Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Old 12-13-10, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Re: The Ultimate Pinball Thread

Originally Posted by superfro View Post
I honestly could care less about others scores at this point. I'm constantly just trying to do better than my performances, which are nowhere near the tops. I had previously assumed L&O had Aspergers, but his Leaderboard scores prove it. I have no choice but to assume that's the case with brianluvdvd as well.
I think I'll go with this as my way would require me to more than quadruple my current high score.
Old 12-13-10, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I honestly could care less about others scores at this point. I'm constantly just trying to do better than my performances, which are nowhere near the tops. I had previously assumed L&O had Aspergers, but his Leaderboard scores prove it. I have no choice but to assume that's the case with brianluvdvd as well.
It's more about the fun of beating L&O's scores than anything else. And the fact that he is really good and has high scores make it all the better when you finally beat him. So I just kinda complemented L&O without really meaning to. Crap.
Old 12-13-10, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd View Post
So you are saying that you fuckers are the ones that are bringing me down?
No. Even my puny little Superscore contributes a little bit towards your total Wizard score. Not nearly as much as the other way around though, I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by orangecrush View Post
I think you have to get 1 million wizard score to get an avatar wizard outfit.
It's 100,000 actually.
Old 12-13-10, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's more about the fun of beating L&O's scores than anything else. And the fact that he is really good and has high scores make it all the better when you finally beat him. So I just kinda complemented L&O without really meaning to. Crap.
I just don't know how you guys play a single game as long as you do. I played a single game on Spider-Man last night for 20 minutes or so but was still only up to about 80 million points. I need to double that to even get close to your guys' scores. I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Old 12-13-10, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just don't know how you guys play a single game as long as you do. I played a single game on Spider-Man last night for 20 minutes or so but was still only up to about 80 million points. I need to double that to even get close to your guys' scores. I don't see that happening anytime soon.
That's just it though. I got my score on Spider-man in 20 or so minutes. It's all about the ramps, combos, multi-ball and finishing the little game/story modes. If you do those you get big points quite quickly.

Another tip, sometimes you just aren't feeling it for a table and you have to move to a different one. Or it can take several restarts. I look at my current high score and if I don't get 10% of it on my first ball, and double that on my second ball, I restart the game until I do that. Usually I go thru several games before I hit the sweet spot game and rack up the points. I almost gave up on the R&B game last night because of so many restarts and I was sucking wind so much. But then I got the ramps down pat and ended up getting multi-balls probably 5 separate times on my first ball. Everything then fell into place and the points came fast and furious.
Old 12-13-10, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That's just it though. I got my score on Spider-man in 20 or so minutes. It's all about the ramps, combos, and finishing the little game/story modes. If you do those you get big points quite quickly.
I'd love to see a 170 million point game in 20 minutes to find out what I'm doing wrong. As far as I was concerned the stuff you listed is what I've been doing.
Old 12-13-10, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe I'm just losing track of time but I could swear my restarts take far more time than my big games. I would try to time a big game but I restart way too much.
Old 12-13-10, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 12-13-10, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
It's 100,000 actually.
I don't see either happening for me, so it may as well be 1 million
Old 12-13-10, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love to see a 170 million point game in 20 minutes to find out what I'm doing wrong. As far as I was concerned the stuff you listed is what I've been doing.
Well, on spidey it's VERY easy to get into a mode where each ramp comes in starting at 200k, plus 200k per after that. So hit 10 shots and you're up to 2M per ramp, plus all the ones you got up to that point. Get in a nice rhythm (and add in the Goblin Multiball and you're well on your way.

I think I've figured out Wolverine now too - just have issues hitting the saucers on demand which would help a lot. But the ramps can be used for fastball and rage modes, as well as a 2 ball multibal action. The Hand section is a quick way to nail down a few million points in a VERY short time, as is the double claw combo.

Still working on cracking Blade though...
Old 12-13-10, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Are the ramps a lot harder to hit when in a mission, or does it just seem that way to me?
Old 12-13-10, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions View Post
Well, on spidey it's VERY easy to get into a mode where each ramp comes in starting at 200k, plus 200k per after that. So hit 10 shots and you're up to 2M per ramp, plus all the ones you got up to that point. Get in a nice rhythm (and add in the Goblin Multiball and you're well on your way.
Which I do. You can only do that mode (the second of the Webslinger modes) once per ball though right? (I know you can activate it via other random methods as well, so maybe that's a factor.) So once you do it one time you're just spinning your wheels till the next ball. (Assuming you got the 3rd Webslinger level with the Extra Ball and the process resets.) It just seems from my experiences that there's no way to even get close to 150K+ in 20 minutes.

Of course maybe those are just phenomenal atypical runs too. Do you guys get up to that level often?

Last edited by superfro; 12-13-10 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-13-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Which I do. You can only do that mode (the second of the Webslinger modes) once per ball though right? (I know you can activate it via other random methods as well, so maybe that's a factor.) So once you do it one time you're just spinning your wheels till the next ball. (Assuming you got the 3rd Webslinger level with the Extra Ball and the process resets.) It just seems from my experiences that there's no way to even get close to 150K+ in 20 minutes.

Of course maybe those are just phenomenal atypical runs too. Do you guys get up to that level often?
Other modes get points too though, the MJ house jump is easy, the Doc Ock is good for 500k per shot, the goblin, mysterio's stupid swap mode...the kicker is combining multiple modes at once and having multiball a lot.

As that other jerkface said, games when you're at our level of play are either good, or restarted quickly. I do get over 100M quite frequently on Spiderman, but then it becomes a mind game and I fuck up even the easiest shot.
Old 12-13-10, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

games when you're at our level of play
And with that, I no longer even care to have this conversation any further.
Old 12-13-10, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And with that, I no longer even care to have this conversation any further.
I did that for your benefit.
Old 12-13-10, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I did that for your benefit.
I was trying to figure out how to combine your name with at least 2 other folks that came to mind instantly talking that bullshit, but I didn't want to make anybody cry. Other than me obviously.
Old 12-13-10, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Brianluverandonions?
Old 12-13-10, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FYI..listening to you talk about your prowess all sounds like this to me.

Old 12-13-10, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ok well screw you for trying to help.

You: Wah wah score. wah wah low score. wah wah Assburgers.
Me: Oh, well here's how I managed that score. Hope it helps!
You: Wah Wah, that's what I do. Wah Wah. Poor Me.
Me: Suck it.
Old 12-13-10, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ok well screw you for trying to help.

You: Wah wah score. wah wah low score. wah wah Assburgers.
Me: Oh, well here's how I managed that score. Hope it helps!
You: Wah Wah, that's what I do. Wah Wah. Poor Me.
Me: Suck it.
Old 12-14-10, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

87+ mill on Wolverine
Old 12-14-10, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

On Blade the ball will sometimes go down some weird passage on the left. What is that passage and what are you supposed to do? It looks like there are kickers you can trigger to bump the ball out to a rail.
Old 12-14-10, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux View Post
On Blade the ball will sometimes go down some weird passage on the left. What is that passage and what are you supposed to do? It looks like there are kickers you can trigger to bump the ball out to a rail.
if it zooms in on it, use the flippers to punch the ball through where the light is blinking.
Old 12-14-10, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by astrochimp View Post
87+ mill on Wolverine
Nice! Suck it Spiderbite!
Old 12-14-10, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nice! Suck it Spiderbite!
Not even sure what i did. I was like in a trance on the one ball and everywhere i wanted it to go it went. Don't think i could do it again if i tried

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.