Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band (Platform): Official Thread of Can't Stop Playing!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band (Platform): Official Thread of Can't Stop Playing!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-08, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redbill
I have no problem excusing them for that, for all they provide. A little CTRL-F never hurt anyone...
Not saying that it's a horrible site, I just don't care for it. Besides not being able to search by band/song, they also are using the old 1-9 tiering system instead of the 0-6. I (and most others) have moved on to RB2 and therefore the old tiering system is outdated for us.

If I was looking for a one-stop place to get all the DLC videos and tiering, rockbandcontent wouldn't be my first choice. Besides the DLC post I have here (which admittedly could be better), there's also rockgamer.com, which does have searching by artist/song, it also has sorting by artist/song/tier/release date, etc. Coupled with the fact that the overall format is a lot easier to deal with, and you've got a winner.
Old 09-30-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, i dont know what happened to Npeaen today, but he got a REALLY late start on his vids today (just started within in the last hour or so)... Only going to get 5 songs this week
Old 09-30-08, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't think this has been mentioned before, forgive me if it has.

Standalone Rock Band AC/DC Track Pack Announced
AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack includes eighteen tracks from AC/DC's live concert tour album, is compatible with all Rock Band instruments and can be imported in to the two core titles. However, it'll set you back $40, even if you're only purchasing to merge.
“When MTV first launched in 1981, we promised that people would ‘never look at music the same way again’ and, with Rock Band, we continue to fulfill this commitment," stated Paul DeGooyer, MTV’s Senior Vice President of Electronic Games & Music. “We're excited to be part of AC/DC’s and Columbia's global plan for the release of their new album, DVD and now, videogame. Being the first to present these revered songs in interactive form, exclusively on the Rock Band platform is a true honor. For those about to rock with the AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack, we salute you!"

"AC/DC fans can now experience performing live, on stage with the band," said Columbia Records co-Chairman Steve Barnett. "An unforgettable concert is now an ultimate at-home entertainment experience with the AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack."

All tracks from the AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack will also be available for play in Rock Band and Rock Band 2 by entering a special export authentication code for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system versions. As previously announced, AC/DC’s anthem “Let There Be Rock” is featured in Rock Band 2 – the first time the group has been included in a music-based video game. In addition, look for the epic Rock Band 2 TV commercial featuring the studio version of AC/DC’s rock anthem “Let There Be Rock” that premiered during the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards.

AC/DC LIVE: Rock Band Track Pack will feature the master recordings from the best of the band's live performances. The live recording was specially remixed for Rock Band by Mike Fraser. The game features 18 tracks, with more than 99 minutes of game play for each instrument:

"Thunderstruck"
"Shoot to Thrill"
"Back in Black"
"Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be"
"Heatseeker"
"Fire Your Guns"
"Jailbreak"
"The Jack"
"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"
"Moneytalks"
"Hells Bells"
"High Voltage"
"Whole Lotta Rosie"
"You Shook Me All Night Long"
"T.N.T."
"Let There Be Rock”
"Highway To Hell”
"For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)”
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/41...Pack-Announced
Old 09-30-08, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Someone hasn't ventured into the thread all morning.

Originally Posted by UncleGramps

It does sound funny at first, but I'm sure lots of people have an Internet connection at their PC but have no interest in running Ethernet cable or buying a wireless adapter in order to go online with their console.
Oh, I got it. It was more of a semantics thing. The way it reads is funny.
Old 09-30-08, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by REL77
Yeah, i dont know what happened to Npeaen today, but he got a REALLY late start on his vids today (just started within in the last hour or so)... Only going to get 5 songs this week
There was an issue with the downloading this morning. Maybe related to the recent XBL outage - maybe something else.

Originally Posted by Npeaen
IMPORTANT CHUNK OF INFO:
Live may be up, but for me and many others, the RHCP album download is stuck at 1% followed by many errors. Free time and me aren't very good friends right now so I don't know when I can get the videos up. I'm sorry, head elsewhere for videos this week.
Old 09-30-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There are plenty of people who play Rock Band and have never downloaded a song ever, and probably don't even have an Xbox Live Silver membership. I have no doubt it'll be fairly easy to sell off the AC/DC pack on Craigslist even after you use the code to import.
Old 09-30-08, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Someone hasn't ventured into the thread all morning.

Ah, I see now. Well up until this moment I could barely get the thread to load, let alone read up on what was going on today.
Old 09-30-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

In all fairness, at least that was (half of) the official HMX announcement.
Old 09-30-08, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I got tapes I got CD's I got my Public Enemy.

