Search this Thread

Old 12-01-09, 06:42 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed 2 • You'll want to be an Assassin again

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Probably more fucking tombs

Pass.
Given the names, probably not tombs, at least not predominantly.
Old 12-02-09, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Assassin's Creed 2 • You'll want to be an Assassin again

Finished all the tombs. God I hated the last one, I spent around an hour in the last part. Where you have to jump using walls, instead of jumping to one of the sides I was jumping backwards...

I had to check some videos in youtube and read some forums and was able to find that basically I was jumping the wrong way After that I was able to do it in my second try.
Old 12-02-09, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Assassin's Creed 2 • Dovrai essere un assassino di nuovo

Pensavo che l'ultimo è stato uno dei migliori, una volta colpito il passo giusto volare attraverso la tomba sentito awesome...imo.
Old 12-02-09, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 404 Likes on 304 Posts

Do we have you to thank for the title change?
Old 12-02-09, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

si.
Old 12-04-09, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Just started it last night. While I was a bit baffled at all of the pre-title material, I have to admit I already like it more than the first one. It's easing into the assassin story as opposed to coming up with some BS reason to have to learn. I think the biggest improvement I see so far is with character development. I never really cared for Desmond and had no interest in Altair as a character other than I was controlling him. This time they have actually given Desmond a purpose and Enzio has waaayyy more personality than Altair. The only gripe I have, and it is minor, is that this series(or at least this game) seems to be borrowing a lot from the movie Wanted.
Old 12-04-09, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Giant Squid Easter Egg apparently with a shitload of swearing:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJZI-54QmRc&ap=%2526fmt%3D22"></param><param name="wmode" value="window"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJZI-54QmRc&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Last edited by Liver&Onions; 12-04-09 at 04:19 PM. Reason: added profanity notice
Old 12-04-09, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's pretty cool. Could've done without the profanity.
Old 12-04-09, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
That's pretty cool. Could've done without the profanity.
Oops, sorry. Had no idea there was profanity. I didn't make it and I don't have audio at work. I can add a NSFW tag if anyone thinks it needs one.
Old 12-04-09, 04:12 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's it? You can't interact with it in any way?
Old 12-04-09, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Oops, sorry. Had no idea there was profanity. I didn't make it and I don't have audio at work. I can add a NSFW tag if anyone thinks it needs one.
That's ok. I added a warning for you.
Old 12-04-09, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got my first platinum with this game tonight! Just gonna finish getting some treasure chests and couple of minor side missions and I'll have nothing left to do until DLC. Awesome game...
Old 12-04-09, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally finished the game, I was getting desperate. Not Uncharted 2 desperate to finish but just a little bit.

So I really didn't understand what happened after:

Spoiler:

Enzio killed Rodrigo Borgia and he was like talking with an alien. Maybe it was the sound in my tv, I was playing in the bedroom, but I barely could understand her.

Edited to add it took me 27 hours to finish the main story. I still need to get some easy achievements and then all the feathers.

Last edited by Raul3; 12-04-09 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-04-09, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And oh yeah, maybe you talked about that before. Let me check the spoilers comments in the previous pages.
Old 12-04-09, 09:58 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm 47% in and have played 17 hours already this game is so addicting.
Old 12-05-09, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:

About the ending, I just checked wikipedia and it's more or less what I understood, a little bit more clearer though.

I can't wait to see what they are going to do for the third and final part. I hope for some closure.
Old 12-05-09, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
Spoiler:

About the ending, I just checked wikipedia and it's more or less what I understood, a little bit more clearer though.

I can't wait to see what they are going to do for the third and final part. I hope for some closure.
Spoiler:

I got the impression that the storyline is tied to the Mayan 2012 theory. Which sorta makes sense, we should have a third game by then.

I finished it and I don't know what to think of the ending. I didn't know what to think of the first one's ending.. so it only makes sense they do something totally out of the ball park.
Old 12-05-09, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, I've done everything possible and I'm at 97.6%. I guess I can only get 100% if I have the exclusive areas from the Gamestop pre-orders and such? That sucks...
Old 12-05-09, 04:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Well, I've done everything possible and I'm at 97.6%. I guess I can only get 100% if I have the exclusive areas from the Gamestop pre-orders and such? That sucks...
No, you can get 100% just with what comes out of the box. Are you sure you're not missing some feathers, or a painting, or a weapon?
Old 12-05-09, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

finally beat the game the other day. im at 91% for the trophies. I still gotta get alot of feathers, the glyphs and the 'sweeper' and 'sand' trophy. oh yea, and i gotta restart the game to do the flying part over to get that one trophy. very good game though. is there a way to see how many hours it took to beat the game?
Old 12-05-09, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JasonF
No, you can get 100% just with what comes out of the box. Are you sure you're not missing some feathers, or a painting, or a weapon?
Well, I'm raking in 100% in my hometown, but if you go into the Options menu and go to Stats, it's showing that i'm at 97.6% synched. I've completed everything, but my DNA strand is showing three secret areas unexplored. I googled it an apparently it's because certain areas are only available using pre-order codes.
Old 12-05-09, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Drav3n
finally beat the game the other day. im at 91% for the trophies. I still gotta get alot of feathers, the glyphs and the 'sweeper' and 'sand' trophy. oh yea, and i gotta restart the game to do the flying part over to get that one trophy. very good game though. is there a way to see how many hours it took to beat the game?
Go into options, then stats. It'll show you how much time you've invested. I'm completed everything available and I'm at almost 40 hours.
Old 12-05-09, 10:36 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Well, I'm raking in 100% in my hometown, but if you go into the Options menu and go to Stats, it's showing that i'm at 97.6% synched. I've completed everything, but my DNA strand is showing three secret areas unexplored. I googled it an apparently it's because certain areas are only available using pre-order codes.
Oh ... I was completely wrong then. I had no idea that % synched thing was even there.

Did you get the free tomb you can get if you register with Ubisoft and rack up enough Ubi points (which you will automatically do as you play through the game)?
Old 12-05-09, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh ... I was completely wrong then. I had no idea that % synched thing was even there.

Did you get the free tomb you can get if you register with Ubisoft and rack up enough Ubi points (which you will automatically do as you play through the game)?
This

If you are on ps3 then at the title screen hit triangle to get to U-play where you can register with ubisoft and earn points with their little "internal' trophy system, you can buy 4 things with it.. The auditore family crypt, extra throwing knives, U-play exclusive AC 2 theme, and Altaiar skin for in game.

Just finished, it was crazy fun. Took me longer than any game I've played in the last at least 5 years. By the way for anyone wondering, they have announced their first DLC for it, it is 1.2 gigs so it seems like a whole new campaign, it's called

Spoiler:
The first DLC pack is named “Battle Of Forli”. Although Ubisoft have not further revealed the details of the packs, the DLC may refer back to the disagreement that followed the death of Lord Pino III in 1480.

The second DLC pack is called “The Bonfire of the Vanities”. The title is a reference to a historical event, which took place in 1497, in Florence, Italy, where the burning of thousands of objects which indulged one in sinning took place, including art and books which was carried out by the supporters of the Dominican Priest Girolamo Savonarola.

The first DLC pack will be released in January, accompanied by the second in February.

The DLC packs will weigh in for a total size of 1 GB each. Due to the enormity of the DLC, it leads us to speculate weather the DLC might be new level content.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009...d-2-dlc-packs/

spoilorized it since it is mentioned in the last part of the game, don't want to ruin it for anyone.

Last edited by glassdragon; 12-05-09 at 11:26 PM.
Old 12-06-09, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yup, I got all that as well.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.