Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread Pt. 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-08, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by JM
Yeah, I don't get the love for the LP. I agree that its fret buttons do not feel right. They feel like, well, buttons. Nothing like a real guitar. They are spaced too far apart as well.
JM, let's be real my friend. Neither of these feel like playing a real guitar. They are buttons, not strings. And the RB guitar feels worse. The GH guitar is at least shaped closer and more proportional.
Old 02-27-08, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JM
Now I am stuck on GGaHT, which is a terrible song IMO.
You take that back! GGaHT is an amazing piece of music! I listen to it in my car quite a bit.
Old 02-27-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SC on hard can suck my balls.
Old 02-27-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by TaTTooD
Just wanted to add that anyone having problems with the up and down strumming....a great song to practice on is Attack from 30 Seconds to Mars. If you have it already, great...otherwise I'm not sure if its still one of the 80 point songs or not.
There aren't any 80 point songs any more are there?
Old 02-27-08, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
There aren't any 80 point songs any more are there?
They might be back up to 160 again....I got em a couple months ago when they were still 80. Off the top of my head Blitzkrieg Bop or Go with the Flow should be good to practice on as they have a lot of strumming.

Main Offender has some good parts throughout the song to practice on, but they're kinda split up. That's another option.

Last edited by TaTTooD; 02-27-08 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-27-08, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
No, there aren't any discounted songs at the moment. I just got the game a few weeks ago and when I scrolled through the song list, everything was the same price. I would have paid 80 for those songs, but I've passed on them at full price.
Old 02-27-08, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 732 Likes on 534 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagrath
You take that back! GGaHT is an amazing piece of music! I listen to it in my car quite a bit.
My friends and I openly hate on that song as well as Coheed and Cambria. If there was ever a Band Quickplay song that forced me to back out once I saw what it was, GGaHT is it.

Originally Posted by nevermind
SC on hard can suck my balls.
You're not allowed to berate it unless you tried it on Hard vocals. The you can truly truly despise the fuck out of it. It was the last song I needed to complete on Hard and took me about 17 - 18 tries.
Old 02-27-08, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo
You're not allowed to berate it unless you tried it on Hard vocals. The you can truly truly despise the fuck out of it. It was the last song I needed to complete on Hard and took me about 17 - 18 tries.
I have tried it about 40 times on hard guitar. ONE time I got all the way to 93%. Haven't come close since.

I hate that I can't get to the next tier until I beat it. I wish it never existed.
Old 02-27-08, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by devilshalo
My friends and I openly hate on that song as well as Coheed and Cambria. If there was ever a Band Quickplay song that forced me to back out once I saw what it was, GGaHT is it.

And you're not allowed to berate anything until you work a little harder on your Halo 3 levels.
Old 02-27-08, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by JM
You aren't holding the strum bar on held notes are you? From the above, it sounds like you might be. You should just hold the fret.
Oh.
*whistles innocently*

I thought you had to hold the strum bar. OK, scratch that one.
Old 02-27-08, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I still hold the strum bar down on the long notes a lot of the time. But it's not necessary.
Old 02-27-08, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nevermind
I have tried it about 40 times on hard guitar. ONE time I got all the way to 93%. Haven't come close since.

I hate that I can't get to the next tier until I beat it. I wish it never existed.
At least only your arm, wrists and fingers hurt... I sounded like Peter Brady for a week.
Old 02-27-08, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
And you're not allowed to berate anything until you work a little harder on your Halo 3 levels.
I shall pop Halo 3 in tonight.. and de-flower my disc.
Old 02-28-08, 12:34 AM

I don't quite get why Harmonix was able to obtain licensing for "Welcome Home" by Coheed & Cambria, but not for "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)" which is off the same album, and in fact the next track following "Welcome Home." Kind of disappointing.
Old 02-28-08, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by prp2
I don't quite get why Harmonix was able to obtain licensing for "Welcome Home" by Coheed & Cambria, but not for "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)" which is off the same album, and in fact the next track following "Welcome Home." Kind of disappointing.
It's probably not licensing, it's probably the master track wasn't available or of a quality they could use.
Old 02-28-08, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by lordwow
It's probably not licensing, it's probably the master track wasn't available or of a quality they could use.
It came out in 2005. I'm with prp2, there's something strange about that. Maybe Harmonix wanted both tracks but the band/record company wanted too much for both master tracks. Instead opted for one master on the game disc and got them to go the cover route cheaper for DLC.
Old 02-28-08, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It came out in 2005. I'm with prp2, there's something strange about that. Maybe Harmonix wanted both tracks but the band/record company wanted too much for both master tracks. Instead opted for one master on the game disc and got them to go the cover route cheaper for DLC.
Maybe. I wonder how the success of the DLC will affect future decisions like this by labels. Like, are they paid a commission or a flat fee? If it's a flat fee then it's likely we'll see less and less masters, as they'll want more and more money as it becomes more popular.
Old 02-28-08, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe another company has some sort of exclusive rights deal (not necessarily for a music game though) for the second song.
Old 02-28-08, 05:42 PM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
JM, let's be real my friend. Neither of these feel like playing a real guitar. They are buttons, not strings. And the RB guitar feels worse. The GH guitar is at least shaped closer and more proportional.
The LP is "shaped closer" to what? A Gibson Les Paul, sure. However, the RB Strat is shaped like and more or less proportional to a Fender Stratocaster. The overall size of the RB strat is much closer to a real guitar than the LP. When I play my LP, I feel like I am playing a mandolin or something. Also, the Strat's buttons feel more like real frets than the LP's buttons do and are, for me at least, much easier to hold and slide between without getting "lost." They are simply much more seamlessly part of the neck than the LP's buttons. Finally, perhaps worst of all, is the LP's clicky strum bar. With the RB Strat I just hear the notes I am playing (from my speakers), not a bunch of clicks. Notice how the sound on expert GH YouTube videos often ends up being nothing but furious clicking.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.
Old 02-28-08, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The clicking is definitely bad on the LPs. That is the only downside for me. The worst part of the clicks is that it actually clicks twice for each strum, once when you strum and once when you let go.

I took apart one of my LPs to see if I could remove the clicker, but I didn't see any way to do it. It appears as though someone else figured out how to do it though: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36498. I will definitely be trying that on one of my LPs.
Old 02-28-08, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 209 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
The clicking is definitely bad on the LPs. That is the only downside for me. The worst part of the clicks is that it actually clicks twice for each strum, once when you strum and once when you let go.
That usually happens to me, when I'm strumming harder and the strum bar is "bouncing" back so much it registers another click on the upswing.
Old 02-28-08, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't mean that it registers two strums; I just meant that there were two click sounds for one strum.
Old 02-28-08, 10:51 PM

I was listening to my iPod a bit today and came across an artist that should definitely be in RB...Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers! "Runnin' Down a Dream," "I Won't Back Down" and some others would be pretty sweet. Anyone else agree?
Old 02-28-08, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by prp2
I was listening to my iPod a bit today and came across an artist that should definitely be in RB...Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers! "Runnin' Down a Dream," "I Won't Back Down" and some others would be pretty sweet. Anyone else agree?
Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see his earlier stuff like Refugee, too.
Old 02-28-08, 11:24 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How about some Steve Miller Band? Bungle in the Jungle, baby!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.