Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Transformers - The War for Cybertron (Activision, NOT Movie based!)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Transformers - The War for Cybertron (Activision, NOT Movie based!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-10, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Transformers - The War for Cybertron (Activision, NOT Movie based!)

Transformers: War for Cybertron Multiplayer Character Trailer

<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf"><PARAM NAME=scale VALUE="noScale"><PARAM NAME=salign VALUE="lt"><PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high><PARAM NAME=allowscriptaccess VALUE="always"><PARAM NAME=flashvars VALUE="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9&mapp=embedded_480&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false&paramsXML=http%3A%2F%2Fau.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6254708%26mode%3Dembe dded%26width%3D480%26height%3D310%26newplayer%3D1%26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded480_169.xml"><embed id="mymovie" width="480" height="310" flashvars="bwr=0&playerMode=embedded&movieAspect=16.9&mapp=embedded_480&gen=1&viewMode=sd&autoPlay=false&paramsXML=http%3A%2F%2Fau.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6254708%26mode%3Dembe dded%26width%3D480%26height%3D310%26newplayer%3D1%26skin%3DeidotheaEmbedded480_169.xml" wmode="opaque" allowscriptaccess="always" scale="noScale" salign="lt" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" name="mymovie" style="" src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/eidothea/release/eidothea.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></embed></OBJECT>
Old 04-07-10, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 04-07-10, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Ugh, exclusive character crap again for preorders from different stores. I think it's Demolisher for Amazon and Shockwave for Gamestop. I'm a huge Transformers fan and I don't even know if there was a Demolisher in G1, unless they're talking about the movie one.
Old 04-07-10, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This looks pretty neat. I too wish the designs were straight up G1, but this looks close enough to satisfy my nostalgia. More than a Transformers game, though, I wish we could get a great classic GI Joe game. That shit seems like the biggest no brainer in the history of the world. Not an FPS, because I would want to see the character models, but a 3rd person shooter in the vein of Lost Planet? That would make me wet.
Old 04-07-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There is a new G1 game... on the iphone, of all places.
Old 04-07-10, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Ugh, exclusive character crap again for preorders from different stores. I think it's Demolisher for Amazon and Shockwave for Gamestop. I'm a huge Transformers fan and I don't even know if there was a Demolisher in G1, unless they're talking about the movie one.
Looks like I need to go to Gamestop for Shockwave. I hope they have cleaned up their act since the Juggernaut pre-order.
Old 04-07-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by boredsilly
This looks pretty neat. I too wish the designs were straight up G1, but this looks close enough to satisfy my nostalgia. More than a Transformers game, though, I wish we could get a great classic GI Joe game. That shit seems like the biggest no brainer in the history of the world. Not an FPS, because I would want to see the character models, but a 3rd person shooter in the vein of Lost Planet? That would make me wet.
Agreed. Even though a FPS GI Joe could just make itself. Multiplayer could be different classes with Joe, Cobra, Iron Grenadiers, Red Shadows, etc. Then different classes with Vipers, Cobra Troopers, Crimson Guard etc and have a hero character pop on various respawn like SW Battlefront.
Old 04-07-10, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ugh, just reading that has me wanting. I think the time to strike for 80's nostalgia is now. Give me:

The GI Joe game
Thundercats -- in the style of X-men legends
He-man -- in the style of God of War
Dangermouse -- in the vein of Sly Cooper
The Smurfs -- in the style of Drakes Fortune.

A man can dream. The sad thing is I freely admit these games wouldn't need to be great to make me happy. I'm just looking for decent playable things, like the TMNT movie game that came out 3 years ago. Not exceptional, but I had fun playing it. Fun that was heightened by nostalgia.
Old 04-07-10, 10:08 PM

There wasn't a Demolisher in G1. This Demolisher is from Transformers Armada, which on the surface is a bizarre decision for an exclusive character. So far all we've seen for the game have been G1 characters, and Armada is almost universally reviled by everyone, except for a small contingent of teenagers who were young children when it originally aired. Amazon definitely drew the short end of the stick for an exclusive. I can't imagine why anyone would choose Armada Demolisher over Shockwave.
Old 05-02-10, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks like Jazz is now a Best Buy exclusive. Stinks that these characters are for multiplayer only though.
Old 05-02-10, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This looks pretty good. Who are the two big transformers? The one on the autobots side has a hand that looks like Omega Supreme.
Old 05-05-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the multiplayer gameplay trailer. I might actually get this...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J96mb1sf5Og&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J96mb1sf5Og&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Old 05-06-10, 09:46 AM

so much hope for this...
Old 05-06-10, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

http://www.destructoid.com/10-things...n-172888.phtml
Old 05-06-10, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really hope this doesn't suck.
Old 06-02-10, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's the teaser for Gamestop's exclusive pre-order for Shockwave. I'm wondering how I can not buy this game now.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HtyYt7oRMhs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HtyYt7oRMhs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 06-02-10, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by wedge
There wasn't a Demolisher in G1. This Demolisher is from Transformers Armada, which on the surface is a bizarre decision for an exclusive character. So far all we've seen for the game have been G1 characters, and Armada is almost universally reviled by everyone, except for a small contingent of teenagers who were young children when it originally aired. Amazon definitely drew the short end of the stick for an exclusive. I can't imagine why anyone would choose Armada Demolisher over Shockwave.
I didn't even think about Armada Demolisher... out of all the Armada designs, why him?

But the $10 Amazon credit got my preorder, despite my love of Shockwave. I mean, he should eventually be up for DLC, right?
Old 06-02-10, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only thing I'm not excited about is the cybertronian versions of their vehicle forms. I know it serves the story, but it does dampen my interest somewhat.
Old 06-02-10, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by XavierMike
The only thing I'm not excited about is the cybertronian versions of their vehicle forms. I know it serves the story, but it does dampen my interest somewhat.
You gotta take the good with the not-so-bad. It's not 1984 anymore and they really can't cater just to those of us that raced home after school to catch the shows (even though we have the kids now). That version of earth and those vehicles are a little dated for 2010.

They got the voices, robot designs, and spirit of the G1 (or G0.5) characters down and it looks way more satisfying than other recent renditions. Who knows, maybe by supporting this one a sequel can bridge the gap a little more to what you really want.
Old 06-04-10, 08:22 AM

I am thinking strongly about getting this but my concern is it being a 3rd person shooter. I am used to 1st person shooters like COD and the like. I think I will bite the bullet anyway.
Old 06-04-10, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by thebunk
I am thinking strongly about getting this but my concern is it being a 3rd person shooter. I am used to 1st person shooters like COD and the like. I think I will bite the bullet anyway.
I wouldn't be worried, something like Gears of War played pretty well and retains a lot of the same mechanics as a first person shooter.
Old 06-04-10, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by XavierMike
I would be utterly shocked if the Earth-bound forms don't show up as unlockables in-game or, and I hope this isn't the case, premium DLC.
Old 06-07-10, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

On the latest Major Nelson podcast, he interviewed a dude from the studio for 25 minutes. He was so passionate and sold everything so well that I may have passed out from lack of blood to the brain from my nerd boner. Everything sounds epic. I'm getting this, that's all there is to it.
Old 06-07-10, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

Originally Posted by thebunk

I am the biggest 3rd Person Shooter advocate on this board. Most here are FPS fans like you. I would suggest you give it a chance before blowing it off.
Old 06-09-10, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

MP demo on the morrow.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.