ONLY Halo 3 thread - part deux.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-07, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[budweiser commercial voice]I love you, man![budweiser commercial voice]
Old 10-18-07, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
I will say that playing Team Doubles with strangers can be tough. Tried 3 games today. One guy got one kill, one guy got zero kills, & the other guy obviously got up and left his Xbox running in matchmaking as he didn't move an inch the entire game. Some teamwork.

Damn SteelgearX, do you ever play when the sun is shining? I think SteelgearX is our resident vampire. The man only plays after midnight, then logs off around 3am for dinner. So what are you sucking on at 3am?

I plan to add some more of you guys to my friend's list so you may see some invites from me. Don't be afraid, I stink...but not too bad. I tend to warm up by the time I am ready to quit and go to bed.
Well, I have a few difficulties playing earlier than midnight.

1) I work a few nights a week until 11pm-11:30pm.
2) I have a wife. Somehow she has this idea in her head that the other nights I'm not working I need to spend with her.
3) I have a daughter. She's 2. She talks a lot. Which sucks when you're trying to watch a cut scene. She also needs a lot of attention. Which sucks when you're actually trying to play the game.

So, I'm a family man by day, gamer at night. No sleep in between.
Old 10-18-07, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SteelgearX
Well, I have a few difficulties playing earlier than midnight.
So, I'm a family man by day, gamer at night. No sleep in between.
That's most of the guys on this forum, me included.
Old 10-18-07, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep, like edstein said, that is most of my friend's list. That was actually one of the things that drew my current clan together. Most of us are 30+, married, many with kids. We have a couple singles and some whippersnappers but the majority are just like you described.
Old 10-18-07, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Movie industry analysts have blamed the poor performance of Ben Stiller romantic comedy The Heartbreak Kid on the disruptive influence of the Halo 3 launch...
"The audience on this game is the 18-to-34 demographic, similar to what you'd see in cinemas,"
Yeah, because we all know that 18 to 34 year old males is who beats down the door to see Ben Still romantic comedies... these analysts are a bunch of idiots.

Last edited by sniper308; 10-18-07 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-18-07, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Yep, like edstein said, that is most of my friend's list. That was actually one of the things that drew my current clan together. Most of us are 30+, married, many with kids. We have a couple singles and some whippersnappers but the majority are just like you described.
Which is (I think) why most of us here understand each other and get along so well. It's nice having like-minded people to play with online.
Old 10-18-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tell me about it.

Last night I was playing campaign with my 18 months old daughter sleeping in my arms.
Old 10-18-07, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've dreaded every random Halo 3 match I have joined so far. Nothing compares to playing with fellow forum members. I'm not even sure at 16 I would of wanted to play with the whiny 16 year old bitches this game attracts. I know at 30 I can't stand those little pricks and I avoid them at all costs.
Old 10-19-07, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
I'm one of the few without kids from around here, I think. I'm just a night owl. Am married though...that combined with work usually puts me on later.
Old 10-19-07, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts
Yeah, I definitely prefer playing with the guys around here than random matching. I have heard people bitch before about Live and playing with obnoxious kids who scream and cuss all the time (eg. H.I.) but I just tell about my (usually) good experiences.

There is the opposite end of this too...I have played with 30 year old guys with kids like us that take the games way too seriously and they can suck the fun out of playing. I like to be competitive and work as a team but sometimes things don't always go your way or work out. I was playing with a friend of a friend the other day and he got his panties in a wad because our team of 4 wasn't doing exactly what he wanted us to do. Our stats were decent but we were also playing some tough opponents. He just quit after screaming about it during the matches without saying a word.

If you don't have the balls to say goodbye and you just sign off pissed because things aren't going your way, then you need to take a deep breath and remember it's just a game. Let's talk strategy but don't scream at your fellow players (unless they are H.I.).

That's why most people who have "Pro" in their gamer description won't last long in my friends list.

I was playing Uno the other day and some 12 to 13 year-old kid was cussing and screaming the entire match. It was fun to see the other 2 players & I band together to throw every Draw 4 & Draw 2 we could on the little asshole even if it meant them losing the game.
Old 10-19-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd

I was playing Uno the other day and some 12 to 13 year-old kid was cussing and screaming the entire match. It was fun to see the other 2 players & I band together to throw every Draw 4 & Draw 2 we could on the little asshole even if it meant them losing the game.
Awesome.
Old 10-19-07, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What the dilly for tonight. I am going out for beers at the local sports bar but should be on around midnight (est). Should be an easy kill depending on my consumption of boilermakers.
Old 10-19-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
I was playing a team slayer match last night and this guy, who sounded like the vulture from the Bugs Bunny cartoon, was barking out commands on what our strategy should be and screamed at everyone the whole time that we ignored his askings. The funny this is, we were playing Snowbound & he kept yelling "Get in the tunnels". I prefer being above ground on the level, so I stayed put. Him & his buddy would go into the tunnels and bang, red X, red X. Of course it was my fault for not 'listening to his orders', lol.
Old 10-19-07, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,804 Likes on 1,127 Posts
Most of the time I prefer screaming cussing 12 year olds to the, Older "takes Halo waaay to fuckin' seriously" guy. At least the kids can be kinda funny at times, and you can have some fun making fun of them in a friendly way. More often than not, they can take your ribbing them in stride and it's all good because they're just having fun. Which, I think, is the point right?

