Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
Video Game Talk
HD Reviews
 



Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-17, 07:33 PM   #2001
pinata242
DVD Talk Hero
 
pinata242's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 30,035
Re: The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

I had Ms. Splosion Man mastered. Then they took her away from me. Fuckin' Microsoft.
__________________
XBL: pinata242 | PSN: pinata242 | Steam: pinata242
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 06:53 AM   #2002
Kedrix
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Kedrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 4,008
Re: The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinata242 View Post
I had Ms. Splosion Man mastered. Then they took her away from me. Fuckin' Microsoft.
I feel the same way about PvsZ..at least I still have Epic Quest (which is the only one I stand a chance of "mastering")
__________________
Michael Durr
Kedrix of Aldrianian - (*The Forgotten One*)
Xbox Gamertag: Kedrix / Follow Me on Twitter: KedrixDotNet
Yes, I have my own webpage - @ Kedrix.net
Personal VUDU M2D Page -->http://www.kedrix.net/vudu-mobile-d2d/
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-17, 07:56 AM   #2003
Kedrix
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Kedrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 4,008
Re: The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

If anybody is having trouble with the various achievements (trophies) of Pinball FX3 in the base set, especially related to the Challenge modes, play Paranormal. One Ball Challenge, 5 Minute, Survival all go down ridiculously easy with that table. Just make liberal use of your bumpers (easy right flipper shot) and make sure your upgrades are focused on this attribute and you are golden.

It also puts you in the driver's seat for the Collectibles achievement too which is only 140 and after completing the three challenges I was already at 120. I did one ball challenge on the second try, and the rest on the first. Meanwhile, Sorcerer's Lair, all of my challenge scoring is in the 12 or 13/15 region (after many, many attempts). But Sorcerer's Lair might be easier when it comes to getting all of the wizard/upgrade stuff, i.e. the long run. Multi-ball on Paranormal is not as easy as SL.
__________________
Michael Durr
Kedrix of Aldrianian - (*The Forgotten One*)
Xbox Gamertag: Kedrix / Follow Me on Twitter: KedrixDotNet
Yes, I have my own webpage - @ Kedrix.net
Personal VUDU M2D Page -->http://www.kedrix.net/vudu-mobile-d2d/
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-17, 12:36 PM   #2004
Kelkee
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,356
Re: The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

I have noticed some tables are harder than others to complete the challenges.

Try Rome. I can only get a few stars in each challenge because its a drain monster and difficult for me to score high on that board. But Excalibur or SL I can keep the ball in play much longer and make shots for higher scores.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-17, 08:54 AM   #2005
Jcheckel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 853
Re: The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
If anybody is having trouble with the various achievements (trophies) of Pinball FX3 in the base set, especially related to the Challenge modes, play Paranormal. One Ball Challenge, 5 Minute, Survival all go down ridiculously easy with that table. Just make liberal use of your bumpers (easy right flipper shot) and make sure your upgrades are focused on this attribute and you are golden.

It also puts you in the driver's seat for the Collectibles achievement too which is only 140 and after completing the three challenges I was already at 120. I did one ball challenge on the second try, and the rest on the first. Meanwhile, Sorcerer's Lair, all of my challenge scoring is in the 12 or 13/15 region (after many, many attempts). But Sorcerer's Lair might be easier when it comes to getting all of the wizard/upgrade stuff, i.e. the long run. Multi-ball on Paranormal is not as easy as SL.
I always enjoyed that table, for most of the last 2 weeks I was #4 on One Ball on the PS4 leaderboards for it, I've dropped to #5 now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-17, 09:41 AM   #2006
Kedrix
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Kedrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 4,008
Re: The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcheckel View Post
Paranormal, I always enjoyed that table, for most of the last 2 weeks I was #4 on One Ball on the PS4 leaderboards for it, I've dropped to #5 now.
Ahhh, you are far better than me . I did manage to get all of the collectibles last night and for the first time, I actually got the Paranormal table achievement which I always had the worst trouble with. Needless to say I'm not anything special at pinball but every once in a while I get something I'm happy with. (And I do have more cheevos in FX3 than Pinata does...at least for the next ~48 hours anyway )
__________________
Michael Durr
Kedrix of Aldrianian - (*The Forgotten One*)
Xbox Gamertag: Kedrix / Follow Me on Twitter: KedrixDotNet
Yes, I have my own webpage - @ Kedrix.net
Personal VUDU M2D Page -->http://www.kedrix.net/vudu-mobile-d2d/
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-17, 08:39 AM   #2007
Jcheckel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 853
Re: The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

The thing with that table is its easy to score a lot with the bumper section, it's got an easy 3 step skill shot, hard to lose a ball on the right side, and it has a magna save. It's even crazier on the non-challenge games, since I think on that table you can get 4 or 5 free balls on each of your 3 balls.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.

...
Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0