Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gears of War

Old 01-16-07, 09:22 AM
  #126  
Retired
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 27,449
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Yeah, but sometimes your buddies can't come over, or live in another state.
I can see the appeal for those cases. At least for those with no local buddies that game, or whose long time gaming buddies are now in other states.

I'll never be interested in gaming with random people online though, or people from forums. Buddies or singleplayer for me.
Josh H is offline  
Old 01-16-07, 09:50 AM
  #127  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,006
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
I'll never be interested in gaming with random people online though, or people from forums. Buddies or singleplayer for me.
Gee thanks.
Giantrobo is online now  
Old 01-19-07, 11:22 PM
  #128  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
gerrythedon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Inglewood, Ca.
Posts: 6,768
Gears of War Goes Triple Platinum

To no one's surprise, Gears of War is a hit. Epic Games' third-person shooter has now sold more than 3 million units in just 10 weeks. To support a long lifespan for what Microsoft hopes can be its next Halo-like gargantuan franchise, a pair of downloadable multiplayer maps were made available two weeks ago. So far more than 750,000 people have downloaded the free Gears map pack.

IGN.com
gerrythedon is offline  
Old 01-20-07, 07:26 PM
  #129  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,029
So, I bought this game tonight finally. I had some doubts that this type of game would appeal to me, but I'm already hooked. It's one of the few games I could see myself playing online regularly.

It's too bad my internet lags horribly so I don't play games online.
SuperBatMan is offline  
Old 01-20-07, 07:28 PM
  #130  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,641
I've been playing online co-op for the last several days and it's going to be hard for me to go back to playing a game that doesn't have that as an option.
The Dude is offline  
Old 01-20-07, 10:21 PM
  #131  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,441
Well to several here on this thread I sent a friend request so in case anyone gets one from "Buzz Starhopper" and they say who the cr#p is this you now know.

Kenny J.
K&AJones is offline  
Old 01-22-07, 11:22 AM
  #132  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 26,808
Finally finished the game (on Hardcore), but I needed a co-op buddy and several tries to do it. I have no idea how I'd beat Raam by myself, or what would've happened had I not kept the Torque bow from earlier (luckily there's a sniper rifle available in the room before). Then we started on insane, and while it didn't seem overwhelming, I'm sure it was because we were still playing co-op, and I had previously finished all the other levels single player. Does the difficulty ramp up for co-op, or stay the same?
fujishig is offline  
Old 01-22-07, 11:35 AM
  #133  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,227
Originally Posted by K&AJones
Well to several here on this thread I sent a friend request so in case anyone gets one from "Buzz Starhopper" and they say who the cr#p is this you now know.

Kenny J.
Pottymouth.................even now with your 360 I never see you online Buzz.........what gives?
kakihara1 is offline  
Old 01-22-07, 12:31 PM
  #134  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 689
Originally Posted by K&AJones
Well to several here on this thread I sent a friend request so in case anyone gets one from "Buzz Starhopper" and they say who the cr#p is this you now know.

Kenny J.

I actually was wondering who you were, but just shrugged it off and accepted. I sorta figured it was from DVDtalk, though. Glad I read this.
SteelgearX is offline  
Old 01-22-07, 12:37 PM
  #135  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,006
Originally Posted by fujishig
Finally finished the game (on Hardcore), but I needed a co-op buddy and several tries to do it. I have no idea how I'd beat Raam by myself, or what would've happened had I not kept the Torque bow from earlier (luckily there's a sniper rifle available in the room before). Then we started on insane, and while it didn't seem overwhelming, I'm sure it was because we were still playing co-op, and I had previously finished all the other levels single player. Does the difficulty ramp up for co-op, or stay the same?

[Napoleon Dynamite] Luuh-keee!! [/Napoleon Dynamite]

I'm still tuck on Hardcore Raam. I took a break from trying to kill him a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to kill him without co-op but I may have to acquiesce and get help.
Giantrobo is online now  
Old 01-22-07, 12:56 PM
  #136  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 689
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
[Napoleon Dynamite] Luuh-keee!! [/Napoleon Dynamite]

I'm still tuck on Hardcore Raam. I took a break from trying to kill him a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to kill him without co-op but I may have to acquiesce and get help.

Any reason why you're trying to do it on your own?
SteelgearX is offline  
Old 01-22-07, 01:15 PM
  #137  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,006
Originally Posted by SteelgearX
Any reason why you're trying to do it on your own?

