Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wii thread - part V

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-07, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DodgingCars
Nintendo officially states that the following games will be coming out for Wii in Japan in 2007:

Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (DK Jet or DK Bongo Blast, US) - June 28, 2007
Wii Health Pack -- 2007
Disaster: Day of Crisis - 2007
Mario Party 8 - 2007
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. - 2007
Wii Music - 2007
Super Mario Galaxy - 2007
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 2007
Battalion Wars II - 2007
Forever Blue - 2007
Mario Strikers Charged - 2007
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 2007
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics - 2007

Both Animal Crossing Wii and Hoshi no Kirby (Kirby Adventure) Wii are listed in the same documents as "TBA," or to be announced.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/784/784665p1.html
I posted earlier about Nintendo's 2007 list of games for Japan. I've seen on some boards that people are afraid that these will hit Q4 2007 in Japan, but Q1 2008 in the US. I was curious if the Japanese and US release dates really have that much of a gap for major titles (from Nintendo) on the Gamecube. I don't think so:

Super Mario Sunshine: ~1 month
Metroid Prime 1 & 2: U.S. first
Super Smash Bros: ~1 week

It seems like we're very likely to see all the confirmed titles from Nintendo in 2007.
Old 05-04-07, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 762 Likes on 493 Posts
OK, this isn't quite Wii-related bitching, but it affected how I used -- or didn't use -- the Wii during my days off. So, I decided to order a couple of games and noticed that Best Buy was offering a $10 off two games deal when ordered online. So, either Friday or Saturday I placed the order. It asked if I wanted to pick up the order at the store, but the nearest Best Buy is about 40 minutes away. I knew I wouldn't be able to make it there by Wednesday (my day off) because of my funky schedule (I get off work about midnight). So, I decide to have it shipped, thinking that it would definitely be there by Wednesday. Well, instead of being shipped from a location anywhere near me, it's shipped via UPS from Illinois (I'm in South Texas), where it goes around a bit until it winds up in Austin, Texas, and is then transferred over to USPS, where it takes another Texas detour. Needless to say, I still haven't received the shipment. Couldn't Best Buy come up with an easier, quicker shipping method? I better get my games today!

Good news about Impossible Mission, by the way. Loved that game. Hope it won't be too pricey ...
Old 05-04-07, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like they shipped via UPS-Mail Innovations, which is actually pretty common. Our company uses it a lot for smaller items. UPS carries it usually as far as the destination city and then it's handed off to the post office for delivery to you. I would guess delivery from IL to TX is probably about 3 business days, so delivery on Wednesday sounds about right. I'd imagine that like most online stores, if it's not something that's dropshipped, Best Buy ships from only a few large warehouses around the country. It can be annoying, but it really is the most efficient way to serve everyone.
Old 05-04-07, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 762 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by StealthStratos
Sounds like they shipped via UPS-Mail Innovations, which is actually pretty common. Our company uses it a lot for smaller items. UPS carries it usually as far as the destination city and then it's handed off to the post office for delivery to you. I would guess delivery from IL to TX is probably about 3 business days, so delivery on Wednesday sounds about right. I'd imagine that like most online stores, if it's not something that's dropshipped, Best Buy ships from only a few large warehouses around the country. It can be annoying, but it really is the most efficient way to serve everyone.
Yep, it was shipped via UPS-Mail Innovations. I'm not saying it's not common, but I've never had something shipped to me that way. And while it's maybe supposed to be the most efficient way to serve everyone, it probably added at least 2-3 days to my delivery time. Hell, if UPS would have just kept it, I would probably already have it, because my package went in some directions after the handoff that it didn't need to go. Honestly, I wouldn't be so annoyed except I really wanted to play some new games on one of my off days.

And why is it more efficient to have UPS take it to USPS to deliver. Wouldn't it be more efficient to just have UPS delivery? Or just USPS delivery?
Old 05-04-07, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
And why is it more efficient to have UPS take it to USPS to deliver. Wouldn't it be more efficient to just have UPS delivery? Or just USPS delivery?
You've got me on that one. I've never really understood that one myself. I suspect that one boils down to more of a cost vs. service balancing act for the merchant. UPS-MI offers limited tracking capabilities for the merchant which is helpful if the package goes missing, but I suspect it's probably cheaper for the merchant than going completely with UPS?
Old 05-04-07, 11:36 PM

Received 818 Likes on 533 Posts
I got a Wii today... no lines... just two phone calls.

I didn't think it would have been that easy.

Wii Sports and Wii Play are nice, but I spent most of the evening playing Excite Truck.
Old 05-04-07, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I got a Wii today... no lines... just two phone calls.

