on a bargain title.
Yep..those other dudes totally win...at the worst contest ever!
Old 09-29-10, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts

Why would you buy a brand new game for $50-$60 and not play it? It's bad enough when people buy a title on sale for $30 or so and let it sit, but full price?
Old 09-29-10, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,203 Likes on 4,230 Posts

Originally Posted by superfro
Yep..those other dudes totally win...at the worst contest ever!

Suck it, Tracer Bullet!

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Why would you buy a brand new game for $50-$60 and not play it? It's bad enough when people buy a title on sale for $30 or so and let it sit, but full price?
Well, I bought my copy last fall during my annual cycle of buying and exchanging games during the big TRU B2G1 game sale they have every October. I'll usually buy six games and over the next six weeks swap out the four place holders with games I'm sorta interested in as they get released. ACII was one of those games. I've just never got around to playing it yet for whatever reason (distracted by other games, playing stuff that my friends want to also play in multi-player, hooked on XBLA, etc.)

The other reason is, of course, that I'm so absurdly wealthy now that my only uses for discretionary income these days are to buy every single decently reviewed video game on a whim, and making bar bets that result in the senseless death of complete strangers for my own amusement.
Old 09-29-10, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Major has hinted that the Preview Program will begin rolling out (or may even fully publish) later today.
Old 09-29-10, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I never got my info in.
Old 09-29-10, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I really hope I get it before the OSU/TA&M game on ESPN tomorrow evening. Will be amazing to not have to watch it on the laptop or listen to it on the radio.
Old 09-29-10, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Dear Xbox LIVE members,

Just three months ago at E3 2010, I shared with you the latest entertainment experiences coming to Xbox LIVE, including ESPN and Zune music. Today, I’m excited that tens of thousands of you will receive an advanced look at these new experiences through the Xbox LIVE Preview program.

What you’ll find is that we’re continuing to bring you amazing content to enjoy on Xbox LIVE, we’re making your entertainment social and interactive, and we’re continuing to refine and build on our best experiences.

With this update, we are adding 3,500 live and on-demand sporting events per year, including out of market games, from ESPN3.com and 11 million music tracks from Zune at launch in the US. We are also adding Netflix search to existing features like movie parties to ensure Xbox LIVE continues to be the best way to enjoy Netflix.

With ESPN on Xbox LIVE, available to members in the US, we’re building in interactive features that will let you keep up on the latest scores from around the sports world without leaving the game you’re watching, follow your favorite leagues, predict a winner and see how the rest of the community voted on a particular game. The social nature of our LIVE platform will let you voice chat with up to seven friends on the other coast while watching the big game as if they were sitting next to you in the stadium.

Last year, we delivered tens of thousands of videos instantly in up to 1080p HD to Xbox 360 for the first time, and this fall with the expansion of the Zune music experience on Xbox LIVE, members in the US, U.K., France, Italy and Spain can enjoy unlimited, instant streaming of millions of songs via a Zune Pass music subscription and see what their friends are listening to on the largest screen in the house. What’s better is that you’ll be able to enjoy Zune music and video across your Xbox 360 console, PC and, this holiday, Windows Phone 7.

Also included in this Xbox LIVE update is the launch of Netflix on Xbox LIVE in Canada, a refreshed Xbox LIVE dashboard and updated Xbox LIVE Family Settings so you can help choose the right play and viewing settings for your family.

But this is only the beginning. With the launch of Kinect for Xbox 360, I truly believe that the best of Xbox LIVE will become extraordinary. This amazing technology will allow you, your friends, and family to navigate ESPN, Zune, Sky Player, and Last.fm on Xbox LIVE with just the sound of your voice and the wave of your hand.

I’m also excited to confirm that Video Kinect will integrate with Windows Live Messenger at launch, so Xbox LIVE members can video chat with hundreds of millions of PC users around the world. Video Kinect will use Kinect to bring the people you care about right into your living room without a headset, and adjust automatically to capture everyone in the room.

Every year we’ve pushed ourselves to deliver the best games and entertainment, and I’m incredibly proud of my team, and what we’re delivering to Xbox LIVE this fall. Our goal is to continue innovating and delivering experiences that are meaningful to you. So you can enjoy the entertainment you want, with the people you care about, in a simple way. Keep playing, keep sharing, and keep pushing us.

See you on LIVE,

Marc Whitten
Old 09-29-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I signed up for the preview but I entered "PixyJunket" instead of "PixyJunket360" as my GamerTag.

GIVE ME MY NAME ASSHOLES, NOBODY ELSE IS USING IT OR WILL EVER USE.
Old 09-29-10, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

At the PAX Stepto (XBL Enforcement, etc) panel, it was asked if there were plans to release dormant GTs back to the public. They said it was in work. They didn't elaborate on the extent or requirements of that, but there you go. I'd be happy to drop 118 pounds myself.
Old 09-29-10, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The other reason is, of course, that I'm so absurdly wealthy now that my only uses for discretionary income these days are to buy every single decently reviewed video game on a whim, and making bar bets that result in the senseless death of complete strangers for my own amusement.
That is flat out beautiful!!!
Old 09-29-10, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
At the PAX Stepto (XBL Enforcement, etc) panel, it was asked if there were plans to release dormant GTs back to the public. They said it was in work. They didn't elaborate on the extent or requirements of that, but there you go. I'd be happy to drop 118 pounds myself.
I think they've been saying that for a while now though. We'll see though.

The only really ridiculous thing is that it was mine, it's not like I'm trying to get an account name that somebody else had.
Old 09-29-10, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Preachin' to the choir.
Old 09-29-10, 11:51 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Preview Xbox 360 Fall 2010 Dashboard update

<object width="640" height="360" data="http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer-3.2.4_10005.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer-3.2.4_10005.swf" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="whiskey-video-id" value="3290" /><param name="flashvars" value='config={"key":"#@b549b3cbe0f4ce68961","clip":{"scaling": "fit"},"canvas":{"background":"#000000","backgroundGradient":"none"},"playlist":["http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/23534/1539469-ds2.jpg", {"autoPlay":false,"url":"http://media.giantbomb.com/video/vf_nnxe_ql_092810_1500.mp4"}],"plugins":{"controls":{"url":"http://media.giantbomb.com/media/video/flash/flowplayer.controls-3.2.2_10003.swf","autoHide":"always","timeColor":"#cc0000","bufferGradient":"none","volumeSliderColor":"#333333","durationColor":"#ffffff","sliderColor":"#333333","tooltipTextColor":"#ffffff","backgroundGradient":"none","timeBgColor":"#000","borderRadius":"0px","tooltipColor":"#000","buttonColor":"#cc0000","sliderGradient":"none","progressColor":"#cc0000","bufferColor":"#666666","volumeSliderGradient":"none","buttonOverColor":"#990000","progressGradient":"medium","backgroundColor":"#111111"}}}' /></object>
Old 09-29-10, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still think that the redesigned avatars look super creepy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.