Print Wikipost

The Video Game Deals Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-12, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Disney Universe $7.99 new at Best Buy, all 3 consoles (links: 360, PS3, Wii).
Thanks, been looking for something new to play with the kids. Still waiting on an amazing price for LHP5-7.

I think it's funny the BB page has a trade-in price of almost double their sale price. Can't blame people for exploiting the system if they make it that easy.
Old 04-29-12, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
I ended up passing on the Target trade-in deal. Not my choice really, but with the late notice and working 15 hour shifts and my old game cases being in storage, there was no logistical way to get to a Target in time. I briefly considered calling in sick to be able to do this, but then remembered that I'm a grown up.

Hopefully they'll bring the deal back someday. I'd love to be able to get rid of all my now worthless old games.
Here's my story about that Target deal yesterday:
I took my son to Target after gymnastics class on Saturday around 10. I brought in my used games. The store was long-open, but the mobile kiosk was not open until noon. I left.
I went to another Target around 3 before rounding at a local hospital. I went into the Target next to the hospital. The electronics guy said that the Mobile kiosk guy went to pick up the girl who would be taking over the shift and would be back in under 10 minutes. I said I'd wait. after 20-25 minutes, he hadn't shown up. I left and went to the hospital to round. An hour later, I came back to the store. The electronics guy said the girl who was now working had just left, maybe for the bathroom. I hung around. He tried to call her on a walkie-talkie, but sure enough, she had left it at the kiosk. He went to look for her but couldn't find her. I waited another 20 minutes, but she never showed up.
I had to round at another hospital as well. There's another Target there. I drove to it and walked over to the mobile kiosk with my old games. The electronics guy said he thought this Target Mobile employee was on his lunch break.

Some things are just not meant to be. I'd already put way too much effort into saving $20 and finally gave up. Seriously, does anyone in the world have a lower-pressure job than a Target Mobile employee?
The silver lining? I would have probably bought Disney Universe for $10 with the coupon had I been able to get one.
Old 04-29-12, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Target Mobile Employees are actually radio shack Employees! I guess that would make sense. TGT management wouldn't put up with that!
Old 04-29-12, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Here's my story about that Target deal yesterday:
I took my son to Target after gymnastics class on Saturday around 10. I brought in my used games. The store was long-open, but the mobile kiosk was not open until noon. I left.
I went to another Target around 3 before rounding at a local hospital. I went into the Target next to the hospital. The electronics guy said that the Mobile kiosk guy went to pick up the girl who would be taking over the shift and would be back in under 10 minutes. I said I'd wait. after 20-25 minutes, he hadn't shown up. I left and went to the hospital to round. An hour later, I came back to the store. The electronics guy said the girl who was now working had just left, maybe for the bathroom. I hung around. He tried to call her on a walkie-talkie, but sure enough, she had left it at the kiosk. He went to look for her but couldn't find her. I waited another 20 minutes, but she never showed up.
I had to round at another hospital as well. There's another Target there. I drove to it and walked over to the mobile kiosk with my old games. The electronics guy said he thought this Target Mobile employee was on his lunch break.

Some things are just not meant to be. I'd already put way too much effort into saving $20 and finally gave up. Seriously, does anyone in the world have a lower-pressure job than a Target Mobile employee?
The silver lining? I would have probably bought Disney Universe for $10 with the coupon had I been able to get one.
What does it mean to "round at a hospital'? I'm not sure what is going on there. Anyways, it sucks that you just got the run around on this.
Old 04-29-12, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
Target Mobile Employees are actually radio shack Employees! I guess that would make sense. TGT management wouldn't put up with that!
So Radio Shack basically exiles their worst employees to Target? These are probably the same kids that always ask the teacher if they can go somewhere to take care of something because they "can't" do it during their break time between classes.
Old 04-29-12, 11:50 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
What does it mean to "round at a hospital'? I'm not sure what is going on there. Anyways, it sucks that you just got the run around on this.
He's an approximating accountant doing their taxes.
Old 04-29-12, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
"Going on rounds" or "Rounding" means seeing patients at a hospital. I don't have office hours on the weekend, but I basically work seven days a week, at least to some degree. Babies lack the common courtesy to only be born on weekdays.
Old 04-29-12, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"Going on rounds" or "Rounding" means seeing patients at a hospital. I don't have office hours on the weekend, but I basically work seven days a week, at least to some degree. Babies lack the common courtesy to only be born on weekdays.
Sweet! I thought that you might work at hospitals but I wasn't sure so I thought I would ask. Can I call you a Rounder?
Old 04-29-12, 12:28 PM

