Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS3 Home Beta - now open

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-08, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I'm just hoping for the possibility of stocking my house with my own pool table and arcade games so I'll never have to leave home.
That's a good idea. You could invite some your online friends over and play pool against them. Too bad they can't set up a virtual lane in your home so that you could play against your friends without being bothered by dry humpers and billy badasses.
Old 12-13-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm just hoping for the possibility of stocking my house with my own pool table and arcade games so I'll never have to leave home.

You can already put arcade cabinets in your home. You have to create an account in Hong Kong though and download the Namco Home beta to do it. I already have Dig Dug and Galaga cabinets in my apartment and summer home along with some clothes. I just need to get better at Pacman and Xevious.
Old 12-14-08, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yep, got me my Pac Man, Dig Dug, Galaga, and Xevious cabinet and an all in one sit down table in my crib
Old 12-14-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need to brush up on a few of these games. The only one I have a 100% on is Pac-Man. I keep screwing up on Galaga by only getting 39/40 on the bonus round(I'm assuming this is the last achievement) and I have no idea what the achievements are on Dig Dug and Xevious. One thing I want to know is how you can get 10000 points in DD as I can never get much over 3000 during the 2 rounds.
Old 12-14-08, 09:05 AM

Something I just noticed while placing my Pac-Man arcade: My previously placed furniture has disappeared. I set up a few lamps and a few tables with lamps. While moving the arcade cabinet around I see table lamps sitting on the floor since the tables have vanished. Plus, I set up some of those little decorations and every single one of those is gone. Did Sony send a repo crew to take my stuff while I was sleeping? Will I have to pay a $1.00 fee per item to get them back?
Old 12-14-08, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pac-Man

1 Cherry - 1 gift in Home
1 Strawberry - 1 gift in Home
Beat first level - 1 gift in Home
Eat all 4 ghosts with one power pellet. - 1 gift in Home

Galaga

Beat Stage 1 - 1 gift in Home
Beat Stage 2 - 1 gift in Home
Get a Dual Fighter (let one of the yellow guys capture a ship then get it back by killing yellow guy) - 1 gift in Home
Get Your Ship Captured & Destroy It - 1 gift in Home

Dig-Dug

Beat first stage - 1 gift in Home
Get carrot in 1st stage - 1 gift in Home
Get turnip in second stage - 1 gift in Home
Kill 2 monsters with 1 rock - 1 gift in Home

Xevious

Complete first area
Complete second area
Find the Sol Tower using a bomb

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...in/Xev_3e1.jpg

Find the flag and retrieve it using a bomb.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Image:Xevious_FlagA.jpg

Male gifts from Namco beta
* Namco hat
* 5 t-shirts
* 1 pair of shorts

Female gifts from Namco beta
* 5 t-shirts
* 1 pair of shorts
* 1 pair of shoes

Home space decoration/furniture from Namco beta
* 4 arcade cabinet
* 1 pooka statue
* 1 Namco chair
* 1 four in one table top arcade cabinet (to get the 4-in-1 table game cabinet, you need to unlock all 4 available achievements for all 4 games to get to Level 3)

.... and yes I have had furniture disappear even before using the Namco beta
Old 12-14-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by musick
yep, got me my Pac Man, Dig Dug, Galaga, and Xevious cabinet and an all in one sit down table in my crib
Thanks for the heads up on this. It finally gave me a reason to mess with Home. I got everything except the flag and tower achievement in Xevious. I simply have no patience for this game and keep missing the spot to bomb or I get blown up trying to focus on the spot. Will try it later.

BTW, for people losing items when you go back make sure not to turn on lights. That is apparently the bug that causes items to vanish (if PSN forum is correct). They should all still be in your inventory to replace.

I can't believe the prices they are charging for crap in home. Glad I got in on the closed beta to get the stuff free. $.49 to $.99 for most of the items and $4.99 for the Summer House. BS pricing. They should give you all this stuff the way the Namco one works by rewarding you for achievements in games. Our trophies should tie right into items in Home.