The older "pro pricks" who've been playing Halo all day everyday since it came out often think they're gods and treat others like shit. And as mentioned above, they take all the fun out of a game. You meet this kinda of cocksucker on games like Rainbow Six:Vegas and other military type games all the time.

Fuck 'em all... Pro Pricks

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-19-07 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10-19-07, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
You meet this kinda of cocksucker on games like Rainbow Six:Vegas and other military type games all the time.

Fuck 'em all... Pro Pricks
Yeah, that is why I usually stay away from Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon games. People take them too serious and it sucks the fun right out of it.
Old 10-19-07, 08:45 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I've dreaded every random Halo 3 match I have joined so far. Nothing compares to playing with fellow forum members. I'm not even sure at 16 I would of wanted to play with the whiny 16 year old bitches this game attracts. I know at 30 I can't stand those little pricks and I avoid them at all costs.
I'm in your boat Master. Just hit the 30 mark and can't stand to play against kids. I have a few kids on my friends list but otherwise the Mute button is the best invention ever. I play to have fun and just hate listening to kids scream or sing while playing. And yes, the people who take the game too seriously are annoying too.

At any rate add me if you want to team up some time and beat up on a bunch of kids
GT: Paradoxx21

Last edited by Dragon Fly; 10-19-07 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-21-07, 09:02 AM

Is it possible to to set up a private chat with at least 2 other people in your party or friend's list? I know there's a voice option to only be heard and speak to whoever is on your team.

Me and a friend were able to do this the other night and only spoke/heard each other during matches, last night I was trying to figure out how to set that up with one more person, couldn't do it. Figures, the 3 of us jump into a big team battle and the first thing we hear in the lobby from some random players on our team are things a guy can do with his balls.
Old 10-21-07, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by amped
Is it possible to to set up a private chat with at least 2 other people in your party or friend's list? I know there's a voice option to only be heard and speak to whoever is on your team.

Me and a friend were able to do this the other night and only spoke/heard each other during matches, last night I was trying to figure out how to set that up with one more person, couldn't do it. Figures, the 3 of us jump into a big team battle and the first thing we hear in the lobby from some random players on our team are things a guy can do with his balls.
I believe you can do it if you go to each individual's gamercard and send them an invitation to a private chat. Takes a while to set up and get it to load though...
Old 10-21-07, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Well, I finished the fight today. Overall I'd have to say that I'm disappointed in the campain. I think this is my least favorite of the 3. I know the game is more of an on-line game, but the campain was too short, and too easy. Maybe just too short. I broke out of Metroid to play Halo 3. Now I can't wait to go back and play Metroid. A better game with better controls.
Old 10-21-07, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by parrotheads4
Well, I finished the fight today. Overall I'd have to say that I'm disappointed in the campain. I think this is my least favorite of the 3. I know the game is more of an on-line game, but the campain was too short, and too easy. Maybe just too short. I broke out of Metroid to play Halo 3. Now I can't wait to go back and play Metroid. A better game with better controls.
What setting were you playing on?
Old 10-21-07, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My one friend called and got me out of bed around 10 am this morning to tell me to come on and play a few games. I hop on and party up with my 2 best friends and then proceeded to get matched up with people WAY beyond our rank. We got slaughtered. I should of stayed in bed.
Old 10-22-07, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by joey791
Yeah we played doubles earlier tonite and one game the two guys hid in the same corner the whole game with the swords, sniper rifle, and rocket launcher, we lost needless to say, I hate people that wont play that camp in one spot. I have been finding alot of people like to camp the jump points from one floor to another also.
Nades.
Old 10-22-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by joey791
It was a corner in the pit if you tried to throw nades they would snipe you
I would go with the Battle Rifle then. Unless they're superb with no scope shots, knocking the snipe out of zoom should help.
Old 10-22-07, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
For anyone interested, I'll be playing some multiplayer tonight with my brother and his friend. I plan on jumping online at/just after 10PM Central.
Old 10-22-07, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by lordwow
I would go with the Battle Rifle then. Unless they're superb with no scope shots, knocking the snipe out of zoom should help.
Or you could go with optic cammo. Or rockets. Or sneak up around them. It's easy if you have some teammates to draw the sniper fire one way while you sneak up around them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.