Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band (Platform): Official Thread of Can't Stop Playing!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band (Platform): Official Thread of Can't Stop Playing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-08, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by flashburn
How can you not have a Wal-Mart within 5 minutes from wherever you live? It seems like there is one every fifty feet wherever I am at. I do agree with supporting Wal-Mart as little as possible.

I don't think its been ruled out that we won't be able to buy these songs on Xbox Live (or PSN). The retail disc itself is exclusive to Wal-Mart, but that doesn't mean the songs are.
Maybe... But if they are available as DLC, expect an 18-pack with no individual downloading options. And expect it to come well after the retail shelf life has fizzled out.
Old 10-08-08, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
Well, I'm sure it's gender specific. I just wonder if you beat it with a male character if you can switch to a female character under your profile and have access. Or if the closets are tied to characters, not profiles (which would suck).

That's probably the case as $$$ is tied to characters not profiles, meaning I have to play as my stand-ins if I want to doll them up with expensive attire/instruments.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's tied to the characters. The outfits only show up in the closet of whichever character I beat the specific challenge with. My other characters, that didn't beat the challenge, don't have the outfits in their closets.

bee_01 says you can replay the challenges with different characters, to get them.
Old 10-08-08, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just sucks because money, outfits, and instruments should be associated with the player, not the character.
Old 10-08-08, 03:49 PM

The instrument challenges also give you a golden mic/guitar/drums or the bomb bass. The impossible marathon 2 gives you a goat head guitar/bass, microbone, or some drum kit. The clear instruments are from the Rolling Stone event in WT.

Last edited by bee_01; 10-08-08 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-08-08, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello, I'm coming in late to the game.

I am planning on buying Rock Band 2 & the wireless drum set for the XBox 360 in the next couple of weeks. I have a couple of questions.

Can I play this game playing only the wireless drums? In other words my friends will not be over that much and I want to play the game by myself.

Will my guitar from Guitar Hero 2 work with this game?

If I don't have a friend with Rock Band 1, can I rent the game at Blockbuster and then download those songs for $5?

Where would be the lowest price to buy the MTV wireless drumset for the 360? Circuit City has it online for $90, free shipping and tax of course.

I also have an upcoming 10% off from Best Buy and it mentions it doesn't include Rock Band bundles or accessories. But from your experience, I should be able to get 10% off just the game itself, correct?

Thanx for all your help, Chris
Old 10-08-08, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.
Old 10-08-08, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Hello, I'm coming in late to the game.

I am planning on buying Rock Band 2 & the wireless drum set for the XBox 360 in the next couple of weeks. I have a couple of questions.

Can I play this game playing only the wireless drums? In other words my friends will not be over that much and I want to play the game by myself.

Will my guitar from Guitar Hero 2 work with this game?

If I don't have a friend with Rock Band 1, can I rent the game at Blockbuster and then download those songs for $5?

I also have an upcoming 10% off from Best Buy and it mentions it doesn't include Rock Band bundles or accessories. But from your experience, I should be able to get 10% off just the game itself, correct?

Thanx for all your help, Chris
1. yes.
2. yes.
3. yes
4. yes

Last edited by Liver&Onions; 10-08-08 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-08-08, 03:58 PM

Thanx you guys are quick (and DVDTalk is slow).

I also edited my original post and asked what is the lowest price for the wireless drum set.

Chris
Old 10-08-08, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's about the price everywhere - it was 79.99 at BB initially...
Old 10-08-08, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Lowest price is $68 shipped/no tax on DeepDiscount but they are on backorder. I ordered a set last week and it gave me a November ship date.
Old 10-08-08, 04:07 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
How can you not have a Wal-Mart within 5 minutes from wherever you live? It seems like there is one every fifty feet wherever I am at. I do agree with supporting Wal-Mart as little as possible.
I live in Los Angeles. Not a lot of space here for a Wal-Mart. And the few places where you can find a Wal-Mart are not the parts of town I like to go. I didn't set foot in a Wal-Mart until I was 20. I'm sure I could order the disc from Wal-Mart.com, but I won't for the reasons I stated above.

