Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-13, 12:09 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Also, now that I left my job there I freely admit that I worked at Blizzard for about 8 1/2 years.
I'm shocked, SHOCKED. What did you do for them, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-14-13, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I'm shocked, SHOCKED. What did you do for them, if you don't mind me asking?
A bunch of stuff, starting in the technical support department (responding to emails when WoW was down, pretty much), to a IT Helpdesk guy, and for the last 5 years or so a Systems Administrator for internal IT (non production game server stuff, so not my fault when servers were down ). It also meant setting up the infrastructure for all the Blizzcon conventions, and various game launches. Fun times.
Old 08-14-13, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're the one who nerfed infestors, aren't you?
Old 08-14-13, 03:38 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if you replace death with my ex wife's name, that page would work for her as well...
Old 08-21-13, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Cb7QJwQ58T0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 08-26-13, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Diablofans has a good write-up of everything that's known about the expansion.

http://www.diablofans.com/
Old 09-03-13, 07:48 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyone get the console version yet?

I have seen from other boards that people are getting great loot now since they have no AH available. Now, my question is "What are they going to do for PC gamers". It is damn ridiculous that we have to use a GAH and RMAH to get proper equipment and console players get great loot in drops. That is unbelievably unfair. Is Blizzard's mindset "Hey, lets piss off the PC gamer so they stop playing it on PC and give us $60 for the console version."
Old 09-03-13, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj

I have seen from other boards that people are getting great loot now since they have no AH available. Now, my question is "What are they going to do for PC gamers". It is damn ridiculous that we have to use a GAH and RMAH to get proper equipment and console players get great loot in drops. That is unbelievably unfair. Is Blizzard's mindset "Hey, lets piss off the PC gamer so they stop playing it on PC and give us $60 for the console version."
I think everyone assumed blizz was doing a console version when they saw how dumbed down they made the pc version.
Old 09-03-13, 02:23 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj

That might actually work in my case.

Except I'll wait for a used copy for $20.
Old 09-03-13, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
Going to wait for price to go down, probably somewhere in the $30-40 range. Beside I'm going to download the Borderlands 2 Ulimate pack 2 today so I can raise up my characters to level 72. I'm a slave to this game.
Old 09-03-13, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

TRU has it for $45. I have a walmart GC and I am gonna try to get them to pm.
Old 09-03-13, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had $10 in BB rewards so I picked it up there. So far pretty good. Graphics are not as good as the PC version but its still a fun game. I just beat the Skeleton King.
Old 09-03-13, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

That's what she said?

Also, now that I left my job there I freely admit that I worked at Blizzard for about 8 1/2 years. I can't get banned for shilling now
Why did you leave?

I have to admit, between being from Irvine to you getting all the beta keys for WoW, to seeming to know all the info about Call of Duty, it was definitely a surprise.
Old 09-04-13, 08:50 AM
gamer for life

Console version is very well done. I have a hardcore barb to 10, a wd to 10 and a monk to 10 so far. Monk was my main character on the pc for the longest time, but actually I find that class is the hardest to control on the console vs the pc version. It is a precision class that lets you move around the battlefield like a god on pc, and the dashing strike is just not as easy to control with my controller. Still fun. The Barb is actually amazing on console. Leap is much easier to control than I thought it would be. The Witch Doctor is also a lot of fun on the console.
Old 09-04-13, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So how much worse are the graphics on console vs pc?
Old 09-04-13, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Gooter
Probably depends on your PC. Mine runs the game in 1080p with all settings maxed, so it would be a step down I'm sure.
Old 09-04-13, 09:37 AM
gamer for life

Game looks good on the console..the main thing is the jaggies, but depending on how close you sit to your tv it might not even be that noticeable....Colors are very well done though. It is a solid looking game for the console, but not something to show off the system.

I run my pc game at max everything, and it is not like it is an amazing looking game or anything to begin with. One thing I did notice though is they seem to have punched up some of the sound effects and the game actually sounds better than my pc version at times.
Old 09-04-13, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, good to know. I wasn't able to run it at max on my Mac so maybe it will be a slight step up for me on the Xbox.

What size TVs are you playing on? Would a larger screen TV make the jaggies more noticeable?
Old 09-04-13, 10:18 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked it up last night from TRU for $45. Played a bit and it was fun. Co-op worked well when a friend joined in.

It took me a little bit to get used to the layout of the buttons for my attacks, etc. But once I got used to it, it worked really well.

I had it for my PC as well, and while it ran, it was a minimum settings. Now that its on console, my 360 friends that have it can play with me as they aren't pc gamers.
Old 09-04-13, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Also, I wonder if the expansion will come to consoles as well. Think DLC or a new edition?
Old 09-04-13, 10:30 AM

I don't see the expansion coming for the current gen. By the time it comes out, we'll be well into Next Gen.
Old 09-04-13, 01:45 PM
gamer for life

Well, good to know. I wasn't able to run it at max on my Mac so maybe it will be a slight step up for me on the Xbox.

What size TVs are you playing on? Would a larger screen TV make the jaggies more noticeable?
60 inch in my bedroom..I am about 10 feet away. I notice them but they are not bad.

Played for 30 minutes at lunch today..got my hardcore barb up to level 14. My first legendary dropped, and it was amazing. One handed sword with 40 strength and some other good stuff. It was about a 35% increase in damage for me.
Old 09-04-13, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
I don't see the expansion coming for the current gen. By the time it comes out, we'll be well into Next Gen.
I think it will. A lot of people seem to be a bit slower in wanting to make the jump to the new systems, but more importantly, most of the work was already done in getting the game out on the consoles, they have the engine ported over now.
Old 09-04-13, 11:56 PM
gamer for life

Got a hardcore barb to 30...a softcore WD to 14 and a monk to 10.

After level 13 the floodgates open with legendary drops. On my hardcore barb, I had 6 drop from level 13-20. Then I got on with edstein and played for a bit and two legs dropped. Then I went back to my hardcore and got him to 30 and I kid you not, 8 legs dropped. Every single one was good. They might have went to far with the drop rate.
Old 09-05-13, 07:51 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by foxdvd
Got a hardcore barb to 30...a softcore WD to 14 and a monk to 10.

After level 13 the floodgates open with legendary drops. On my hardcore barb, I had 6 drop from level 13-20. Then I got on with edstein and played for a bit and two legs dropped. Then I went back to my hardcore and got him to 30 and I kid you not, 8 legs dropped. Every single one was good. They might have went to far with the drop rate.

you can definitely go "too far". I enjoyed my time with Torchlight 2, but you got too much good loot too frequently. It really killed the "hunt". I would find something really powerful, then 10 minutes later I find an upgrade.

Diablo 3 on the PC is at the other end of the spectrum, no good loot ever

Marvel Heroes does a good job of being in the middle of that spectrum. It is right where I want it. I want things to feel special when they drop and if I am getting drops all the time nothing feels special.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.