I decorated my Summer House and turned the upper area into an arcade. Just need to unlock the last cabinet and the all in one sit down. I hope this demo hits for the US soon so we can actually play the arcade machines.
Old 12-14-08, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ you can play the arcade machines in North America HOME if you downloaded Namco via a Hong Kong account
Old 12-14-08, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ you can play the arcade machines in North America HOME if you downloaded Namco via a Hong Kong account
Ahh. No, I just used my Japanese account. I need to find a video on YouTube of someone getting the flag and tower in Xevious. I've tried this 50 times and looked at the photo, but I have yet to get either. It is almost impossible for me to dodge the enemies and hit those spots.
Old 12-14-08, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I found it funny that I can finish a game like MGS4 but suck at Space Invaders type games like Galaga and Xevious

the flag is at the first river passthough you get to and the tower is right before the tanks
just keep bombing in those areas and stay out of enemy fire
Old 12-14-08, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone post the door codes for the Uncharted area? I know the first number downstairs next to the bar is 1024 but I'm not sure want the second code is.
Old 12-14-08, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it may be a bit premature to proclaim the death of Home, but we shall see what developments are made.
Old 12-14-08, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Goldblum
I think it may be a bit premature to proclaim the death of Home
You think?
Old 12-14-08, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

by the way foolproof way to tell girls apart from guys posing as girls (if you wanted to)
check their trophy list
if it is above 0 it is a guy posing as a girl... if it is 0 in all likelihood it is a girl

Old 12-15-08, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So far all I've done is find a clump of people talking with each other, then start dancing in front of them. I don't think my interest in it will go much further than that.
Old 12-15-08, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, I have to admit I goofed around with this for an hour last night. I played Echochrome until I unlocked all the stuff there. The echochrome glasstop table is decent, but I liked the little Echochrome statue to put on the mantle. Ice Breaker kicked my ass though. I tried twice, but couldn't get past level 12. I would like the rest of the clothes and the statue, but doubt I will get to level 20.

This Animal Crossing stuff is interesting though. If I can do stuff and earn items I will come back and play this from time to time.

As far as Uncharted the codes are:

1024 first and then 1577 383 Unlocks Downstairs Door
41675 Unlocks Upstairs Left Door
24312 Unlocks Upstairs Right Door

If you want to grief people you can activate the doorpad and then start your character dancing. No one else can access it and you will drive everyone crazy that is waiting. Apparently this is what the PS3 IGN guys have been doing for fun.
Old 12-15-08, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
And it seems Home has been hacked big time already...
Old 12-15-08, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://community.eu.playstation.com/...d=35510#M72129

Demonstration:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/--KAq8V4phY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/--KAq8V4phY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 12-15-08, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

by the way foolproof way to tell girls apart from guys posing as girls (if you wanted to)
check their trophy list
if it is above 0 it is a guy posing as a girl... if it is 0 in all likelihood it is a girl

Posing as a girl? I like playing as a girl. My username is luke1014 so I'm not trying to fool anyone. And I have 0 trophies -- apparently there weren't any for Heavenly Sword and Uncharted when I played it.
Old 12-15-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
check their trophy list... if it is 0 in all likelihood it is a girl

Hater
Spoiler:
Sadly my trophy list IS 0... but that's because I never play games on the PS3
Old 12-15-08, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chuckd21
So far all I've done is find a clump of people talking with each other, then start dancing in front of them. I don't think my interest in it will go much further than that.
Sounds like an average Friday night for me.
Old 12-15-08, 11:51 PM

in regards to Dig Dug: I have yet to see a carrot or a turnip and I have played over 20 times. is there some trick getting them to show up? I never played this game as a kid as hard as that may be to believe.
Old 12-16-08, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

in regards to Dig Dug: I have yet to see a carrot or a turnip and I have played over 20 times. is there some trick getting them to show up? I never played this game as a kid as hard as that may be to believe.
wander around a bit and don't kill the baddies right away
they will appear in the middle of the screen where you start out at
Old 12-16-08, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by chuckd21

Exactly what I've been doing.
Old 12-16-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I deleted Home last night. After taking 5 attempts to log in to give it another shot, then sitting at a load screen for 10 minutes I decided that I really didn't need to bother with it ever again.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.