Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Microsoft Surprisingly Admits That ALL Xbox 360s Are Defective

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-07, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coffin arrived today and I immediately packed it up and ran it to the UPS Store down the road. I know there is hope I may get it back before I leave for the holiday but I'm not holding my breath. I guess the Wii will travel with me again this year.
Old 12-11-07, 04:12 PM
RVP

I just called back today after calling on 11-26 and not yet getting a coffin. I was told my repair was"not processed correctly" and they will send me a new box. Great, I guess having it by xmas is out of the question now.
maybee I will get lucky and get a Hdmi unit.
Old 12-12-07, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
When I tracked my empty box on UPS.com the shipping method clearly said 3 Day Shipping but I realize that turned out to mean jack shit.

ah, i see... yeah, it took me a week to get the empty box... TX to NY, so, i guess it's fairly reasonable, but still not fast enough
Old 12-12-07, 11:52 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems like a lot of people are having problems when they call in to get help. I did my entire process through Xbox.com and never had a single problem. Perhaps that's the easier way.
Old 12-12-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so, did you register the new X360?
Old 12-12-07, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Seems like a lot of people are having problems when they call in to get help. I did my entire process through Xbox.com and never had a single problem. Perhaps that's the easier way.
I guess it must be easier to create a work order than it is to check the status of an order.

When I first called to get my coffin shipped to me the guy mentioned about checking the status online which I knew about. After waiting for my coffin for a few days I tried to log on the service part of their site. It took my personal info but my serial number never took. When I called them up a few days later to ask about the status of my coffin I asked if their was a problem with the site or if I was doing something wrong. She said nothing would show up since they haven't received my system yet.

It makes sense in one way but they can't start a work order without knowing the serial number for your system so technically once you have created a work order and get a reference number.....your serial number should be in the system. Seemed like a dumb system to me. They should just ask for your reference number since it is clear that it is more important than your serial number.
Old 12-14-07, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
So has anyone had a falcon one go bad?
Old 12-14-07, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

heehee, i see you're doing some homework here eh? I don't think it matters if you have the falcon or not, chances are you still gonna get the RRoD. Like i said, my unit died not from overheating. I'm pretty sure my X360 is functional, the RRoD is just a "barrier" MS put on to make sure i'm not doing anything they don't want me to do (like not renewing the on-line membership, the one free month came with the system expired, the system dies shortly after the reminding e-mail, see my point?)
Old 12-14-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I called yet again because I am still unable check the status of my repair on the support site. I CD agent I got this time was by far the most difficult one I've had to deal with yet. I had to repeat myself over and over again to get anywhere. I was told my console in the system at the repair center but when I mentioned that I was able to check the status on the page I was told that it might be because my console had not yet been received when I last checked. I told her I checked again while she had me on hold and it must of went in one ear and right out the other because she proceeded to recap everything she told me and then asked if there was anything else I needed help with.
Old 12-14-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow, just got a letter from Microsoft. If you purchased the 1 year or 2 year extended warranty, it is added to the 3 year RROD warranty.

Quote:

For example, if you purchased a 1 year Microsoft Extended Service Contract, your Xbox 360 console would be covered for an additional 1 year after the date that your original 1 year warranty expires for a total of 2 years; and 1 additional year after the three year warranty for 3 Flashing Red Lights expires, for a total of 4 years, should you ever experience that particular failure.

Last edited by hail2dking; 12-14-07 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-14-07, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Argh!

Got the RROD this afternoon.

Originally bought the 360 in Dec. '06, but I got the RROD within minutes of plugging it in. CC replaced with a new unit that evening. 12 months later, almost to the day, this one died on me, too.

Sending it to CC tomorrow via UPS.

If there's any silver lining at all to this, I beat COD4 two days ago.
Old 12-15-07, 11:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hail2dking
wow, just got a letter from Microsoft. If you purchased the 1 year or 2 year extended warranty, it is added to the 3 year RROD warranty.

Quote:

For example, if you purchased a 1 year Microsoft Extended Service Contract, your Xbox 360 console would be covered for an additional 1 year after the date that your original 1 year warranty expires for a total of 2 years; and 1 additional year after the three year warranty for 3 Flashing Red Lights expires, for a total of 4 years, should you ever experience that particular failure.
Got that letter today too. Sweet.
Old 12-17-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I called yet again because I am still unable check the status of my repair on the support site. I CD agent I got this time was by far the most difficult one I've had to deal with yet. I had to repeat myself over and over again to get anywhere. I was told my console in the system at the repair center but when I mentioned that I was able to check the status on the page I was told that it might be because my console had not yet been received when I last checked. I told her I checked again while she had me on hold and it must of went in one ear and right out the other because she proceeded to recap everything she told me and then asked if there was anything else I needed help with.

Isn't that info available when you call the 1800 number from the phone number you registered for the repair? I don't need to talk to a real person... basically the male computer voice told me that they got my damaged X360 and now in the process of repairing it (yeah right).

Well, anyhow, everything can be screwy, so yeah, i don't blame you for looking deeper into your status.

Man, i'm not not gonna get it before Christmas... five days for the box, four days for shipping it back, sigh, another week for repairs... All this time, no e-mails, no mails, no calls, you gotta check everything yourself.
Old 12-17-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ocelot
Isn't that info available when you call the 1800 number from the phone number you registered for the repair? I don't need to talk to a real person... basically the male computer voice told me that they got my damaged X360 and now in the process of repairing it (yeah right).

