Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Microsoft Surprisingly Admits That ALL Xbox 360s Are Defective

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-07, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
My old 1978 Rabbit still runs, and better than my 2000 Golf - it's because there's more and more technology inside the cars/consoles which make things a lot less easy to maintain and run smoothly. Gut your NES and compare it to a gutted PS3 or 360, you'll see why things are breaking more now.
You drive a Mazda.
Old 12-07-07, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by kakihara1
You drive a Mazda.
You drive a Kia, which replaced your Hyundai!
Old 12-07-07, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You drive a Mazda.
Your point being what? I know who bought my rabbit, and I know it still runs. I know the golf had a lot more problems than that rabbit did.
Old 12-07-07, 08:51 PM
Mok

Well my 360 finally reached the repair center.
Old 12-07-07, 09:25 PM

360 just randomly died last night. Was working fine and I had just finished Assassins Creed. Got Mario Galaxy for my birthday on Tuesday and only turned the 360 on to check the update out. 360 worked fine for the next couple of days. Last night I went to watch a movie and without any prior warning three red blinking lights.
Old 12-10-07, 09:44 AM
Mok

Great I called to see how long it would be before my 360 was repaired or replaced, and was told it maybe 2wks. There goes X-mas. I also asked about a free live 1 month card, and was told since I had paid for the warranty I wasn't eligible for that. What the heck is that about since I paid extra I don't get any benefits. Microsoft sucks!
Old 12-10-07, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
Great I called to see how long it would be before my 360 was repaired or replaced, and was told it maybe 2wks. There goes X-mas. I also asked about a free live 1 month card, and was told since I had paid for the warranty I wasn't eligible for that. What the heck is that about since I paid extra I don't get any benefits. Microsoft sucks!
I think they'll tell you 2 weeks no matter what. If they currently have your 360, I would be very surprised if you didn't have it back within a week (or so). As far as I knew, I thought everyone was getting a 1 month XBL card with the repaired/replaced 360. I did both times.
Old 12-10-07, 10:04 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mok
Doubt it'll take you that long. I sent my launch console off on 11-29 and the replacement arrived today. Would have had it even sooner, but UPS just sits on these things over weekends.

I don't think they're making any attempt to even check if the units are broken at this point. I suspect when they got mine they just yanked the old one out, put a new one in, and shipped it back out.
Old 12-10-07, 10:10 AM
Mok

I have already lost 2wks waiting for a coffin and waiting for the 360 to get to the repair center. I really hope I can see my 360 by next week.
Old 12-10-07, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mok, there's a good chance you gonna get it before Christmas... i heard the turn around time is not all that bad. Yeah, it sucks, but at least they're working on it (damn it, i've totally surrendered to the MS's X360 repairing scheme). I got the box on last Friday, sigh, UPS don't do ground on the weekends, so i ended up losing two more days

It's three day shipping (says so on the label), so if they ship out a "new" unit, chances are i'm gonna get it before Christmas, yeah! (what the hell is wrong with me).
Old 12-10-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SteelgearX
360 just randomly died last night. Was working fine and I had just finished Assassins Creed. Got Mario Galaxy for my birthday on Tuesday and only turned the 360 on to check the update out. 360 worked fine for the next couple of days. Last night I went to watch a movie and without any prior warning three red blinking lights.
oyi, sounds like you gonna have a X360-less Christmas, sucks... well, the bright side, at least you get to finish AC, i didn't get to finish anything (i hope that makes you feel slightly better).
Old 12-10-07, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After a week I have yet to even receive my coffin in the mail. I called today and got the tracking info for the empty box. It was shipped out on Tuesday and it seems calling it 3 Day Shipping is a fucking joke.
Old 12-10-07, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think the empty box is regular UPS (not three days), but once you slap on the included label inside the box, it's three days...

I was a bit shocked by the number of faulty reasons (the paper you need to fill out when returning the damaged x360, so that they can process the repair faster)... i didn't know there were that many sucks to be X360 owner!
Old 12-10-07, 04:27 PM
Suspended

Just opened up the replacement 360 I was sent for my dead launch unit. Here's what I got inside.

