Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of duty WOW

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-08, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Decker
Has there ever been such a prominent, highly anticipated 360 or PS3 release with absolutely no reviews online or in print on the day of release? I thought SOCOM was conspicuous for the lack of early reviews, but this is even stranger.

I would only be worried if I didn't play the beta.
Old 11-11-08, 09:13 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well people on the Xbox forums are claiming to have beaten the single player in only 2-4 hour range. That kind of sucks I wanted a nice long story mode.
Old 11-11-08, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
Well people on the Xbox forums are claiming to have beaten the single player in only 2-4 hour range. That kind of sucks I wanted a nice long story mode.
Earliest I have read was 8 hours.

Doesn't bother me though...COD 4's SP was a nice app to the main dish that I still play today.
Old 11-11-08, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Has there ever been such a prominent, highly anticipated 360 or PS3 release with absolutely no reviews online or in print on the day of release? I thought SOCOM was conspicuous for the lack of early reviews, but this is even stranger.
Gamepro now has a review up, but yeah, it does seem weird that places like IGN and Gamespot and nearly all the big review sites still have nothing. This is surely a bigger release than Resistance 2 and it was given much more attention and early reviews, or at least reviews ready for release day.
Old 11-11-08, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So I went to BB, and got them to price match the free $15 GC from TRU, and I got the free Bonus DVD Enemy at the gates from BB... not a bad deal i guess
Old 11-11-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mok
Is that on the Veteran level? COD2 on veteran was frustrating as hell all teh way through, COD3 was easy and COD4 was fine until the underground levels came into play (and of course the Mile High Club).
Old 11-11-08, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 331 Posts
Originally Posted by REL77
So I went to BB, and got them to price match the free $15 GC from TRU, and I got the free Bonus DVD Enemy at the gates from BB... not a bad deal i guess

Pretty impressive. Best Buy rarely matches gift card deals.
Old 11-11-08, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 471 Likes on 326 Posts
Originally Posted by Mok
That's weird - everything I've read says that the single-player campaign in this one is the longest of all CoDs.
Old 11-11-08, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
In Texas, they always do.

It is funny that the only time I ever got denied for any kind of pm at BB was in Cali.
Old 11-11-08, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by matome
(and of course the Mile High Club).
It took me at least 100 tries to get that achievement. I NEVER want to play that level again!
Old 11-11-08, 03:19 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/927/927055p1.html

9.2 from IGN.
Old 11-11-08, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 851 Likes on 614 Posts
Picked it up today and will be interested to see how the co-op works.
Old 11-11-08, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by nickdawgy
It's actually stated pretty clearly in their pricematch policy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....60&id=cat12098

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

edit: sorry, copied and pasted the wrong section. I guess it's up to them whether to give you a gift card or take the value of the card off of the price, my mistake.

Last edited by fujishig; 11-11-08 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-11-08, 04:05 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice, didn't realize they were supposed to take the value right off instead of giving a GC of their own. I have $40 in RZ certificates to use, so this is a no brainer for me...assuming my BB knows their own PM'ing policy.
Old 11-11-08, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Played for the last two hours.

COD 4 was the GOAT of all-time for me...but because I love the WWII era so much, I enjoy this more. Just two unbelievable games. Amazing!
Old 11-11-08, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Gooter
It took me at least 100 tries to get that achievement. I NEVER want to play that level again!
SERIOUSLY. Just HEARING about it again makes me ill. Hardest level I've ever played on any game ever (but glad to have beaten it). Weapons free...

COD5 is awesome so far--the levels all free pretty epic, and I love the way the bad guys (Japan) just pop up out of nowhere sometimes ("AMBUSH!") and charge at you w/bayonets. Great surround sound, no long cut scenes (so far), and was that Jack Bauer I heard??
Old 11-11-08, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
It's actually stated pretty clearly in their pricematch policy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....60&id=cat12098

edit: sorry, copied and pasted the wrong section. I guess it's up to them whether to give you a gift card or take the value of the card off of the price, my mistake.
To me, an instant gift card is what CC or maybe Microcenter used to do -- charge you $49 for a $59 game but say they gave you an "instant" gift card of $10 that you can use at the point of sale.

The BB's by me all state that they don't match promotional offers.

If I am misunderstanding the above, then I want to bring it to their attention and get my $15 GC dammit!
Old 11-11-08, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by uteotw
and was that Jack Bauer I heard??
Yeah I read in a review today that Sutherland did voicing for the game
Old 11-11-08, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 331 Posts
Originally Posted by rocketsauce
Yeah I read in a review today that Sutherland did voicing for the game
Gary Oldman, too.
Old 11-11-08, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

you are correct
Old 11-11-08, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 471 Likes on 326 Posts
Goddammit.... GODDAMMIT!!

I get home with my copy that I bought this morning at BB, and not only is the disc off it's hub, but it's scratched to shit and won't play (I get an error message).

I take it back to BB and they're fucking sold out. And to piss me off further, they say that they can only give me a replacement raincheck instead of a refund - but I was so pissed and gave them shit about it being their fault they're sold out, that they ended up giving me a refund anyway. I was so pissed (I'm still fuming) that I didn't bother stopping at another store to pick it up. Maybe tomorrow...
Old 11-11-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,683 Posts
To me, an instant gift card is what CC or maybe Microcenter used to do -- charge you $49 for a $59 game but say they gave you an "instant" gift card of $10 that you can use at the point of sale.

The BB's by me all state that they don't match promotional offers.

If I am misunderstanding the above, then I want to bring it to their attention and get my $15 GC dammit!
I just got back from BB, and had to fight tooth and nail to get my giftcard. I'm pretty sure most people would interpret the "instant gift card" line above as getting a gift card at the time of purchase. However, the Best Buy people stated that they had been told specifically not to pricematch gift card deals (also, the TRU ad states the 13th as the day they'll get it in). I wonder if it's the CC bankruptcy that's caused this, as in the last few weeks CC has been giving out a ton of gift cards as incentives to buy games there.
Old 11-12-08, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, i was shocked i got mine so easily. I just showed the dude the ad, and he was like cool, charged me $45 for the game, and $15 for the GC, and then used the GC to buy Hellboy 2 and Clone Wars on BRD...
Old 11-12-08, 08:36 AM

anyone with the pc version having video issues??
Old 11-12-08, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, worse achievement ever for me (and 20 measly points as well). I literally killed two controllers by throwing them in frustration to get that one.

Anyway, got my COD5 yesterday from amazon and played through the first couple of levels on solo, jumping right into Veteran difficulty. So far I'm enjoying it and it seems a bit easier than COD2. Gotta get used to the low-tech weapons after running around in COD4 MP all year, but it's coming back. God I love the banzai attacks and the bayonet! I had to sneak into a jap MG bunker and I rammed it right into the back of the guy while he was shooting the MG out. Nice sound effect! My grenades seem to be as useless as usual on veteran just as the previous versions, though the enemies' seem to be laser-guided precision . Looking forward to getting deeper into the game and eventually move into MP.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.