Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread Pt. 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-08, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My quickplay run on Expert Guitar for the Flawless Fret showed up. I gold-starred it again on career with a score of about 1000 points less.
Old 03-18-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
How do you actually get on a leaderboard? I have played quickplay solo and local and online with friends but i don't think i'm listed anywhere. Do you have to play a ranked match?
All you have to do is play the song in solo. Whether that's career or quickplay is up to you. I believe the leaderboards only store the top 100,000, but I'd wager that if a song sells 100K, then it's doing pretty good.
Old 03-18-08, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Whoa - i LOVE the videos this drummer dude puts on on youtube. Helps show me that the big rolls aren't really that tough if you let the sticks do the work, and not your arms.

Shagrath - I don't think he updates as often as the others - but he might be worth checking out for upcoming DLC

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iT5nEcR33_o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iT5nEcR33_o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 03-18-08, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, those videos are the best!

Wow, I tried the At The Gates song on Expert drums, just for shits and giggles. Holy shit, that is too damn fast for me. It is fairly repetitive, but probably one of the fastest songs in the game. Especially since you are pretty much hitting the kick pedal constantly through the entire song. I tried for about 20 seconds just hitting the kick pedal and I couldn't even do that very well.

edit: Bah, damn typos.

Last edited by flashburn; 03-18-08 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-18-08, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flashburn
Y I tried for about 20 seconds just shitting the kick pedal and I couldn't even do that very well.
I think I know what your problem is.
Old 03-18-08, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions

Shagrath - I don't think he updates as often as the others - but he might be worth checking out for upcoming DLC

He has videos for most of the songs, but not all of them. His also take a few days after release since he has a lot of editing to do to put them all together.

I look forward to all his releases as well. Gives me the opportunity to completely see what I'll never be able to do on most of the songs
Old 03-18-08, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't care what kind of music you like or don't like, you would have to be CRAZY not to download these songs. They are insanely fun to play, and frankly just great music.
Old 03-18-08, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

holy crap - i just watched his video for Sick Sick Sick - he 100% , FCed it - but still didn't get gold stars. Holy shit - that song is insane on the kick pedal.
Old 03-18-08, 05:31 PM

I mean seriously people. Super fun!!!! Just think of all the great songs in the GH series you would have missed out on if you had only played the ones that exactly fit your musical taste.

These aren't generic death metal songs at all, they have really interesting music and the note charts are really well put together. Seriously!

Can't wait to try the drums.
Old 03-18-08, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by porieux
I mean seriously people. Super fun!!!! Just think of all the great songs in the GH series you would have missed out on if you had only played the ones that exactly fit your musical taste.

These aren't generic death metal songs at all, they have really interesting music and the note charts are really well put together. Seriously!

Can't wait to try the drums.
I'd stop trying to convince some of these guys if I were you. They seem to be pretty dead set on hating any true heavy music. Don't worry though, plenty of us still love it and enjoy playing it in Rock Band (or whatever). I just hope it leads the way to even more heavy stuff (or even heavier stuff would be cool). I don't really like death metal music, but I would love to try grunting out some of the vocals for them, that would be hilarious, and fun.

I checked the leaderboards briefly, and it looks like these three songs have been downloaded by at least 2000 people so far, not bad. In contrast, that Serj song has been downloaded by over 20,000 people.
Old 03-18-08, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Whoa - i LOVE the videos this drummer dude puts on on youtube.
I would like to see more of his modded kick pedal. It looks like he rigged a real pedal.
Old 03-18-08, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I would like to see more of his modded kick pedal. It looks like he rigged a real pedal.
http://www.rockbandpedal.net/
Old 03-18-08, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I checked the leaderboards briefly, and it looks like these three songs have been downloaded by at least 2000 people so far, not bad. In contrast, that Serj song has been downloaded by over 20,000 people.
Remember though - you likely are looking at one instrument only. Guitar/Drums/ or vocals. I know that the majority of the songs I've downloaded I've only played on drums, so my checkmark for playing it won't show up in the leaderboards.
Old 03-18-08, 05:43 PM

I'd stop trying to convince some of these guys if I were you. They seem to be pretty dead set on hating any true heavy music. Don't worry though, plenty of us still love it and enjoy playing it in Rock Band (or whatever). I just hope it leads the way to even more heavy stuff (or even heavier stuff would be cool). I don't really like death metal music, but I would love to try grunting out some of the vocals for them, that would be hilarious, and fun.

Some songs are put in there just because people like the music. These songs transcend that. These songs make the game better. It doesn't matter if it's something you would listen to outside the game.

