Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-10, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Re: Borderlands

Originally Posted by K&AJones
A good pistol with a zoom, high damage, good fire rate and clip size is great for brains. A good shotgun with a high accuracy is also good.
I found that Repeaters were perfect for Brains.
Old 06-02-10, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I found that Repeaters were perfect for Brains.
Shotty to the head. works 60% of the time, every time. at least that's how i did it.
Old 06-02-10, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep shotty worked great for me. Especially easy if you are slightly elevated.
Old 06-02-10, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm sure I used a Vladof model as they have good zoom, fire rate, clip size and above all else good accuracy. I cannot find the exact model but I think it was a Cold Torment one like this but for a lower level.

Last edited by K&AJones; 06-02-10 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-03-10, 06:26 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 920 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Took me about 8 hours - but I took my time, though I only did the first couple brain collections - didn't bother with more than a hundred.
that's great! your 8 hours is my 24 at least.

i found my combustible hellfire smg gets all the criticals and brain with almost every kill. i was using a corrosive smg with sight but noticed the corrosive damage was emitting all green zeros and the hellfire all orange hundreds with damage. i guess zombie flesh is combustible and not corrosive so much.
Old 06-03-10, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
that's great! your 8 hours is my 24 at least.

i found my combustible hellfire smg gets all the criticals and brain with almost every kill. i was using a corrosive smg with sight but noticed the corrosive damage was emitting all green zeros and the hellfire all orange hundreds with damage. i guess zombie flesh is combustible and not corrosive so much.
a hellfire will treat you well all game. with all the weapons i have, its the only one that i consistently use on all my characters
Old 06-03-10, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yea...the only way to go with zombies is FIRE period. Acid is useless,shock is so-so as is explosive. While the Hellfire SMG is a must to own those Firehawk Repeaters are not shabby especially with the Hunter's Gunslinger mod with increased pistol firerate. Even one of the other characters that has a Weapon Damage mod is pretty good. When you get the Hunter's Gunslinger maxed at 95% firerate along with ammo regen....he's just insane.
Old 06-04-10, 04:32 PM

i think i will do the 2 dlc's i have and see what is what. then take a break (go back to Dead Space) and look forward to starting all over with another character.

i know the missions will be the same, but does the game feel different playing with each unique character?

also, with the Soldier's turret or the other character's active ability, if i don't plan to play MP do i really need to use skill points on upgrades like "players near the turrent will regen health or respawn"? i've never really used the turret even. stuff that seems only geared to MP...

Last edited by OldBoy; 06-04-10 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-04-10, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The turret regen affects everyone, including you.
Old 06-06-10, 05:19 PM

why is it in the Zombie DLC, even when you complete a mission, you start from the beginning of level and not the last 'turn in' point when you exit? very annoying...
Old 06-06-10, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Because Zombie Island (like all the DLC) only has one "Fast Travel" station. Therefore, that's where your session spawns.
Old 06-06-10, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

If you think the Zombie DLC is bad with travel, wait until you play the Knoxx add on. It was my only major complaint.
Old 06-08-10, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by mndtrp
If you think the Zombie DLC is bad with travel, wait until you play the Knoxx add on. It was my only major complaint.
that doesn't quite thrill me.
Old 06-08-10, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mndtrp
And quite frankly the only thing keeping me from finishing it right now.
Old 06-08-10, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

IZombie Island is a bit long on single player for that simple reason...no fast travel. But with a group you can pretty much run thru it in one night and be done with it especially with someone who is leveled up.
Old 06-08-10, 06:34 PM

IZombie Island is a bit long on single player for that simple reason...no fast travel. But with a group you can pretty much run thru it in one night and be done with it especially with someone who is leveled up.
don't really want to be "done with it". like to explore and take my time to enjoy every nook and cranny. that is usually the point with most games i play. no doubt it is fun with a group plowing through levels, but i would feel more sense of accomplishment doing it all on my own. if i get truly stuck...then maybe get some help.
Old 06-08-10, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by scott1598
don't really want to be "done with it". like to explore and take my time to enjoy every nook and cranny. that is usually the point with most games i play. no doubt it is fun with a group plowing through levels, but i would feel more sense of accomplishment doing it all on my own. if i get truly stuck...then maybe get some help.