I don't know. It just seemed the thing to do.
Giantrobo is online now  
Old 01-23-07, 01:33 AM
  #138  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,441
Originally Posted by kakihara1
Pottymouth.................even now with your 360 I never see you online Buzz.........what gives?

Aaagh come-on Martin, cut me some slack. I only had the one game, GoW, that I played co-op and a few MP matches. I didn't have either COD game and my RS:LV game ended up being returned to BB since the postal service "couldn't find" my address. Unfortunately we've been slammed at work and most of what I do requires after hours only. When I do have time and weather is good I'll grab the telescope and head out.

Ok Martin...I promise to check more and see what's up online. Besides 3/4 of my original friends list from the Halo days wasn't online, still don't have the 360, or ahve no idea where they went. I only have a few from it like you, Bean, TJMental and TF64. So I'm having to reload and with DVD Talkers I at least know something and who they are.

Kenny J. - Buzz Starhopper
K&AJones is offline  
Old 01-23-07, 05:27 AM
  #139  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,641
Beat the game on Co-op last night. Thought it was great fun; same buddy and I are going to run through on insane now so that we can pick up the 3 or 4 COG tags that we missed and so I can get the Dom achievements.
The Dude is offline  
Old 01-23-07, 07:15 AM
  #140  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,227
Check the gaming Schedule Buzz. All the big players are in there, BeanDip hardly plays online anymore cause he's a loser.
kakihara1 is offline  
Old 01-23-07, 07:23 AM
  #141  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
xmiyux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 9,911
Originally Posted by kakihara1
Check the gaming Schedule Buzz. All the big players are in there, BeanDip hardly plays online anymore cause he's a loser.
And if you want to feel good about yourself - play against me in Gears. Man oh man have i been getting schooled in that game.
xmiyux is offline  
Old 01-27-07, 09:55 AM
  #142  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 7,441
Just wanted to say thanks to Martin and Co. for sending an invite last night and using me as a practice dummy. I also have to apologize to my teammates for making the odds 4 on 3 1/2 since it was obvious I left my brain somewhere else. I haven't played GOW in about three weeks and literally forgot the controller scheme instead trying to use the RS:LV one since that's what I'm on now. It was so bad when "BeanDip" was down instead of doing a execution move it looked like I was doing the " ChaCha". All-in-all a good night for laughs especially from the other team.


Kenny J. - Buzz "Brainless" Stahopper
K&AJones is offline  
Old 01-27-07, 11:06 AM
  #143  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,227
I seem to remember seeing "final kill by Buzz Starhopper" a couple times last night. I'd say you held your own.
kakihara1 is offline  
Old 01-27-07, 05:29 PM
  #144  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,816
Originally Posted by xmiyux
And if you want to feel good about yourself - play against me in Gears. Man oh man have i been getting schooled in that game.

I know how you are feeling with GOW. I just started playing it again, decided to wait for COD3 to get fixed before devoting any more time on it, and I really suck. In COD3 I was always like top 2 or 3 on the team averaging 35-40+ points a game. With Gears I am lucky right now to get one or two kills in a game.

Oh, and I played this guy earlier who knew the chainsaw glitch and he taught it to the other guys on his team so every round after that we would all be killed right away with the chainsaw. Is this glitch really very popular on live?
s}{ammer is offline  
Old 01-27-07, 08:36 PM
  #145  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,006
Originally Posted by s}{ammer

Oh, and I played this guy earlier who knew the chainsaw glitch and he taught it to the other guys on his team so every round after that we would all be killed right away with the chainsaw. Is this glitch really very popular on live?
Lame lame lame.
Giantrobo is online now  
Old 01-28-07, 05:33 PM
  #146  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 3,161
What is that glitch, havent heard of it.
ElementZ is offline  
Old 01-29-07, 07:54 AM
  #147  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,170
I just got back into this game, if anyone wants to get into a game. My gamertag is "Kurrptsenate"
KurrptSenate is offline  
Old 01-29-07, 09:33 AM
  #148  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,297
Originally Posted by ElementZ
What is that glitch, havent heard of it.

I'm guessing it's the "sliding chainsaw" move.
candyrocket786 is offline  
Old 01-29-07, 10:37 AM
  #149  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,227
Must be the move TNAJason and Alex use every match.
kakihara1 is offline  
Old 01-29-07, 12:27 PM
  #150  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 9,129
Let me ask you a question. This new move. Is there a knuckle involved in any way?
edstein is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.