Console with a manufactured date of 11-10-07.
The console has no HDMI port.
1 free month of Xbox Live
A disc for Moto GP 06 labeled "not for resale".
Old 12-10-07, 05:16 PM
RVP

I still haven't gotten my coffin. It been two weeks since I called for one. I will have to calll again tomorrow I guess.
Old 12-10-07, 05:54 PM
Mok

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Just opened up the replacement 360 I was sent for my dead launch unit. Here's what I got inside.

Console with a manufactured date of 11-10-07.
The console has no HDMI port.
1 free month of Xbox Live
A disc for Moto GP 06 labeled "not for resale".
Cool deal, how did you get the game ? did you request it ?
Old 12-10-07, 06:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mok
Cool deal, how did you get the game ? did you request it ?
It just was in the box. I made no special request.
Old 12-10-07, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
I'd bet you get the 1 month free anyway. I can't imagine they are going to process yours differently than the over 1 billion they've served to date
Old 12-10-07, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Doubt it'll take you that long. I sent my launch console off on 11-29 and the replacement arrived today. Would have had it even sooner, but UPS just sits on these things over weekends.

I don't think they're making any attempt to even check if the units are broken at this point. I suspect when they got mine they just yanked the old one out, put a new one in, and shipped it back out.

I had a similar experience, very quick turnaround except for shipping over weekends. My launch 360 was actually fixed and turned around in a day once they got it. And I received my same 360 back (same serial number, case, etc). I suspect they are swapping out the main board with the onboard NIC, etc as my MAC address changed, but it was definitely my same 360.
Old 12-10-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ocelot
I think the empty box is regular UPS (not three days), but once you slap on the included label inside the box, it's three days...
When I tracked my empty box on UPS.com the shipping method clearly said 3 Day Shipping but I realize that turned out to mean jack shit.
Old 12-10-07, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
FWIW, it took 10 days from the day I dropped my coffin off at UPS to the day I got it back - I figure it averaged 3 days to get there, 3 days to fix, three days to ship back and one day for the weekend.
Old 12-11-07, 09:35 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So are the repaired units 'fixed' or not? I've heard from some that they replace the heatsink or something, but others have told me they'll just repair it with the same faulty thing until next year. I'm waiting for my coffin, my first RROD happened on Sunday.
Old 12-11-07, 09:50 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DRG
So are the repaired units 'fixed' or not? I've heard from some that they replace the heatsink or something, but others have told me they'll just repair it with the same faulty thing until next year. I'm waiting for my coffin, my first RROD happened on Sunday.
Mine wasn't a repair, it was an entirely new unit.
Old 12-11-07, 10:16 AM

Yeah a while back when I got my replacement it was a totally new "Non-HDMI" Unit. The funny thing is though that it doesn't work right. once it started up and working it never gives me a problem but it NEVER boots properly on the first attempt. Usually I'll hit the power button and it will just sit there with nothing on the screen at all, then I'll wait a few seconds and shut it back down and then power it on again. Most of the time on the second attempt it will boot up normally but there have been occasions where it gives me a single red light with an "E-74" message but even when I get that if I shut down and restart again it boots up normally. It's a really wierd unit, but since it actually does work fine once you get it to boot I've been too lazy to get another coffin.
Old 12-11-07, 03:38 PM

Yeah a while back when I got my replacement it was a totally new "Non-HDMI" Unit. The funny thing is though that it doesn't work right. once it started up and working it never gives me a problem but it NEVER boots properly on the first attempt. Usually I'll hit the power button and it will just sit there with nothing on the screen at all, then I'll wait a few seconds and shut it back down and then power it on again. Most of the time on the second attempt it will boot up normally but there have been occasions where it gives me a single red light with an "E-74" message but even when I get that if I shut down and restart again it boots up normally. It's a really wierd unit, but since it actually does work fine once you get it to boot I've been too lazy to get another coffin.
E-74 error is a power problem. Do you have an intercooler fan installed on the back of the unit or some such thing? Otherwise check anything power related.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.