Don't get me wrong...the first time going thru is actually pretty fun and a bit of "edge-on-the-seat" feeling. The exploring part is ok but with Zombieland the trick is you have to watch your back, your front, your sides almost constantly. Not like in other levels where you kill everything and can just walk around...there's always surprises all over.
Old 06-09-10, 09:56 AM

Don't get me wrong...the first time going thru is actually pretty fun and a bit of "edge-on-the-seat" feeling. The exploring part is ok but with Zombieland the trick is you have to watch your back, your front, your sides almost constantly. Not like in other levels where you kill everything and can just walk around...there's always surprises all over.
yeah, i have seen those. Tankensteins and sucide zombies throwing barrels and coming at me when i never even saw them coming. love that aspect and makes it easier getting my 250 Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains!!
Old 06-10-10, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've been farming Craw with two people on playthrough 2 and have yet to see anything great for my Hunter or Siren. I would say I've killed him about 20 times so far. Should I be farming him with 4 people?
Old 06-10-10, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I've been farming Craw with two people on playthrough 2 and have yet to see anything great for my Hunter or Siren. I would say I've killed him about 20 times so far. Should I be farming him with 4 people?
i've got plenty of great stuff from him with two people, but i guess its what you want more than anything. i've gotten pearls to drop 2 player. sometimes it helps to put a +2 find rare item mod on for the last shot, but i don't know it makes much of a difference. i do it if i remember, but am never too sad that i don't.

what are you looking for?
Old 06-10-10, 11:56 AM

Last night I was playing online at Moxxi's Underdome, when a guy joined, he was level 70, he had powerful enough weapons to literally rip NPCs in HALF (with an animation I never seen before, all was left after the blast was the body from the waist down), and I was like "WTF?"
It's on the PS3, so I tought, how anybody possibly make mods on it? The level cap is 61, so I was left wondering.
Old 06-10-10, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Developer teasing new DLC before an E3 announcement?
Old 06-10-10, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by I.Flores
Last night I was playing online at Moxxi's Underdome, when a guy joined, he was level 70, he had powerful enough weapons to literally rip NPCs in HALF (with an animation I never seen before, all was left after the blast was the body from the waist down), and I was like "WTF?"
It's on the PS3, so I tought, how anybody possibly make mods on it? The level cap is 61, so I was left wondering.
modders can actually mod their level to lvl 70, at least from what i understand. someone that is on my friends list did it and thats what they said.
Old 06-10-10, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by vballboy51
i've got plenty of great stuff from him with two people, but i guess its what you want more than anything. i've gotten pearls to drop 2 player. sometimes it helps to put a +2 find rare item mod on for the last shot, but i don't know it makes much of a difference. i do it if i remember, but am never too sad that i don't.

what are you looking for?
I've been using the +2 find rare on my siren for the last hit. I've just been expecting weapons that are dramatically better than the items I've found before farming Craw. I still have yet to see a Specter Mod drop and I've gone through Knoxx playthrough 1 and 2.

So far Craw has dropped a pearlescent assault rifle and a tsunami.
They didn't seem too great.

I used to play WoW so I may just be expecting too much from the Craw drops.
Old 06-10-10, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I've been using the +2 find rare on my siren for the last hit. I've just been expecting weapons that are dramatically better than the items I've found before farming Craw. I still have yet to see a Specter Mod drop and I've gone through Knoxx playthrough 1 and 2.

So far Craw has dropped a pearlescent assault rifle and a tsunami.
They didn't seem too great.

I used to play WoW so I may just be expecting too much from the Craw drops.
yea, its not always great. if you want a spectre mod, or anything else, let me know. look for me online and i'll hook you up

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.