Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-10, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
Re: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

I finally finished this game last night. Great game but the controls left me frustrated more times than not. I know that's not the popular opinion but I can't tell you how many times I'd try to jump on a column or ledge or climb a wall and not quite hit the "exact" angle the game required in order to move...

By chapter 23 I was ready to just get the game over with --- I almost wish I could have just watched someone else play thru to the end. I'll just chalk that up to me not being very good at these types of games I guess.

That said, it was a fantastic game as a whole and I had to laugh at the ending dialogue between Elena and Nate when he described "Clowns" as a 10 on a scale of 1-10 scare factor... but the guardians were only 8's.
Old 02-05-10, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by ugabuga
Just hot Lvl 51 on coop... time to take a break. Not int in the current DLC but a new coop map is defin worth a purchase.
I'm only just at Lvl 21.
Old 02-11-10, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...-stores-today/
Old 02-11-10, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm at Ch.22...enjoying the game a lot. I did not like the level with the BIG gears...it was rather annoying. I like the "action" parts, but the jump from here to there and figure out things can get annoying at times.
Old 02-12-10, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Saw this over at Blu-ray.com:

Originally Posted by cheaitsjustin
New skins, maps, and TROPHIES coming February 25th!!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1069066p1.html

Maybe this is what IGN meant when they said a "very good game is getting trophies"?
I don't give a flyin' fornication about new character skins or new trophies. Bring on the maps!
Old 02-13-10, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-F1_x-Uae8

Old 02-15-10, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Update 1.05 is out. Info courtesy of Blu-ray.com:

Originally Posted by Shin-Ra
1.05 Changelog:
  • Weapon damage and attributes have been rebalanced
  • On-screen display of medals awarded during a match has been updated
  • Implemented detection and removal of flagrantly idle players from the active matchmaking player pool
  • Cash penalty for leaving matches has been adjusted and is now tiered by player level as follows:
    • Levels 1 – 20 = -10,000
    • Levels 21 – 40 = -20,000
    • Levels 41 – 60 = -40,000
  • Updated player networking protocols to remove all occurrences of “error syncing player data,” Level resets and Ranked playlist Skill Level resets
  • Added crawling ticker display of leaderboard statistics to the multiplayer menu screen
  • Updated multiplayer menu screen to include a “Trophy” selection to enable players to display and track progress on the new Trophies included in the Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack
  • Collision and geometry updates to various multiplayer maps
  • 13 new medals have been added
    • Defender - Kill a player that is actively shooting one of your teammates
    • Finish Him! - Get the last kill of the game
    • First! - Get the first kill of the game
    • Fly on the Wall - Kill a player who is climbing
    • No Cigar - Kill the treasure carrier while they are about to score the treasure
    • None Shall Pass - Get 5 Kills while in the hill during a King of the Hill game
    • Protectorate - Shoot and kill 5 enemies that were damaging the treasure carrier
    • Put’em Down - Kill someone in the knockdown state with a pistol weapon
    • Retaliation - Kill the last player that killed you
    • That Was Embarrassing - Earn a shutout in plunder
    • Tip Off - Be the first player to grab the treasure in a plunder match
    • Tricky - Kill a player with a pistol weapon while hanging
    • Unlucky - Die 5 times in a row without getting a kill
Old 02-15-10, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Implemented detection and removal of flagrantly idle players from the active matchmaking player pool
I like this one best
Old 02-15-10, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great campaign, finished it about two weeks ago. It is taking me FOREVER to rank up online though, up to 12. What's the fastest way to rank up?

Also, is the Drake's Fortune multiplayer pack what's coming to the store on the 25th?
Old 02-15-10, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pridesticks06
It is taking me FOREVER to rank up online though, up to 12. What's the fastest way to rank up?
special double cash weekends
or lots of free time

Also, is the Drake's Fortune multiplayer pack what's coming to the store on the 25th?
see RocShemp's link above (post #705)
Old 02-16-10, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by pridesticks06
Yup.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1069066p1.html
Old 02-16-10, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks guys. I took some advantage of the last double cash weekend, but don't really have that much free time dedicated solely to Uncharted 2. Too many other games to play!
Old 02-16-10, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finished the single player last night....great game...liked it a LOT. I did not like the final battle at all, but oh well...so be it.

I have yet to play multiplayer, but I might try soon....I want to play Bioshock 2 also though.
Old 02-17-10, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was just in a Plunder match and all but one of my teammates got kick from the game with about 12 minutes to spare. It was a nasty ass whupin'.
Old 02-17-10, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

From Blu-ray.com:

Originally Posted by Shin-Ra

Low-res wood closeup and inferior U2 explosions make Shin-Ra sad but the rest is pleasing. :giggle:
Old 03-13-10, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Uncharted 2's audio settings, etc (straight from ND's audio programmer): http://www.pregamelobby.com/forum/214689-post1.html

Glad to know I was right for picking Maximum.

I also set the center to Large but it seems it works differently than in the first game. In Drake's Fortune in-game dialogue from Nate only came from the center if you set it to large. Now it affects sound FX panning in Among Thieves.
Old 03-17-10, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Motion Comic Bundle, Rika and Pinkerton Skins Launch on April 1
Since the UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra motion comic series was released on the PlayStation Store late last year, we’ve gotten a ton of questions asking if the Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton multiplayer skins – which were made available in Europe as part of a bundle – would soon be available to our community in the US and other parts of North America.

We can let you know today that the answer is YES!

When the PlayStation Store updates on Thursday, April 1 (we’re not joking), the UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Bundle will be available for purchase for $2.49.

