Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ninja Gaiden 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-07, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
That video killed my enthusiasm for that game. Maybe I'll just play through NGB again and wait for the new one to hit the bargain bins.
Old 09-16-07, 07:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
That video killed my enthusiasm for that game. Maybe I'll just play through NGB again and wait for the new one to hit the bargain bins.
What didn't you like about it? I watched the video and said to myself "2008 can't get here quick enough."
Old 09-16-07, 08:23 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by taffer
I wonder if you will still be able to buy potions though. From watching that TGS video, it doesn't look like health regenerates during battle, only once battle is finished. For normal battles this isn't bad, since I hardly ever use healing potions during normal battle anyway, but what about boss battles? Not being able to heal yourself during a boss battle would be very difficult. Imagine fighting Alma without using any health potions.
God, you're right, I didn't even think about that.

Yeah, the second boss in the game is the make-it-or-break-it point of the game where the real ninjas are separated from the rest of the losers. Almost every one that gives up on the game gives up at this exact point.
I never thought that boss was all that hard, just kind of a grind. Now, Alma, that's one tough bitch.
Old 09-16-07, 08:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I never thought that boss was all that hard, just kind of a grind. Now, Alma, that's one tough bitch.

Yeah, Alma is the hardest boss for me. First time I fought her, I lasted a grand total of 5 seconds. I fought her again and lasted maybe 10 seconds longer. Third time, I actually managed to hit her once before she killed me. I finally killed her on about my tenth try. Then, later on, you have to fight Alma Version 2 and that was even worse. I have beaten Very Hard mode, but for the life of me, I cannot get past Alma v2 on Master Ninja mode.

I agree the horse riding boss is easy. The only two bosses that are easier are the blob thing with tentacles and the slug in the ice level. For what I have seen, most people that say the game is hard play the game by just mashing on the attack buttons as fast as possible like they do in other action games of this nature (ie God of War). It's no wonder they suck.

Last edited by taffer; 09-17-07 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-20-08, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess this will serve as the official thread.

I am very underwhelmed after watching the video on Live. The graphics look noticeably worse than Sigma for the PS3. I hope it was just the quality of the video.
Old 03-28-08, 12:44 PM

Demo coming in May:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/spla...n2/default.htm
Old 06-02-08, 02:48 PM

So who all is buying this game? I hope it is as good as the one from the original xbox
Old 06-02-08, 02:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by House
So who all is buying this game? I hope it is as good as the one from the original xbox

I am a hardcore NG fanatic. I played through the Xbox one at least a dozen times before I stopped counting. I won't buy NG2 right away though since I never pay full price for games.
Old 06-02-08, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I'll buy this game when I finish the original, which I still own. Translation: never.

I got tired of the original when I spent about 30 minutes fighting guys in a room in the dojo very early in the game. Eventually I died. I hadn't realized that they were spawning endlessly and just thought the game was that hard. I gave it one more chance but it just never caught on with me.

I never finished NG or PoP from the last-gen games and those were supposed to be the some of the best ones for the series.
Old 06-02-08, 04:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Bus
I got tired of the original when I spent about 30 minutes fighting guys in a room in the dojo very early in the game. Eventually I died. I hadn't realized that they were spawning endlessly and just thought the game was that hard. I gave it one more chance but it just never caught on with me.
They don't spawn endlessly. There are 5 or 6 waves, and then they stop coming. There are no endless spawn points in the game.

I think it is a safe bet to assume that the reason you are having trouble this early in the game is because you are not blocking at all. Learning how to block is mandatory in Ninja Gaiden. If you don't have a good defense, you will die. Just mashing on the buttons and hoping for the best is a recipe for disaster in NG.
Old 06-02-08, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Just mashing on the buttons and hoping for the best is a recipe for disaster in NG.
So what if I was doing that?
Old 06-02-08, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Bus
So what if I was doing that?
You won't get the past the dojo in the first level.
Old 06-02-08, 07:06 PM

This whole game is about blocking, counters, and dodging, if you do those three things this game becomes cake, i played NGB on Very Hard and thought it was nicely challenging. Still cant do Master Ninja though.
Old 06-02-08, 08:03 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The demo will be up tomorrow.
Old 06-02-08, 08:08 PM

sweet
Old 06-03-08, 03:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RForte1189
This whole game is about blocking, counters, and dodging, if you do those three things this game becomes cake
That's what I always say. NG is all about defense. If you play defensively, the game is easy even on normal mode.

