Reload this Page >

The Official Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Thread

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-15-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, the final chapter of the Metroid Prime trilogy releases in just under two weeks. I personally can not wait for the game, as Metroid Prime was my first Metroid game, and I simply fell in love with it. Metroid Prime 2, I felt, was inferior to it's predecssor, as the light/dark world thing was just too contrived. Thankfully, it looks like rRetro learned from that misstep. Also, this chapter will, of course, use the Wiimote controls, which have been said to be nearly flawless in execution. Also, many more new additions to the game have been put in, including exploring different planets, being able to call your ship(possibly actually fly it?), and a welcome addition from the old games, being able to stack your beams. There are four videos up for download on the Wii Shop Channel, also. As well, Metroid became available for download on the Virtual Console this past Monday, and Super Metroid will be available this Monday, which I can't wait for.

Also, a funny story while on the subject. I put in Metroid Prime today to get excited for MP3, and I could not play it due to not having the Wiimote controls. I kept wanting to move the controller around. I'll be glad when I can aim with the Wiimote with MP3.

So, enough rambling, who else can't wait to get corrupted?
Old 08-15-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This game is the reason I bought a Wii.
Old 08-15-07, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 248 Likes on 185 Posts
I want this one bad, but with its release sandwiched between Bioshock and Halo, it will have to wait until Christmas.
Old 08-15-07, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts
Very much looking forward to this one. Up until this past weekend I hadn't turned on my Wii since finishing Zelda. I just hooked up the component cables that I bought a long time ago and replaced the wiimote batteries.
Old 08-15-07, 12:42 PM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I've preordered this, everything looks to be done right. Nintendo is doing a great job at marketing this to us right on our Wiis.
Old 08-15-07, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Also, a funny story while on the subject. I put in Metroid Prime today to get excited for MP3, and I could not play it due to not having the Wiimote controls. I kept wanting to move the controller around. I'll be glad when I can aim with the Wiimote with MP3.
This actually worries me. Will MP3 control so well that it'll make MP1&2 unenjoyable after-the-fact? I'd like to think not, but I have to expect they will, at the very least, seem much slower and tame in comparison.

If MP3 blows the top off the sales charts and proves how games like this can and should be controlled, maybe we'll get Wiimakes of MP1&2 with the updated control scheme. Director's cuts with more intensive battles even.

I'm totally excited about this game, especially after seeing the Aurora video yesterday!

Super Metroid should be a blast next week too since I haven't played that one in years.
Old 08-15-07, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

it will most definitely ruin the previous titles. this is based on the controls for games like Scarface, Godfather, and RE4.
Old 08-15-07, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
If MP3 blows the top off the sales charts and proves how games like this can and should be controlled, maybe we'll get Wiimakes of MP1&2 with the updated control scheme. Director's cuts with more intensive battles even.
All I'm hoping for is that this will join the ranks of Zelda Extreme, Resident Evil 4, Godfather (from what I've heard) and other solid games that really make great use of the Wii remote for a more traditional game and help lead the second year of Wii titles to great heights. It's been a rough first year thanks to all of the shovelware.
Old 08-15-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts
I'm going to sit this one out until user reviews become available. Echoes received solid critical reviews, but was a hugely disappointing game imho, which was reflected in user/gamer feedback. I hope it doesn't bleed over into Corruption, as the original Prime is one of my favorite games.
Old 08-15-07, 02:02 PM
Banned by request

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got this one pre-ordered. Although I don't know if I'll be done with Bioshock when it comes out.
Old 08-15-07, 05:38 PM

I didn't realize this game was coming out so soon! I'm definitely picking it up when it comes out, I love MP.

(Yeah I'm finally back!)
Old 08-15-07, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looking forward to it!
Old 08-15-07, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 161 Likes on 103 Posts
< Kinda interested.
Old 08-16-07, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Very excited for another Prime...and I love the prospect of remaking 1 + 2 with Wii controls.
Old 08-16-07, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
I can't wait for it either. I really wonder if we will notice an upgrade on the visuals or not. Hopefully so. I hope I won't get sick from it though.

I for one loved Echoes. I thought it was awesome how difficult it was. I loved the return of the screw attack. I didn't really feel compelled to complete it %100 though like I did Prime.

Why aren't there any preorder bonuses for this one? Nintendo seems to have either really good preorders or none at all. Come on throw us a bone over here. Both this and Zelda really deserve preorder bonuses.

Anyone else with me?
Old 08-16-07, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by tanman
I can't wait for it either. I really wonder if we will notice an upgrade on the visuals or not.
From the previews I really haven't been able to... kinda disappointed in that regard. It just looks too bright and plain to me... but I'll definitely pick it up.

Even though I didn't actually finish the first I loved it, didn't play the second. I hope they pull a RE4 and re-release those as well - nice way to experience older titles again.

I'm hoping Fry's has a sale price on this...
Old 08-16-07, 04:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cannot wait!
Old 08-16-07, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow...this and Bioshock back to back. Social life...I'll see you in a couple of months.
Old 08-16-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to have to play this towards the middle of September due to Labor Day weekend camping then a weeklong roadtrip, but I'll be thinking about it the whole time

Anyone order this from Family Video?
Old 08-16-07, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by steebo777
Anyone order this from Family Video?
I did and I don't expect it until a week after B&M shops get it. So I'll probably have to buy it early and return the FV shipment when it arrives. I just can't force myself to wait like I did with Strikers.
Old 08-16-07, 09:06 AM

is there split screen mp?
Old 08-16-07, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
I did and I don't expect it until a week after B&M shops get it. So I'll probably have to buy it early and return the FV shipment when it arrives. I just can't force myself to wait like I did with Strikers.
I did sort of the same thing with MP2. I knew Fry's would have it for something like $40 (back when they actually had deals on new games) but I just ate the extra $10 to get it Monday night from Gamestop. The really stupid part is that I was moving that week and basically didn't even get to play it until the weekend anyway. But I got to touch it early, so it was worth it.
Old 08-16-07, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
is there split screen mp?
No multiplayer at all (essentially taking the game back to its roots).
Old 08-16-07, 09:27 AM

you mean side-scrolling platformer?
Old 08-16-07, 09:31 AM

I mean that last two Metroid Prime games were hindered by adding multiplayer when (imho) the time would have been better spent polishing the single-player experience.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.