What if you have already purchased all or some of Eye of Indra Episodes 2, 3, and 4? Fear not, we have you covered.

Here’s what’s going to happen:

On Thursday, April 1, UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Episodes 2, 3, and 4 will be TEMPORARILY removed from the Store

ANYONE who purchased ALL THREE Episodes (#2, 3, and 4) prior to 12:01 AM, April 1, will receive an e-mail on April 8 containing a PSN voucher code good for the FREE download of the UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Bundle INCLUDING the Rika and Pinkerton multiplayer skins.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to receive the email with your voucher code, you MUST make sure that your PSN account has a valid and working email address associated with your PSN ID. You must also make sure that you have the option to receive marketing communications checked

If you want the Rika and Pinkerton skins and have NOT purchased all 3 individual episodes yet, you MUST do so before all the episodes are temporarily removed on April 1.

Starting April 1, the ONLY way to receive the Rika and Pinkerton skins is to purchase the UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Bundle. Buying individual episodes after this date will not make you eligible to receive the voucher code for the Bundle and skins.

The individual episodes will return to the Store on April 15 for $0.99 each.

We have one last bit of good news – the UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Bundle will also be released on April 1 in Canada and Mexico, via your local PlayStation Store.

We’re really excited to finally be able to share the Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton skins with our fans in North America. Many thanks are also in order to SCEA for putting in all the extra effort to make sure everyone who have already purchased all of the Eye of Indra episodes will receive the Rika and Pinkerton skins!

Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below and we’ll do our best to answer as many of them as we can with as little bold text as possible.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...ch-on-april-1/

Last edited by RocShemp; 03-17-10 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-02-10, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Watching those four issues really made me miss
Spoiler:
Eddie Raja
. I also hope
Spoiler:
Rika Raja
appears in Uncharted 3: Sully's Little Black Book (or whatever they end up calling it ).
Old 04-09-10, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet. April 22nd, Siege DLC pack coming. Includes new playmode, new maps, new skins, new trophies.

Siege cooperative game type
An arena co-op game type where two to three players defend a marked territory within a map against waves of NPC opponents. At the end of every round, the territory will change locations within the map and the NPC opponents will increase in difficultly. The only way you can score co-op points is to have all your players within the captured territory, all while being assaulted by NPC opponents.

2 maps
The Highrise
Towering over the streets of Nepal, The Highrise is a map with plenty of opportunities for players to get the high ground on their opponents. Set on a series of destroyed and under-construction buildings, players need to be on their toes as there are many different jump locations and paths around the map. Players should also watch out for the incoming airstrikes, as they can clear the rooftops in seconds.

The Museum
Set at dusk amongst the courtyards and display cases at the site of Drake and Flynn’s heist, The Museum provides players with a mix of intense gameplay covering traversing across rooftops, dodging gunfire through twisting corridors, and close quarters fighting. Players need to watch their backs as there are numerous flank routes in all parts of this circular map. Players should also learn the secret climbing routes that will allow them to get the drop on their opponents.

6 multiplayer skins

Wetsuit Drake
Baseball Shirt Drake
Prakoso
Platzor
Glowzor
Dead Explorer

11 Trophies

Bronze

You Can’t Break Me – Complete all 3 co-op objective maps on Crushing
Under Siege – Finish Wave 10 in 1 Siege game
Speedy – Get 10 First! Medals
I’ll Cover You – Get 50 Defender Medals
Fallen Angel – Get 50 Afterlife Medals
Not So Fast – Get 20 “Shut’em Down Medals
Jack of All Trades – Get 15 Triple Threat Medals
You Run, I’ll Shoot – Get 10 Protectorate Medals
Back At Ya – Get 50 Retaliation Medals
Kneel Before Z… – Get 5 Put-em Down Medals
Silver
Rock a Rhyme – Get 100 Tricky Medals
More info and pictures here: http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/...sion_pack_dlc/
Old 04-09-10, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the information. Really looking forward to the Siege Co-op. I always wondered why they didn't include that type of Co-op on the initial release.
Old 04-09-10, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sweet. I've been tiring of competitive matches but could really go for more co-op.
Old 04-24-10, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Since my 360 shit the bed this week I figured it was a good time to work on this game which I have played here and there for months and months.

I am pretty torn when it comes to playing/beating this game. I think it's a freaking amazing game but I can't play for long periods because I don't want it to be over. Every few weeks I'll pop it in and have a few amazing moments happen and then I put it down for another few weeks. Each time I play I am more and more amazed and impressed with this game.....but I still don't look forward to completing it.
Old 07-04-10, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bump to announce:

We're playing Uncharted 2 multiplayer in our Weekly Friday PS3 Rotation!

See link for details: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...ion-night.html

Please feel free to jump in the thread and provide input if you have some expertise in maps/modes/etc.
Old 07-22-10, 01:23 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed Uncharted 2 as I did the first game, but my only gripe is I wish there weren't 20+ online trophies considering it takes close to 20 minutes to connect online. I was waiting almost 10 minutes and the "connect" bar was just over halfway full.

I barely play online for any game as it is so I don't think I'll ever platinum this game.
Old 07-22-10, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JHBulls
I thoroughly enjoyed Uncharted 2 as I did the first game, but my only gripe is I wish there weren't 20+ online trophies considering it takes close to 20 minutes to connect online. I was waiting almost 10 minutes and the "connect" bar was just over halfway full.

I barely play online for any game as it is so I don't think I'll ever platinum this game.
You hardly have to play online at all to get the platinum...added trophies don't count toward it.

This is one of only 3-4 platinums I have, and I hardly ever play it online.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.