The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Old 06-14-19, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,341 Likes on 1,515 Posts
Re: The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Originally Posted by Decker View Post

AC/DC® is now 50% off on all platforms! You can purchase the individual AC/DC Pinball table or go big with 50% off Stern Pack 1 which includes AC/DC® Premium, Star Trek™ Vengeance Premium, Ripley's Believe it or Not!®, Flight 2000™, and Starship Troopers™!

Switch EU sale starts May 17th.
Xbox One all regions sale ends May 30th.
Nintendo Switch North America sale ends May 17th.
One more chance to grab it :

The Pinball Arcade
Page Liked ·
·

This is your last chance to purchase AC/DC® Pinball before it's gone!

Our license agreement to sell the AC/DC® Pinball table will come to an end on June 30th, 2019. After this date, the AC/DC® Pinball table will no longer be offered for sale within the Pinball Arcade or Stern Pinball Arcade. However, customers who purchased the table prior to the deadline will continue to own the table and have access to it within the game. We will continue to support it as we do the other tables in our collection. This change will affect all of our devices and platforms.

AC/DC® and Stern Pack 1 will both be 50% off so you can pick it up before it's gone!

Sale dates:
iOS: Now - June 30th
Android: Now - June 30th
Steam: Now - June 30th
PS4 NA: June 10th - June 30th
PS4 EU: Now - June 30th
Switch: June 10th - June 30th
Xbox One: TBT (We will announce via FB)
Old 08-03-20, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone try Zaccaria Pinball? Free on PSN.

I'm enjoying it, so far.
Old 08-03-20, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I've been playing it on the PC for a couple years now. Since Zaccaria's heyday was in the mid 70's to the 80's, a lot of their tables are pretty simple, and of course designed to easily drain balls. So IMO not every table is a hit. The developers of the game have done modern remakes of most of the tables, and those tend to be designed to allow for longer play sessions.
Old 08-03-20, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shizawn View Post
I've been playing it on the PC for a couple years now. Since Zaccaria's heyday was in the mid 70's to the 80's, a lot of their tables are pretty simple, and of course designed to easily drain balls. So IMO not every table is a hit. The developers of the game have done modern remakes of most of the tables, and those tend to be designed to allow for longer play sessions.
Hate when I think i found something new and its been out for awhile.on PC

Thanks for the input though 👍
Old 08-03-20, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by astrochimp View Post
Hate when I think i found something new and its been out for awhile.on PC

Thanks for the input though 👍
I think it may have been available on mobile even before the PC.

I'd say it's good value for the money. There are 37 original tables plus around 10 more you can unlock. 27 modern remakes, 27 "retro" tables, and now they're working on deluxe tables. So all in there are 100+ tables. And most of the tables have multiple game modes: Simulator is essentially how the table released, Arcade has more forgiving nudges, and Custom mode where you can modify the table characteristics; 3-ball, 5-ball, a 90 second mode, target mode (hit as many targets you can with one ball), and challenge modes where you have to perform a certain action within a time limit. And all the game modes on all the tables have their own leaderboards, so there's a crapton of them.

If you're an achievement hunter the Steam version is a dream as there are currently 4,700 achievements.
Old 11-30-21, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 184 Likes on 134 Posts

For those of you on the Xbox, I have spent the last many months playing all 99(!) tables on Pinball FX3 and have beaten all the challenges and beaten all the scores of anyone who is a friend with me on here.

I am not bragging but just looking for a new challenge on it. I figured many may still play from time to time on it or have a favorite table. So if you are a friend of mine on the Xbox (or want to become one) and beat one of my scores, post here or either send me a PM when you beat one. I didn't try to get crazy high scores on everything. I just tried to beat the highest score that was currently on there that I was friends with.
Old 12-01-21, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Speaking of Pinball FX3, the next iteration of the series, simply called Pinball FX, is planned for a summer 2022 launch.

They have a small FAQ up at https://www.pinballfx.com/?page_id=7115.
Old 12-02-21, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,341 Likes on 1,515 Posts

Originally Posted by shizawn View Post
Speaking of Pinball FX3, the next iteration of the series, simply called Pinball FX, is planned for a summer 2022 launch.

They have a small FAQ up at https://www.pinballfx.com/?page_id=7115.
From that site :
Do I need to rebuy my tables in Pinball FX?
We know a lot of our players invested into previous pinball platforms, and some tables you may have been playing since 2007. We are working on several ways to make it easier and more economical to access legacy tables in Pinball FX. We’ll have more information on this soon.

I own like 93/99 tables. I don't want to have to buy them all again, even at a dollar each that's a fortune.
Old 12-02-21, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Not sure how many of you have a Quest 2 VR headset... but Pinball FX on that system is fantastic.