Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

ONLY Halo 3 thread - part deux.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amped
Spoiler:
The beginning of the last level, Halo, when you're working your way up, no?
No the other poster was talking about the level before that.
Old 10-26-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, with the flood the basic tip is to not try to kill everything just try to advance. Another thing that helped me there was that I was walking just behind the arbiter, so he was kinda of cleaning the path for me.
Old 10-26-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
I played a couple of minutes last night and made some progress. I hate this level. It's not fun and it feels claustrophobic to me. I hate the colors too - makes me want to puke.

PS - the flamethrower is sweet! First time I've seen that weapon in this game.
Old 10-26-07, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Raul3
Yeah, with the flood the basic tip is to not try to kill everything just try to advance. Another thing that helped me there was that I was walking just behind the arbiter, so he was kinda of cleaning the path for me.
You can usually avoid the small ant-like guys all together.
Old 10-26-07, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
The the hell is going on with multiplayer lag issues? For three fucking days now i can't finish a god damn game. My guy dies, and I lay there without the clock, score, or my guy moving for like 2 minutes. When I finally spawn again, the score and clock update, I have about 5 more deaths, and it happens again. While I'm laying face down in my blood for 2 minutes, I hear the game still going on, guys talking, and I can see them running around. WTF? I actually had one game this afternoon that I could finish, but the same thing happened to a guy on my team. He was asking if everyone else was still playing and that he was stuck on the scoring screen forever. The other team actually quit, probably because they had the same problem.

WTF is going on? Anyone else having these, or lag problems?

Also, how do I clean/dump my cache at startup?
Old 10-26-07, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Might be you. I played about 10 games tonight with various parties and it was lag free.
Old 10-26-07, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Yeah that sounds like an issue on your end.
Old 10-27-07, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, on June 11th I replied to a thread on here about speed tests. My download speed was an impressive 12mb. I just ran the test again and it was 204kb. I called Comcast and they can't get here until Tuesday No online until at least Tuesday...brutal. I wish I was getting GH3 on Sunday, but I preordered it at CC so I may not get it before Tuesday/Wednesday.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-27-07, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
Well, on June 11th I replied to a thread on here about speed tests. My download speed was an impressive 12mb. I just ran the test again and it was 204kb. I called Comcast and they can't get here until Tuesday No online until at least Tuesday...brutal. I wish I was getting GH3 on Sunday, but I preordered it at CC so I may not get it before Tuesday/Wednesday.

Thanks guys.

Did you try unplugging the power cable on your Cable or DSL modem or router? I do that sometimes when things get a little wonky and it seems to helps.
Old 10-27-07, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I tried all that. When I talked to Comcast, he sent a ping and when it came back, he said "ouch, we'll have someone out as soon as possible". What's weird is, until last night, it was only lagging during the day. When I played in the evening it was fine. Yesterday just sucked all day.
Old 10-27-07, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Any tips for multiplayer. I do pretty well in Lone Wolves and Team Slayer but would like to improve my game. In a match to 50, I will usually get about 10-15 kills on average and my kill/death ratio is usually in the +. However, I still would like to boost my skills.

I know one hole in my game is that I will get to fancy with grenades instead of just shooting. I am pretty sick with sticking people though.
Old 10-27-07, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ElementZ
Any tips for multiplayer. I do pretty well in Lone Wolves and Team Slayer but would like to improve my game. In a match to 50, I will usually get about 10-15 kills on average and my kill/death ratio is usually in the +. However, I still would like to boost my skills.

I know one hole in my game is that I will get to fancy with grenades instead of just shooting. I am pretty sick with sticking people though.
Lone Wolves and having a positive k/d is what will make you a better killer. The next stage in getting good is to get a group you play with regularly and focus on communication. A mediocre team with good communication can destroy a good team with poor communication. Focus on shouting out targets and concentrating your fire with a partner on another target.

Lone Wolves though, is the best place to practice solo.
Old 10-27-07, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by xmiyux
A mediocre team with good communication can destroy a good team with poor communication.
Truth. I finally played some matches last night to up my exp. Usually with my friends on Live we are decent - to good. Communication is what hurts us. Last night I had four friends over(all in the same room) and the five of us hopped on. In three hours I think we only lost maybe 3 matches. We were like a totally different squad being able to communicate like that. Screen watching helped a bunch too.

