DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Are they going to get sued? that is an exact copy
Old 05-02-08, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sauce07
Are they going to get sued? that is an exact copy
That's just some shitty photoshop job someone did, not what it will actually look like.
Old 05-05-08, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll laugh really hard if/when MS brings that out. So many "hard core" gamers complained about the Wii/WiiMote saying how gimmicky it was.

I'm picking up SW:TFU on the Wii day one fo sho.
Old 05-05-08, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts
I just wish this was a reality:

Old 05-05-08, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by steebo777
I'll laugh really hard if/when MS brings that out. So many "hard core" gamers complained about the Wii/WiiMote saying how gimmicky it was.
And it is. But as someone pointed in another thread, at least you'll no longer have to buy a Wii once MS releases their own gimmicky controller.

Either way, as much as I think it might be cool to use my wiimote for swinging a lightsaber I'm thinking I'll be much happier with the 360 version.
Old 05-07-08, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I personally don't find the controller gimmicky, only the way some game designers are using it is gimmicky. But that's a whole other thread.

I can't wait to swing my WiiMoteSaber.
Old 07-11-08, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts
New trailer - I'm loving how this looks:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="500" height="319" id="gamevideos6" align="middle"><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="play" value="true" /><param name="loop" value="true" /><param name="scale" value="showall" /><param name="wmode" value="window" /><param name="devicefont" value="false" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="menu" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="salign" value="" /><param name="movie" value="http://gamevideos.com//swf/gamevideos11.swf?embedded=1&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&src=http://gamevideos.com/video/videoListXML%3Fid%3D19872%26ordinal%3D%26adPlay%3Dfalse" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://gamevideos.com//swf/gamevideos11.swf?embedded=1&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&src=http://gamevideos.com/video/videoListXML%3Fid%3D19872%26ordinal%3D%26adPlay%3Dfalse" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" play="true" loop="true" scale="showall" wmode="window" devicefont="false" id="gamevideos6" bgcolor="#000000" name="gamevideos6" menu="true" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" width="500" height="319" /></object>
Old 07-11-08, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

That looks badass. Could it be the first good Star Wars game since Rogue Squadron II?*

*excluding Lego titles.
Old 07-11-08, 07:25 AM

Wow........................just wow
Old 07-11-08, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Looks sweet. Gotta say that the voice of Vader sucks and it also sucks that they gave away that you'll face off with Vader in the end --- and obviously lose.
Old 07-11-08, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well it takes place between III and IV. With a shred of forward thinking you already know your character didn't last as Vader's apprentice, nor can he succeed at toppling Vader.
Old 07-12-08, 04:39 PM

XBox 360 lightsaber-like motion controller:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-kjBASqJzzY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-kjBASqJzzY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 07-12-08, 04:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
That looks badass. Could it be the first good Star Wars game since Rogue Squadron II?*

*excluding Lego titles.
*bitch slap times 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000*

Hello? KOTOR?
Old 07-12-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow. Trailer spoiled the whole story.
Old 07-12-08, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I personally hate all these controllers and wheels too they don't make the games more fun they make them more like a chore, but I applaud nintendo for bringing more people into the video game market the only problem is most of the people that got the wii last year are completely bored with it now, and before you ask they have a lot of games not just wiisports. All I know is if I want to go golf or play tennis or whatever I go outside. The rest about this TFU is that it looks cool and I am excited
Old 07-12-08, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by taffer
*bitch slap times 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000*

Hello? KOTOR?
Forgot about that one. I'll amend my statement... last great Star Wars game that actually took place during the movie's timeline not a million years post/prior.
Old 08-21-08, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You guys play the demo?

OMG!!

Seriously, that's the best demo I've ever played. Judging from the demo, it's the best Star Wars game I've ever played.
Old 08-21-08, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post
You guys play the demo?

OMG!!

Seriously, that's the best demo I've ever played. Judging from the demo, it's the best Star Wars game I've ever played.
So I take it this is both the first demo you have ever played as well as the first Star Wars game?

I am seriously disappointed after playing the demo. I felt it had a complete lack of polish and wasn't graphically impressive at all either. The controls were also pretty poor. I doubt I will even rent the game after playing the demo.
Old 08-21-08, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
So I take it this is both the first demo you have ever played as well as the first Star Wars game?

I am seriously disappointed after playing the demo. I felt it had a complete lack of polish and wasn't graphically impressive at all either. The controls were also pretty poor. I doubt I will even rent the game after playing the demo.
What?

The controls were fine. I love picking up stormtroopers and just floating them around. I had high expectations with combo system because I knew it wouldn't be able to compete against Soul Calibur. But it was pretty good for what it was. Looks like there's a lot more moves and combos that will be in the finished game. I thought the graphics were pretty good.

I pre-ordered it at Amazon after playing it.
Old 08-21-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 158 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt View Post
What?

I pre-ordered it at Amazon after playing it.
You might want to read the reviews at OXM (7.5) and PTM (7.0) before you finalize that purchase. Both reviewers were really frustrated with aspects of the gameplay that seem very out of date for a next-gen game and said it wasn't as good as some older Star Wars games.
Old 08-21-08, 08:34 PM

what? you must have a lousy tv, I thought the graphics were fantastic, one of the best looking games I ever played. Extremely sharp, lighting, textures, reflections were fantastic.

I loved the demo, Controls were easy, especially if you do the training before the demo. I love how the stormtroopers would react when you picked them up. I also loved picking up the tie fighters and throwing them around, the battle against the walker was pretty awesome too.

I cant wait till this game comes out now, I am sold.
Old 08-21-08, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am inbetween you guys on this demo. I posted in the 360 thread that I felt that this demo was for the fanboys to realize it didn't suck and not to convince people to go buy the game if they didn't want to already. All that said I like it the first thought is that it is cool nothing more.
Old 08-21-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
You might want to read the reviews at OXM (7.5) and PTM (7.0) before you finalize that purchase. Both reviewers were really frustrated with aspects of the gameplay that seem very out of date for a next-gen game and said it wasn't as good as some older Star Wars games.
Are those reviews in print Magazines? I couldn't find anything online. I'm still keeping my pre-order. The game has a few things go for it:

1. It's 3rd person -I'm more inclined to give a mediocre 3rd person game a chance than a perfect 10 first-person game. Especially one where you fight with melee weapons and not with guns.

2. It's Star Wars -More specifically it takes place in the Original Trilogy timeline. Shadows of the Empire for Nintendo 64 is my all-time favorite Star Wars game because of the setting and because it's 3rd person.

3. I'm starving for a good 3rd person game. -Grand Theft Auto 4 was a colossal disappointment. Ghostbusters has been delayed till next year. Fallout 3 looks amazing but won't have that till early November.
Old 08-21-08, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I too also loved Shadows and that would be a great game for Arcade
Old 08-21-08, 09:45 PM

100% correct sir. Sub-par next gen graphics and some of the worst controls this generation. I had mild expectations for this game but having it release on every console known to man on the exact same day was not gonna work.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.