I don't think its been ruled out that we won't be able to buy these songs on Xbox Live (or PSN). The retail disc itself is exclusive to Wal-Mart, but that doesn't mean the songs are.
I'd imagine there would at least be an exclusivity window.
Old 10-08-08, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Lowest price is $68 shipped/no tax on DeepDiscount but they are on backorder. I ordered a set last week and it gave me a November ship date.
Michael, thank you for this information.

But are you sure it is for the wireless version? The reason I ask is because it shows the list price as $69.99. And the only place that it says wireless is in the following:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...ctId=48645663#

Rock Band 2 Drum Set
Platform: Xbox 360
Game Type: Accessory
Developer: Harmonix Music Systems, Inc.
Item Number: XBO019163

Hardware Type: A
Supports: Controller, Miscellaneous Controller
Release Date: 09/14/08
Keyname: ROCKBAND2WIRELESSDRUMSET

Chris
Old 10-08-08, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

the picture shows RB2, and says wireless right on the box. There is no RB2 wired version, AFAIK
Old 10-08-08, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

mrpayroll, those looks like the right ones. Rock Band 2 drums only come wireless.
Old 10-08-08, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

In their FAQ for the track pack, Harmonix mentions AC/DC's feelings about digital downloading as a reason why they decided on a track pack. So unless this thing is enough of a catastrophe to change AC/DC's minds like nothing else has, I wouldn't expect it as DLC anytime soon. And even if it happened, it'd probably all be one chunk.
Old 10-08-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I also don't have any Wal-Marts near me. Plus 18 songs is too damn many AC/DC songs!

Six songs from that band would be more than enough...I'm not sure why there is so much hype about this band but I've been listening them for 25 years and frankly most of their material is filler and blends together. The bass and drums are super boring, and Brian Johnson's voice just sounds like a ridiculous caricature after a while.

I would definitely buy some DLC but the more I think about it the less inclined I am to seek out and buy this disc.
Old 10-08-08, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is the AC/DC pack 360 only?
Old 10-08-08, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No, 360, PS2 and PS3, and Wii. Exportable on the next-gens.
Old 10-08-08, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I live in Los Angeles. Not a lot of space here for a Wal-Mart. And the few places where you can find a Wal-Mart are not the parts of town I like to go. I didn't set foot in a Wal-Mart until I was 20. I'm sure I could order the disc from Wal-Mart.com, but I won't for the reasons I stated above.
Come down to Long Beach.. we have 3 Walmarts.
Old 10-08-08, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by porieux
i also don't have any wal-marts near me. Plus 18 songs is too damn many ac/dc songs!
That's crazy talk!
Old 10-08-08, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tonight i discovered that the Dashboard Confessionals song is really fun to sing.
Old 10-08-08, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Originally Posted by pinata242
Is anybody home that can see if the RB1 exported tracks under the "Game Saves" are tied to a gamertag or not?

It would be interesting to see if they can be moved via MU to another 360 and used and the profile holder could re-export at will...
I paid my $5 to export my RB1 disc, then when I went to do it on my other 360 it wouldn't take my money again, it just said 'download again'. Apparently you can export several times on your $5.
Old 10-08-08, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Tonight i discovered that the Dashboard Confessionals song is really fun to sing.
I introduced that song to my girlfriend by serenading her while playing Rock Band and now she loves it!!!!
Old 10-08-08, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ya, there are no Wal-Marts with in the subway-accessible parts of Boston, thank goodness.
Old 10-09-08, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by vwbeetlvr
I introduced that song to my girlfriend by serenading her while playing Rock Band and now she loves it!!!!
Did you also buy Bullets & Guns? It is another song in that MTV based alterna genre that i am sadly finding myself enjoying in game. I don't think i would necessarily listen to it in my car but it has been really fun to sing.

That and the Boston pack. I have been doing a Boston song every time i boot the game up recently.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.