Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox 360 thread - 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-07, 05:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDChris
Does anyone remember the Atari Jaguar controller?

Yes, but I don't see how that 360 keyboard extension is in the same league. The 360 keyboard will only be used for typing text (like naming your custom made equipment in Oblivion) whereas the Jaguar controller actually used all those button during gameplay which was a total pain in the ass.
Old 04-09-07, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by sracer

The reason for dismissing the usefulness of a web browser on a console is because "that is what a PC is for". Well, the same argument can be used for MSN messenger.

Just because you can construct a scenario to support how useful MSN messenger can be doesn't invalidate the "that is what a PC is for" argument used against a web browser.

Don't get me wrong... I'm all for MSN Messenger capabilities! I just found it funny that those who poo-poo'ed a web browser for some dopey reason are cheering the addition of messenger even though that dopey reason applies to that too.
That's hardly the only reason why people have dismissed web browsing on a console. I certainly haven't gotten the impression that was the main argument against it either from the general populace, but maybe that's just me.

Feels more to me like the argument isn't that it sucks on a console just because it exists on a PC like you seem to be saying, but that it's more efficient and useful on a PC.
Old 04-09-07, 06:39 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been reading that the update for Gears should hit 4pm PDT, meaning it should be there now. Guess I will pop in Gears to see if an update hits.
Old 04-09-07, 06:42 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Yep.. I just put in Gears, was prompted for an update.
Went back into the game, Annex is now a gametype to choose when setting up a game.
Old 04-09-07, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

For those keeping track of my quest to get my 360 repaired, I received the box to send it back today. About the time they said it would take to get it. It came via 3 day select ups with the returning label for a repair center in Texas for 3 day select again. Very easy process. I just put the package together and sent it out a few hours later at my local ups store. So now I'm going to see how long it will take to get my repaired console once they actually receive the package. I wrote down everything including the manufactured date on my console to see if they send me a newer one. So, 4/3 the entire process began, now to see when I finally have a fixed unit in my hand by.

P.S. The box I received was in decent shape. It was by no means perfect, as shit happens through the delivery process, but no major damage to report.

Last edited by Michael Ballack; 04-09-07 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-09-07, 11:45 PM

If anyone cares Shrek the 3rd demo is up on MP 759 MB.
Old 04-10-07, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by 1998Nole
If anyone cares Shrek the 3rd demo is up on MP 759 MB.
I downloaded it last night for the kiddies, looks like they ported a DS game to the 360(yes it looks that bad)
Old 04-10-07, 07:35 AM

I'm a big fan of the new Gears mode. The constant respawns are nice to help calm you if you've been "screwed".

I really love how it forces people to go on the attack and try to storm your posistion, only to splatter their whole team, and have them try again....and again
Old 04-10-07, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Hmm... I pre-ordered the Legendary Halo on circuitcity.com for the $99 and just got the following email:

This email is to notify you of a change in the release date of your pre-ordered item. This change is a result of a manufacturer decision and not Circuit City’s, but we will keep you informed of any further date changes we receive. You will not be charged for this item until it is shipped to you.

Original Release Date: 11/03/2007
New Release Date: 09/30/2007
I know retailers are notoriously wrong about release dates, but with the new halo video and beta info, they could have fed retailers a date. Or just wishful thinking on my part.
Old 04-10-07, 02:25 PM

seems plausible, anyway...

the amount of time from the end of the beta to that new should be sufficient to fix any bugs discovered in said beta

now, of course people could whine to no end about the beta, which might cause bungie to throw on the breaks and totall revamp the game.

They can take as long as they want as far as I'm concerned, IF it makes for a better game.
Old 04-10-07, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I reported my first person last night on Live.

Was playing a ranked game of UNO, and it was pretty competitive, everyone (sans me) had played a ton of games.