I think our highest player is around a 15 and we were toppling teams at level 30 and a couple in the 40's. Totally different squad.
Old 10-28-07, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by xmiyux
A mediocre team with good communication can destroy a good team with poor communication.
Truth. I finally played some matches last night to up my exp. Usually with my friends on Live we are decent - to good. Communication is what hurts us. Last night I had four friends over(all in the same room) and the five of us hopped on. In three hours I think we only lost maybe 3 matches. We were like a totally different squad being able to communicate like that. Screen watching helped a bunch too.

I think our highest player is around a 15 and we were toppling teams at level 30 and a couple in the 40's. Totally different squad.
Old 10-28-07, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

You know, one thing that annoys the hell out of me is in team games you always get guys who hop on vehicles and don't bother waiting for you to get on. I see this happen even in games were people know each other. Taking off alone in vehicles that can take more than one person, especially vehicles with guns seems silly.
Old 10-31-07, 08:47 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

<object width="464" height="392"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.break.com/MzkwNTY1"></param><embed src="http://embed.break.com/MzkwNTY1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="464" height="392"></embed></object>
Old 10-31-07, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,075 Likes on 650 Posts
Okay...a friend and I finished the campaign last night on legendary. We went thru the whole game thru online co-op.

After finishing, we got our achievement/points for finishing the last level but didn't get the big points for finishing the game on legendary. I went back and checked and there are three levels that we played thru that they did not give us the achievement/points for. We had to finish those levels to get to the other levels to finish the game? WTF?

I know the points/achievements don't mean anything but they would still be nice to have since we finished the game on legendary. Has this happened to anyone else?

Looks like we have to go back thru on legendary on those 3 levels again. Dammit.
Old 10-31-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Flay...that pretty damn funny. Now I have that simple tune stuck in my head.
Old 10-31-07, 09:17 AM

Brian, that happened to me. I think if you stop mid level and then restart a mission from anywhere besides mission start you won't get an achievement for it. I was playing on normal and did level 3 in two parts and didn't get an acheivement for it. When I finished the campaign I for the acheivement for the last level but not for beating the game, not until I went back and played though all of level 3 from start to finish. Tis a pain.
Old 10-31-07, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's what I thought glasschicken. Thanks for the confirmation. Well, that blows. What sucks is my buddy could care less about achievement/points so now I have to convince him to go back thru for those three levels. Guess I could make it different by finding the skulls on those levels as well. Doo-doo!
Old 10-31-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Halloween Living Dead(Infection) Playlist is fun as hell. I never got into it when it was a custom game in H2. Below is a picture of me as the Last Man Standing. I'm on top with all those zombie bastards trying to get to me. I should had stayed still instead of teasing one of my buddies i was playing with(he ended up "infecting" me). I could had stayed alive till the end of the round if i had, since they couldn't figure out how to get up there.

Old 10-31-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by glasschicken
Brian, that happened to me. I think if you stop mid level and then restart a mission from anywhere besides mission start you won't get an achievement for it. I was playing on normal and did level 3 in two parts and didn't get an acheivement for it. When I finished the campaign I for the acheivement for the last level but not for beating the game, not until I went back and played though all of level 3 from start to finish. Tis a pain.
I stopped in the middle of missions and got the achievements. I also failed to get an achievement for one that I played in one sitting.
Old 10-31-07, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Well, my skills in Halo 3 were a bit rusty after three weeks away. Luckily, I think I might get them back but some of my friends are way ahead of me in rank.
Old 10-31-07, 09:53 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Originally Posted by The Bus
Well, my skills in Halo 3 were a bit rusty after three weeks away. Luckily, I think I might get them back but some of my friends are way ahead of me in rank.
I actually took like a week and a half off and I was ripping through people last night when i fired it up! I was kind of surprised. In a team slayer I got 12 kills in a row, 23 total and died only 3 times, my average life span was 2:08! I swear to god I've never done THAT good before. Maybe I should stop playing more often!
Old 11-01-07, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
It seems there are a lot of bugs for me. I haven't been credited points for some of the skulls i have found and also for passing level 7 even though I have already beaten the game anybody have any ideas? anybody else have this problem and fixed it by now???????

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.