So I guess my plan to call you when I need the deck put on my townhouse isn't going to work.
Old 04-29-12, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Disney Universe $7.99 new at Best Buy, all 3 consoles (links: 360, PS3, Wii).

Was free shipping, but thanks to the twats who ordered large quantities for a turnaround profit that's only available on Wii now and probably won't last much longer there either, so store pickup it is.
Awesome. Thanks. My kid is not quite old enough to play solo, but a good cheap game for when he does.
Old 04-29-12, 01:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here's my story about that Target deal yesterday...
Meanwhile, a family arrives at the hospital and asks where the doc is. "Well, he just went to Target. Try the hospital across town." After arriving at the second hospital, the family finds out that the doc just went to Target again. After the third hospital said that the doc went to yet another Target, the baby boy asked, "How hard is it to get my penis sliced today? I need to get rid of this turtleneck now, so I won't remember it!"
Old 04-30-12, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Battlefield 3 is $19.99 today at BestBuy.com w/ free shipping.

Meanwhile, I still haven't opened my copy from Amazon that I got on release day
Old 04-30-12, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't forget on the BF3, that if you get the ps3 version you get a free copy of Battlefield 1943 for psn

https://1943redemption.battlefield.com/index.php#
Old 04-30-12, 09:25 AM

I grabbed Battlefield. Worth the try for that price. Never played one of those games before. Even if I don't like it, I should be able to recoup my $. Thanks
Old 04-30-12, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reminder Glassdragon. I forgot about this and I bought the game at launch.
Old 04-30-12, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry about not answering follow up questions after my initial post. I left town right after that and wasn't able to check DVDTalk.

I encountered some of the same issues as Decker. Funny though, the hospital I was working at last week has a Super Target a 100 yds away, so it was easy more me to shoot over there. My encounters included showing up at 12:30 and told mobile employee not in until 1:00. Went back at 4:00 and he was at lunch. Another day the printer was broken. Last day went at 1:15 (opened at 1:00) and found out mobile guy was late and wouldn't be in til 3:00. Went in at 4:45 and the guy was at lunch....again.

Ahhhh....to have the work schedule of a Target mobile employee.
Old 04-30-12, 12:16 PM

Target Mobile hates doctors!
Old 04-30-12, 12:44 PM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the tip on the Battlefield 3 deal at Bestbuy. I just got it. 19.99 is not too shabby.
Old 04-30-12, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Duke Nukem for PS3 2.99 with in store pickup only

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Duke+Nuk...ukem&lp=2&cp=1

360 is the same price but it is not available for shipping or store pickup.
Old 04-30-12, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 283 Likes on 181 Posts

2.99? Holy shit. so it's not even worth that price eh?
Old 04-30-12, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
It's not great, but it's not as bad as most say. I'd say if you haven't played it 3 bucks is a great price. It's worth at least that much
Old 04-30-12, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
I bought many, many copies at $5 each for flipping purposes and the thought of actually trying to play it never occurred to me. I think that if you were a big Duke fan, it might be worth a shot though.
Old 04-30-12, 05:38 PM

no ship and not available at my store for Duke. It was $5 when I got battlefield this morning.
Old 04-30-12, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
no ship and not available at my store for Duke. It was $5 when I got battlefield this morning.
It is marked $5 but rings up at $3.
Old 04-30-12, 08:40 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Duke Nukem for PS3 2.99 with in store pickup only

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Duke+Nuk...ukem&lp=2&cp=1

360 is the same price but it is not available for shipping or store pickup.
Still available at my location and I think I will still pass on the deal

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.