Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assassin's Creed 2 • Dovrai essere un assassino di nuovo

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-10, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Assassin's Creed 2 • Dovrai essere un assassino di nuovo

A lot of people had problems with that spoilered part, including me. I checked a few videos in youtube and still had trouble trying to do that.

And oh yeah, this was my first game with 100%.
Old 01-01-11, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Assassin's Creed 2 • You'll want to be an Assassin again

Originally Posted by foxdvd
if this was already posted I am sorry...but in case you don't know, be sure to link your game with ubisoft....there is an option in the game to access uplay...and you get some stuff for doing so like a free theme but best of all you can get a new tomb that is fun to play...sort of like the tombs already in the game...
IM playing the game and reading back as I always do and was wondering what this was and how the hell I use it. I saw it pop up in the uncles town, where my home base is and Im rebuilding the city. How do I do this? I remember doing something similiar with prince of persia in order to get the altair outfit and other costumes

Im loving the game but where the hell is the NORTH marker on the map! Not only that, my stupid symbol on the full map is not an arrow so I cant tell which way im facing. Thats screwing the game up for me
Old 01-01-11, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by glassdragon
This

If you are on ps3 then at the title screen hit triangle to get to U-play where you can register with ubisoft and earn points with their little "internal' trophy system, you can buy 4 things with it.. The auditore family crypt, extra throwing knives, U-play exclusive AC 2 theme, and Altaiar skin for in game.

Just finished, it was crazy fun. Took me longer than any game I've played in the last at least 5 years. By the way for anyone wondering, they have announced their first DLC for it, it is 1.2 gigs so it seems like a whole new campaign, it's called

Spoiler:
The first DLC pack is named “Battle Of Forli”. Although Ubisoft have not further revealed the details of the packs, the DLC may refer back to the disagreement that followed the death of Lord Pino III in 1480.

The second DLC pack is called “The Bonfire of the Vanities”. The title is a reference to a historical event, which took place in 1497, in Florence, Italy, where the burning of thousands of objects which indulged one in sinning took place, including art and books which was carried out by the supporters of the Dominican Priest Girolamo Savonarola.

The first DLC pack will be released in January, accompanied by the second in February.

The DLC packs will weigh in for a total size of 1 GB each. Due to the enormity of the DLC, it leads us to speculate weather the DLC might be new level content.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009...d-2-dlc-packs/

spoilorized it since it is mentioned in the last part of the game, don't want to ruin it for anyone.
Ahhh so thats how you do it. D'oh! But how do you earn those points? Hmmmm, and I thought the theme was free, I see itll cost me 10
Old 02-04-11, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I finished this game this morning and thought it was great. However, this game has flaws like the simple combat system makes it too easy and the bosses fights repetitive but the scope of the game and the tasks made it enjoyable. For example I found it irritating especially
Spoiler:
when you become Altair and you climb to the tower and can't get to that ledge no matter what you do.
That took me a long time to get it just right. You need to be line up perfectly under the ledge.

It took me a little while to get used to the control but once I got it, it made everything so much easier.

I just need to clean up 4 trophies to get 100%. The most annoying one and the one that I'm stuck on is the "Racing against the Thief" trophy. I'm doing it in Venice and I can't get past the 16th post out 22.
Do the race in Florence, it's much easier.
Old 02-05-11, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Fandango
Do the race in Florence, it's much easier.
Thanks. It took me a while but I finally was able to win the race in Venice. I just need to collect all of the feathers, solve the riddles and wear the cape in order to get 100% in this game.
Old 02-12-11, 12:29 PM

Beat the game last week and I LOVED the ride. I platinum ed this bitch on the first go and though it took a long as time, given the game takes place over 10 years, if felt right. After playing I got to thinking and remembered something I thought I heard, and it turns out I was right, I dont think its been discussed but Showtime is going to have a new show called " The Borgias" and Jeremy Irons is playing Rodrigo Borgia! Fucking awesome

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1582457/
Old 11-05-12, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I gave up on AC1 and started playing for about an hour. Huge improvements already with making outside the Animus more interesting. Also that chick Lucy sounds and looks like Kristen Bell. They should get her to play Lucy in the movie version.
Old 11-05-12, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

That would be because it is Kristen Bell's voice.
Old 11-06-12, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 06-22-14, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm loving this game. But damn is it one long ass motherfucker of a game! I just finished the sequence with the big party with the Masks. I think I'm almost done. So much better than the 1st.
Old 06-22-14, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think 2 was the best in the series.
Old 06-22-14, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Way to be on the bleeding edge...
Old 06-22-14, 10:00 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by edstein
I agree..though Black Flag was close...in fact if they could just throw away 1 and 3 and turn Brotherhood and Revelations into one game, cutting about half the crap from both games you would have one of the greatest trilogies of all time. (I still love all the games....except 3...that was shit)
Old 06-23-14, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by edstein
Easily. With Black Flag coming in a distant second and Revelations in third.
Old 07-20-14, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just finished this game earlier today.

18 HRS 28 MIN. logged

This game was a mixed bag for me. Although I had a lot of fun there are some serious flaws I hope got addressed for later entries.

Fast Travel; This was really annoying having to travel long distances to reach FT station instead of just letting me pull up a map to FT.

Guards on the Roof- My favorite part was the parkouring. To be interrupted by guards every other rooftop killed the flow of jumping rooftop to rooftop.

Annoying/ Boring side missions and collectibles- I tried out some of the side stuff once or twice but mainly stuck to the Main Missions. They was plenty to do but all came off as gimmicky. And when they forced me at the end to do a bullshit collectathon in order to advance the main story I almost rage quit

The stuff I liked;

Story- A big improvement from the original. I loved Enzio and his story. They should've included more Davinci stuff. He was great as well.

Graphics- For an early 360 title the graphics still are good to look at and hold up well.

Mission Variety- This was the best improvement from the 1st title. So much more than just go here and assassinate target.

If I had to rate this I'd give it a B+
Old 07-22-14, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You should give Ubisoft your timely feedback, I am sure they'll take it into consideration for the next game.
Old 07-22-14, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

I can tell you that the annoying guards on the roof thing doesn't improve in Black Flag at least.
Old 07-22-14, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts

I love Black Flag but, yeah, the rooftop guards are annoying. The running assassinations were a nice addition in BF but I feel they should change it so that if you kill (or even shove them aside) mid-parkour that it doesn't stop the flow of movement.

Also, the series still has those awkward moments when the character insists on running horizontally or vertically but is incapable of diagonal movement. Hopefully Unity fixes that.