One guy started stalling pretty badly, and then turned on his Vision Cam. Sure enough, he was all of 12 years old. He started yelling and screaming (just as loud as he could as long as he could) into the mic, causing one of the four to drop. This other girl and I kept asking him to be quiet and just play, and eventually he took off his pants giving us a nice view. So I went ahead and reported him.
Old 04-10-07, 02:39 PM

wow

It's asinine the host can't boot people playing UNO. I got sick of the people and just stopped playing that online
Old 04-10-07, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by KurrptSenate
wow

It's asinine the host can't boot people playing UNO. I got sick of the people and just stopped playing that online
Well because it was a ranked game, there was no host I believe.

I would have left if not for that.

On the plus side, the girl and I are now XBox Live Friends lol.
Old 04-10-07, 02:50 PM

its the same for player matches as well (can't boot)

its something in that game. I guess so they can just keep it running, or what have you.

its almost dumb to download a special deck, since just about no one has them, and you have to wait through that unbearable load screen, only to have them leave, and repeat the process again.....and again

my brother was playing the other day with my guitar hero controller
Old 04-10-07, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Hmm... I pre-ordered the Legendary Halo on circuitcity.com for the $99 and just got the following email:

I know retailers are notoriously wrong about release dates, but with the new halo video and beta info, they could have fed retailers a date. Or just wishful thinking on my part.

I hope that is true, as it looks like Rock Band is scheduled the 1st week of November (or at least that is the date showing on EB.com).
Old 04-10-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

What new beta info?
Old 04-10-07, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lordwow
I reported my first person last night on Live.

Was playing a ranked game of UNO, and it was pretty competitive, everyone (sans me) had played a ton of games.

One guy started stalling pretty badly, and then turned on his Vision Cam. Sure enough, he was all of 12 years old. He started yelling and screaming (just as loud as he could as long as he could) into the mic, causing one of the four to drop. This other girl and I kept asking him to be quiet and just play, and eventually he took off his pants giving us a nice view. So I went ahead and reported him.
I stopped playing Uno recently after seeing someone masturbating on the video cam.

I only wish I was kidding.
Old 04-10-07, 03:29 PM

check the halo 3 thread
Old 04-10-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923
I stopped playing Uno recently after seeing someone masturbating on the video cam.

Just one more reason to play exclusively with people you know, especially when webcams are involved. Of course, depending on who you know, there might still be some masturbation.
Old 04-10-07, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That shit never happens to me
Old 04-10-07, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What new beta info?
check the vgtalk main page
Old 04-10-07, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this is funny stuff.
I've never played on live. Only have the silver membership.
Do people talk on the headset?
Couldn't you tell how old they are once they start talking?
Old 04-10-07, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
wow to all these crazy Live stories. I don't even have my headset on while playing online - so I can't even imagine putting myself on camera and whipping it out, but then, I'm 35 - though when I think about it, that sounds exactly like something I would do were I 12 - but back then we could never even conceive of such a technology as Xbox Live in our home...
Old 04-10-07, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,873 Likes on 1,153 Posts
Originally Posted by lordwow
Well because it was a ranked game, there was no host I believe.

I would have left if not for that.

On the plus side, the girl and I are now XBox Live Friends lol.
I added 2 girls to my friends list this week. I see lotsa girls playing Lost Planet online.
Old 04-10-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by timewaster
this is funny stuff.
I've never played on live. Only have the silver membership.
Do people talk on the headset?
Couldn't you tell how old they are once they start talking?
Yes, and yes.

It's really common on games like R6:Vegas, and I'd assume Gears of War, when you need to stratergize with your team. You get shunned if your not on Mic.

Uno goes both ways, I'd say about 1/2 the games are silent, I listen to conversations about another 1/2 of the time between 2 people or so, and then once and whilke I'll throw on my headset if the people are cool or if someone is being offensive to tell them to shut up.

Uno there's nothing to really think about, and it's much more social. Some conversations are really cool/funny, others really lame. And you meet lots of annoying people. And yes, 9/10 I can guess a person's relative age and maturity, it's pretty simple.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.