Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-13, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

I'm downloading the beta for Reaper of Souls now... 14 GB download. There's no NDA, so feel free to ask any questions or if you want me to try something specific. I'll probably mess around with it over the holiday break, although I pretty much haven't touched the game since the patch that Paragon levels were first introduced so I'm sure I have no idea what i'm doing having never actually beat Inferno (although I have a couple 60's with crappy gear).

If the opportunity opens up for me to get some invites, i'll try and share some here.
Old 11-26-13, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Cannot wait to hear more on that. One major reason why I opted for the PS4...though I suspect it will make it's way to the 360/Xbox One. But it seems Blizzard is concentrating on the PC and PS4 first. Yea...I'll lose all my 360 stuff but seeing and playing the PS4 version...priceless.
Old 11-26-13, 09:54 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Good to know that the Beta is here, means the release is that much closer.
Old 11-26-13, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Still can't imagine we'll see it before April, since Blizzard isn't turning the AH off until March. I wish it were sooner though, since there looks to be a lot of improvements to gameplay.
Old 11-27-13, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

IGN has a video review of this up...pretty cool looking and sounds promising...

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/26...-video-preview
Old 11-27-13, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So I'm really having a blast with this game. Completed the main game and now running it at Nighmare level. I just love the hack and slash and finding loot
Old 11-27-13, 01:00 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm downloading the beta for Reaper of Souls now... 14 GB download. There's no NDA, so feel free to ask any questions or if you want me to try something specific. I'll probably mess around with it over the holiday break, although I pretty much haven't touched the game since the patch that Paragon levels were first introduced so I'm sure I have no idea what i'm doing having never actually beat Inferno (although I have a couple 60's with crappy gear).

If the opportunity opens up for me to get some invites, i'll try and share some here.

how did you get into the beta?

with regards to the IGN preview, the expansion looks great. The crusader class looked very slow though. i am anxious for the new loot system. I know console gamers have been enjoying the great loot, but PC gamers haven't had that.

Question, the level ceiling is supposed to be 70 in the expansion. In the PC version, my barbarian is level 60 Paragon 44. Will paragon progression stop and you switch back to regular leveling 60-70? When you get to 70 will you pick back up where you left off in the paragon system? I am confused by this.
Old 11-27-13, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by wlj
how did you get into the beta?
Right now it's just friends and family beta, and I have a lot of friends at Blizzard from when I worked there.
Old 11-27-13, 02:16 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right now it's just friends and family beta, and I have a lot of friends at Blizzard from when I worked there.

cool!
Old 11-27-13, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That is cool...will you tell them they need more Diablo III stuff at their on-line store.I'd love to have a few of the character figurines...I see shirts but not a whole lot of anything else. Worldcraft...another story.
Old 12-19-13, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

March 25th for PC.
Old 12-19-13, 11:34 AM

Can I wait?

Spoiler:
No
Old 12-19-13, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

Groucho, are you going to go PC with the expansion? I'm looking towards the PS4 version since folks seem to be having so much fun with it on a console.
Old 12-19-13, 01:46 PM

I'll probably go PC because I've already got level 60 toons on that platform, and because I've played Diablo with mouse and keyboard for years. Also, it sounds like the changes they made to make the console version more fun (namely, better loot) will also be coming to PC with this expansion.

That said, depending on when the PS4 version comes out (and the price tag), I'm not above double-dipping.
Old 12-19-13, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I'll be playing the expansion on the PC for the reason Groucho listed.
Old 12-19-13, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

I've been playing the 2.0 patch on PTR a bit. I think I'm playing the Master difficulty, which is the 4th highest, and it's pretty hard. I may have to drop down a difficulty when the expansion arrives, assuming I don't get any new gear between now and then.

I'm mostly playing my Monk on PTR and most of the items that are dropping have DEX/VIT plus other attributes, so the "smart drop" system certainly does seem to be working. I don't exactly have great gear to begin with, but in my brief time on the PTR, I have found 3 upgrades.

Only ran into 1 cursed chest, and the mini event was pretty cool. Had to survive a mass onslaught. There's a secondary goal if you kill a certain number of enemies in the time alloted, you'd receive a second chest, but I wasn't killing fast enough to get that reward.

One of the nice QoL features added is automatically picking up potions by running over them, just like gold.
Old 12-21-13, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
Groucho, are you going to go PC with the expansion? I'm looking towards the PS4 version since folks seem to be having so much fun with it on a console.
I haven't seen any release info on the PS4 version which is one reason why I did opt for the PS4 and not the XO...because as of now not a single word on RoS for the Xbox. I just hope I can find a few willing to play the game on the PS4. My co-op partner and I have been hammering it on the 360 and had a blast...though my 360 is down until I get time to fix it.

Since the PC version will hit late March I'm crossing my fingers for around May for the PS4.
Old 12-22-13, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I have never played any of the Diablo games, but i am seriously considering picking this up for the PS3. I mainly play offline, and single player games. Just curious what the game is like, what games it is similar to, how long a single play through would take. It looks a lot like a cross between Gauntlet and Warcraft...which is a winner in my book. So any feedback is appreciated.

It was a toss up between this or AC: Black Flag.
Old 12-23-13, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Grab this at Best Buy this week for $50, it was $35 last week. I was day one PC player and a hardcore Diablo player from the original and I was severely disappointed with this one. I just picked this up for the 360 and it is awesome. I have not been able to get online yet due to internet issues, but I have co-oped locally and it is a blast. I am about to hit 60 and Inferno can't wait of the gear grind.
Old 12-25-13, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I got a beta key for ROS, no idea how I was given one. I am really going to miss the AH since It has provided good $ and also GL getting a full zuni set in ROS.
Old 01-16-14, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there an aspect to this game that keeps a character from leveling up? I'm a lvl 31 barbarian, and I feel like I've been there forever. I have the difficulty on Normal and Master III I think - basically doing my second play through. When I finished the first play through, it didn't unlock Nightmare mode - I assume because I had it on Easy at first (playing on the 360).
Old 01-17-14, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If have to be level 30 before nightmare opens.
Old 01-17-14, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by edstein
If have to be level 30 before nightmare opens.
I think I was at level 30 when I finished the first run through. Maybe I didn't actually finish the game when I thought I had. That's the only reason I can think of as to why my level is barely moving.
Old 01-17-14, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by redcat
I think I was at level 30 when I finished the first run through. Maybe I didn't actually finish the game when I thought I had. That's the only reason I can think of as to why my level is barely moving.
Maybe you didn't finish the final quest after killing Diablo? Go back and check to see if the Angels have an exclamation point over their heads.
Old 01-17-14, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
Maybe you didn't finish the final quest after killing Diablo? Go back and check to see if the Angels have an exclamation point over their heads.
I think you're right - I don't remember doing anything after killing Diablo. I remember thinking it all felt a bit anticlimactic.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.