Well, anyhow, everything can be screwy, so yeah, i don't blame you for looking deeper into your status.

Man, i'm not not gonna get it before Christmas... five days for the box, four days for shipping it back, sigh, another week for repairs... All this time, no e-mails, no mails, no calls, you gotta check everything yourself.
The automated voice finally gave me the line about it entering the repair process yesterday. I just wasn't sure if that meant it was finally taken to where they work on the consoles and mine was placed at the back of the line....or what. The CS people are just so fucking hard to understand at times. I'll get a person now and then and each time they talk I have to piece the few words I did understand together and try to figure out what they might of said. When they ship it out finally there is no way in hell I am going to be able to have someone read me the tracking number and get the damn thing right.

I had heard that the actual repair process goes by pretty fast once they "start working on it". If it takes more than a few days total for the repairs then I guess my stack of games will unplayed till well after the holiday.
Old 12-17-07, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, getting a "cool" CS operator is hit or miss... I just wish that the whole repair process update you via e-mail or phone with the current status. I mean they took your contact info like e-mail and phone #. I'm gonna call them again tonight and see where things are. I don't think they "repair" anything on the weekends (just like UPS shipping status).
Old 12-17-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The automated voice finally gave me the line about it entering the repair process yesterday. I just wasn't sure if that meant it was finally taken to where they work on the consoles and mine was placed at the back of the line....or what. The CS people are just so fucking hard to understand at times. I'll get a person now and then and each time they talk I have to piece the few words I did understand together and try to figure out what they might of said. When they ship it out finally there is no way in hell I am going to be able to have someone read me the tracking number and get the damn thing right.

I had heard that the actual repair process goes by pretty fast once they "start working on it". If it takes more than a few days total for the repairs then I guess my stack of games will unplayed till well after the holiday.
That wasn't my experience at all, each time i called (once to start the process, a second time to check status, and a final time to get the tracking number of the shipment coming back to me), I got someone who was capable of giving me a tracking number, and status, and each time it was accurate.
Old 12-17-07, 03:44 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You can check your repair status here, they will also put your UPS tracking number here when they ship it out.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/de...htm?WT.svl=nav
Old 12-17-07, 03:57 PM
Mok

This is weird I am receiving my replacement 360 tomorrow, but there website says that the replacement is out of warranty. I paid for the extended warranty on my last 360, and that was not set to expire till 2009. So are they saying since they sent me a replacement my warranty is void on my replacement ?
Old 12-17-07, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
This is weird I am receiving my replacement 360 tomorrow, but there website says that the replacement is out of warranty. I paid for the extended warranty on my last 360, and that was not set to expire till 2009. So are they saying since they sent me a replacement my warranty is void on my replacement ?

Should not be. It was my understanding that the extended MS warranty carried over for as many replacements as needed. I'd call and ask them about that carry over.

I didn't purchase the extended warranty, but when I was finally able to register my serial number after the RROD repair it showed that the general warranty was in effect until Feb, 2008 (which was 90 days after the repair).

I wasn't able to register my serial number online for some reason before the repair, kept getting an error on the site. However, it was my same 360 that I sent in, as they actually fixed mine rather than replaced it.
Old 12-18-07, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
You can check your repair status here, they will also put your UPS tracking number here when they ship it out.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/de...htm?WT.svl=nav
As I believe I mentioned earlier in this thread I can't get that page to accept my system serial number and when I contact customer support like they tell you to when there is an errror....they are pretty much useless.
Old 12-18-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As I believe I mentioned earlier in this thread I can't get that page to accept my system serial number and when I contact customer support like they tell you to when there is an errror....they are pretty much useless.
I couldn't use the page either, until my 360 was fixed. Kept getting a message saying it would not accept my serial number. Do you have your the reference number for your repair? If so, the CS people should be able to provide you tracking numbers, etc. If you don't have that reference number you may have varying results it seems as for example, they showed I had 2 different accounts (not sure if one was my old GamerTag and 1 was my newer one).
Old 12-18-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
that's interesting info... i don't know anything about this, but i kinda agree with your guess as well. The replacement most likely it's a "new" unit, i.e. not the one you sent in, so chances are the "old" serial# is voided (as to extended warranty, dude, looks like you got some callings to do). However, on the bright side, try to register the "new" serial# when you get it and tell us what happens (that's what i'm gonna do).

I called last night, the replacement has been shipped, chances are i just might get in before Christmas, yeah! (i don't know why i'm so happy about this, since it's my console to start with.)
Old 12-18-07, 09:43 AM
Mok

Originally Posted by Ocelot
that's interesting info... i don't know anything about this, but i kinda agree with your guess as well. The replacement most likely it's a "new" unit, i.e. not the one you sent in, so chances are the "old" serial# is voided (as to extended warranty, dude, looks like you got some callings to do). However, on the bright side, try to register the "new" serial# when you get it and tell us what happens (that's what i'm gonna do).
That's the problem the new console was already registered by Microsoft before they shipped it to me, but it says no warranty. They replaced my old serial # with a new one and marked it out of warranty. I called last night and got nowhere fast, I was told to call back next week. This isn't my first time having my console replaced they always moved the warranty over to the replacement before.
Old 12-18-07, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just got a "new" replacement, which Microsoft pre-registered for me. The warranty says it's good until November of next year.
Old 12-18-07, 11:27 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nosmo Rex
I just got a "new" replacement, which Microsoft pre-registered for me. The warranty says it's good until November of next year.
Ditto here. Although I also bought a year warranty so mine should say 2009.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.