The problem is that most gamers aren't attuned to playing action games defensively. For most action games, you can completely ignore the block button and still be successful. Most gamers tend to play action games as button mashers where you just mash on the attack keys as fast as possible. You definitely can't button mash NG and expect to get anywhere though.

I always call Ninja Gaiden a "ninja simulator" because it actually teaches you to play skillfully rather than to just be another button masher. By the end of NG, you truly do feel like a ninja.

i played NGB on Very Hard and thought it was nicely challenging. Still cant do Master Ninja though.
Yeah, I play on Very Hard too. Alma in Master Ninja mode kicks my ass though. The first form of Alma is as far as I have ever gotten in Master Ninja.
Old 06-03-08, 08:41 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well there is an update on the demo from Major Nelson. Looks like no demo today.

So this is the edit where I get to feel like an ass. As many of you know, I never usually post information about a demo until it is actually available on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Well, with this post I went against that little voice in my head and gave you a heads up. I just received an email that proves I should have listened to that voice. It turns out the demo will NOT be available in Canada and the U.S. (in addition to India and Germany as noted above.) I don’t know when a demo will be available for the other regions, but hopefully it will be by the end of the week (as originally stated.) My apologies. You can be sure that I am going to have a a few conversations with a some people about this.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/...mo-update.aspx
Old 06-03-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mok
Well there is an update on the demo from Major Nelson. Looks like no demo today.

So this is the edit where I get to feel like an ass. As many of you know, I never usually post information about a demo until it is actually available on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Well, with this post I went against that little voice in my head and gave you a heads up. I just received an email that proves I should have listened to that voice. It turns out the demo will NOT be available in Canada and the U.S. (in addition to India and Germany as noted above.) I don’t know when a demo will be available for the other regions, but hopefully it will be by the end of the week (as originally stated.) My apologies. You can be sure that I am going to have a a few conversations with a some people about this.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/...mo-update.aspx
If it's available on the Japanese Marketplace, then just make a Japanese account and download it from there. I haven't been on my JPN account in a while, so not sure if it's up there. I'll go check and edit this post.

EDIT: It's there, but you've gotta be gold to get it. By the time it goes to Silver, the full game'll be out here.

Last edited by Shagrath; 06-03-08 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-03-08, 11:17 AM

Who cares about the demo at this point? The game is out today.
Old 06-03-08, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts
I do. I'm not going to buy it until I confirm that the game plays as well as the previous one(s).
Old 06-03-08, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good point. Also, once a movie hit theaters, all trailers should be burned and commercials shouldn't exist for products you can already buy.
Old 06-03-08, 12:22 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Shut up, cheap Americans! Can't afford to buy new Ninja Gaiden game sight unseen?!? Take second job!!!
Old 06-03-08, 12:23 PM
Banned

Yeah, I don't think a demo is a big deal. Other than the regenerating health system, nothing has changed from the Xbox original. It is just more of the same. The developers didn't even bother to fix the wonky camera. All the reviews say that it is still using the exact same camera that everyone hated the first time around. So if you loved NG1, you will love NG2. If you hated NG1, you will hate NG2.
Old 06-03-08, 12:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Groucho
Shut up, cheap Americans! Can't afford to buy new Ninja Gaiden game sight unseen?!? Take second job!!!
NG2 is a Microsoft game, not a Sony one....
Old 06-03-08, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Groucho

Very good one!

I like this Groucho much better than the serious one from a few weeks back.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.