Amazing that some people could stand to play the earlier GH games if they hate heavy music so much.
Old 03-18-08, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've checked out vids from azuritereaction before. He definitely knows his stuff, but not updating right away means that it's not gonna work for the official DLC post. I like to get stuff up there ASAP. I mean, even today when I don't even have my box, I got up at about 6:30 just to watch the charts and update the post. Today was like frickin' Christmas, man!
Old 03-18-08, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd stop trying to convince some of these guys if I were you.
No one took me up on my offer of reimbursement for Serj's track - so I withdraw my offer.
Old 03-18-08, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I've checked out vids from azuritereaction before. He definitely knows his stuff, but not updating right away means that it's not gonna work for the official DLC post. I like to get stuff up there ASAP. I mean, even today when I don't even have my box, I got up at about 6:30 just to watch the charts and update the post. Today was like frickin' Christmas, man!
Yeah that's Sskitzzo, he definitely makes the best quality vids I've seen.
Being able to see his hands and feet is invaluable if you are having trouble getting the feel of a certain part.
Old 03-18-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Remember though - you likely are looking at one instrument only. Guitar/Drums/ or vocals. I know that the majority of the songs I've downloaded I've only played on drums, so my checkmark for playing it won't show up in the leaderboards.
Yeah, it was a complete guesstimate. I was basing this off of Guitar and Drums Leaderboards, it looked like it was closer to 2000 people on the charts for Guitar and only around 1000 or less for Drums. I'm going to be very interested in seeing what it looks like by this time next week.
Old 03-18-08, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks for the link. Interesting. Not sure if I want to pick it up or just get the metal cover.
Old 03-18-08, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Thanks for the link. Interesting. Not sure if I want to pick it up or just get the metal cover.
I picked up the metal plate from Ebay, but honestly, I think if I could do things over again I would probably just get that pedal instead. Compared to the money I've already spent buying mutes, sticks and that plate, it doesn't seem that expensive.

As it stands now, I will probably wait for a good double pedal setup instead. I remember seeing a site someplace that was advertising one, but I don't remember the address. It was similar to The Destroyer, but two pedals instead.
Old 03-18-08, 06:27 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm glad there are plenty of people happy to have this week's DLC, but I hope it bombs in total sales so we don't get any more of it.

Heard Offspring on the way home, they'd be fun to play.

I hope Harmonix is working on a patch to enable BWT online like they said they'd like to, and didn't just say it to shut people up.
Old 03-18-08, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by porieux
These songs make the game better. It doesn't matter if it's something you would listen to outside the game.

Amazing that some people could stand to play the earlier GH games if they hate heavy music so much.
That matters a lot to me. When I go back to play GH, I play the songs that know and enjoy and avoid others that I don't. It just happens that I enjoy the more mainstream (for lack of a better word) stuff.

Look at the play list of GH1. I've heard 27 out of 30 of those songs on the radio. From GH2, 27/40. From the 80's, 27/30. From GH3, 34/42.

Rock Band has 36/45 songs I've heard on the radio. Most all of these were at some point in my life prior to GH coming out. Of the 9 that I have never heard on the radio, only 3 bands I am familiar with.

If it were up to me, I'd delete Welcome Home and GGaHT in a heartbeat from the RB playlist. I don't replay those songs and only by going thru BWT am I forced to play those.
Old 03-18-08, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I picked up the metal plate from Ebay, but honestly, I think if I could do things over again I would probably just get that pedal instead. Compared to the money I've already spent buying mutes, sticks and that plate, it doesn't seem that expensive.

As it stands now, I will probably wait for a good double pedal setup instead. I remember seeing a site someplace that was advertising one, but I don't remember the address. It was similar to The Destroyer, but two pedals instead.
I'll wait for someone to come up with something similar to the Roland V-Drum bass pedal.

If they can incorporate the pad, then it should not be a problem to incorporate the 2nd pedal. Of course a set of DW double pedals are what? $200 when you find them on sale?

I just have to get a felt beater as I would always lift my foot off the pedal during some stretches and whack myself on the top of the foot.
Old 03-18-08, 07:24 PM

That looks suspiciously similar to my setup

Old 03-18-08, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Whoa - i LOVE the videos this drummer dude puts on on youtube. Helps show me that the big rolls aren't really that tough if you let the sticks do the work, and not your arms.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iT5nEcR33_o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iT5nEcR33_o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
My arms are pudgy and don't move that fast.

I guess I'm stuck at 4 stars on that song in expert

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.