Trying to decide if I should get the whole album or not.
Old 09-30-08, 01:42 PM

My little my white ass AINT tickled pink,

the songs won't download.
Old 09-30-08, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm kind of sad, as a fan of audience sing-alongs. None are in the RHCP album (not even Under the Bridge). It leads me to believe that either those DLC singles last week were authored to be on disc. I was hoping that it'd be standard with DLC now.

That said, the album is awesome on guitar. A lot of crazy riffs and fun parts. Also, a lot of repetition, but it's not ever boring.
Old 09-30-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagrath
Not saying that it's a horrible site, I just don't care for it. Besides not being able to search by band/song, they also are using the old 1-9 tiering system instead of the 0-6. I (and most others) have moved on to RB2 and therefore the old tiering system is outdated for us.

If I was looking for a one-stop place to get all the DLC videos and tiering, rockbandcontent wouldn't be my first choice. Besides the DLC post I have here (which admittedly could be better), there's also rockgamer.com, which does have searching by artist/song, it also has sorting by artist/song/tier/release date, etc. Coupled with the fact that the overall format is a lot easier to deal with, and you've got a winner.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ck_Band_series
Old 09-30-08, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
lacks youtube links, which I find the most valuable feature.
Old 09-30-08, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by redbill
lacks youtube links, which I find the most valuable feature.
Is there a prohibition to adding them onto wiki? Shag could take that upon himself and share the list with the world.
Old 09-30-08, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
I would imagine so, or worse with the increased hits, the labels would get the videos removed from youtube...
Old 09-30-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Is there a prohibition to adding them onto wiki? Shag could take that upon himself and share the list with the world.
Fuck sharing with the rest of the world! You guys are my special peeps!
Old 09-30-08, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Fuck sharing with the rest of the world! You guys are my special peeps!
Yeah, then update your damn Sig with the latest thread! ;-)
Old 09-30-08, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Yeah, then update your damn Sig with the latest thread! ;-)
I knew there was something I was forgetting.. Damnit!
Old 09-30-08, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wonder if the AC/DC announcement will force Activision to finally announce something that we are all expecting?
Old 09-30-08, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
There is a temporary database-style format which does allow sorting by any field
http://www.rockbandcontent.com/tests...songs/grid.php
Still 0-9 rating.
I really like the idea of the AC/DC pack, and disc-only WalMart exclusive (correct?) is very interesting. I'm on the fence on the fact that it's live, and I don't like the pricing. The tracks themselves are all great; there are definitely a few "I wish they'd add __", but it's a good setlist nonetheless.

Also...What's the point of Performance mode? I'll admit I haven't tried it, but it doesn't seem that useful/interesting to me.
Old 09-30-08, 06:33 PM
Banned

I can't wait for the AC/DC pack. I don't love that they're live, but they'll still be a blast to rock out with.
Old 09-30-08, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have one quick question. I, personally, did not enjoy Rock Band, at least when it came to guitar. For whatever reason, it was a little boring to me, and so I sold it, and went back to GH3.

I know there were those out there who felt the same way as I did, and so my question to them is: do you enjoy Rock Band 2? Is it a more fun game, or does it have the same basic feel as the first (charting, etc.)?

I was thinking about picking up the disc only tonight, because as I sit here, staring at my plastic guitar, I would love some new songs to play.
Old 09-30-08, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It is exactly like the first.

Although what was boring about guitar in RB that wasn't boring in GH? Was it the difficulty of the charting in GHIII?
Old 09-30-08, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
I have one quick question. I, personally, did not enjoy Rock Band, at least when it came to guitar. For whatever reason, it was a little boring to me, and so I sold it, and went back to GH3.

I know there were those out there who felt the same way as I did, and so my question to them is: do you enjoy Rock Band 2? Is it a more fun game, or does it have the same basic feel as the first (charting, etc.)?

I was thinking about picking up the disc only tonight, because as I sit here, staring at my plastic guitar, I would love some new songs to play.
Rent it and see if you like any of the tougher songs any better.
Old 09-30-08, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://register.rockband.com/

Looks like you can put in your key now. They're saying the 20 songs will be available in a couple of weeks. I'm guessing right around the time of the PS3 launch.

I'm going to hold off on inputting my code until I hear the songs are out. There have been so many times where I've pre-ordered something really early, and then never got the code for an item. Then people that pre-order the day before release get their code right away. The Disturbed tracks are the most recent example that comes to mind.

Last edited by Shagrath; 09-30-08 at 08:53 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.