I didn't think it would have been that easy.

Wii Sports and Wii Play are nice, but I spent most of the evening playing Excite Truck.
Cool.

Welcome to the addiction that is Wii Bowling.
Old 05-04-07, 11:57 PM

I only bowled one set... the kids bowled quite a few though... and my daughter (age 7) was starting to scare me with how accurate she got.

My 3 year old and I shot up something fierce of the shooting range in Wii Play.

They got a kick out of making the Miis.

... but the sad thing is, my Belkin Wireless G router is not compatible, so I have to go get a new router.
Old 05-05-07, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,038 Likes on 822 Posts
Your router doesn't support Wireless B?
Old 05-05-07, 12:59 AM

My router is an F5D7230-4 v6002... and is not listed as a compatible router.
Old 05-05-07, 01:06 AM

I just tried it again (had the password wrong) and it connected. It's performing the updates now.
Old 05-05-07, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 925 Likes on 656 Posts
Originally Posted by Goldberg74

I just decided give Paper Mario a rest and popped Excite Truck back in today. I hadn't played it in a couple months. Just unlocked 'Super Excite' tonight. Probably put in about 4 hours on that game today. Definitely an underrated title.
Old 05-05-07, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whats different about Super Excite?
Old 05-05-07, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Looks like there are about 10 new trucks to unlock. The courses appear to be the same, but obviously the AI is better. I can have what I think is a perfect run and have 30 stars over the requirement and still only get an 'A' rank. Not sure what is needed for an 'S' on those. A is pretty difficult as it is.

There is also a new set of tracks. On regular Excite you have bronze, silver & gold. Super Excite has all those and adds a diamond or platinum(can't remember which).

So it seems the game is a little deeper than I first thought. Still could use a little more variety in the tracks though.
Old 05-05-07, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

First post from Wii browser. Woot!
Old 05-05-07, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MoviePage
I really like the new browser. I've started to prefer it to the one on the PS3.
Old 05-05-07, 05:23 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's definitely better, but still pretty bad IMO. To hard to read anything, zooming is a pain in the ass as I end up having to scroll sideways to read all the text once I get most pages zoomed to where I can actually read.

But kind of moot point complaints anyway as it's not a feature I'll use. Just want to have it while it's free in case there's a way to download game saves etc. in the future (may already be) as I don't have an SC card reader for my PC and don't' really want one.
Old 05-05-07, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
It's definitely better, but still pretty bad IMO. To hard to read anything, zooming is a pain in the ass as I end up having to scroll sideways to read all the text once I get most pages zoomed to where I can actually read.

But kind of moot point complaints anyway as it's not a feature I'll use. Just want to have it while it's free in case there's a way to download game saves etc. in the future (may already be) as I don't have an SC card reader for my PC and don't' really want one.
If I was using it as my main internet browser, I'd say it was bad. But if I'm using it to watch internet videos on my x" television and to play flash games, I'd say it was pretty awesome.
Old 05-05-07, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Me too. It's not as cumbersome as I thought.

Wii browsing rules!
Old 05-05-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Would those that have Excite Truck say it's a good purchase, for the current price? I only played it when it was the demo game, before the Wii was released, at an EB Games. Naturally, I was just excited to play the darned thing, that I really didn't care what I was playing. I felt the controls were a little loose, but, that could have just been the set-up in the store.

So, my question is, should I go ahead and buy it at the current price, or, wait for the price to drop (or for a sale)?
Old 05-06-07, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I've said in the past that $50 is too high for Excite Truck but after unlocking Super Excite mode, I have to change my mind. I think it is a blast. I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of it.
Old 05-06-07, 08:41 AM

I was going to pay the $50 for Excite Truck anyways, but I'm glad that I was able to get it as part of that deal.

I only wish that you could unlock Excite Bike on it.
Old 05-06-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think most games are worth $50, so I can't answer that. But if you're itching for some Wii games, then I'd definately pick it up.
Old 05-07-07, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

wound up getting Cooking Mama, Tiger Woods, and SSX Blur yesterday, on a whim.

So far, I'm really impressed with the 2 E.A. Games.
Old 05-07-07, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
wound up getting Cooking Mama, Tiger Woods, and SSX Blur yesterday, on a whim.

So far, I'm really impressed with the 2 E.A. Games.
I've been very curious about TW. I'll rent it soon. I really liked SSX, but it's not typically a game I'd pay full price for.

I've actually been busy going through the Gamecube's back catalog (I never owned a GC): Pikmin2, Metroid Prime 2, Zelda: WW, Beyond Good and Evil, etc. Not to mention I still need to finish Super Paper Mario and Zelda: TP.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.