Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gears of War

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-07, 09:22 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Yeah, but sometimes your buddies can't come over, or live in another state.
I can see the appeal for those cases. At least for those with no local buddies that game, or whose long time gaming buddies are now in other states.

I'll never be interested in gaming with random people online though, or people from forums. Buddies or singleplayer for me.
Old 01-16-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
I'll never be interested in gaming with random people online though, or people from forums. Buddies or singleplayer for me.
Gee thanks.
Old 01-19-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
Gears of War Goes Triple Platinum

To no one's surprise, Gears of War is a hit. Epic Games' third-person shooter has now sold more than 3 million units in just 10 weeks. To support a long lifespan for what Microsoft hopes can be its next Halo-like gargantuan franchise, a pair of downloadable multiplayer maps were made available two weeks ago. So far more than 750,000 people have downloaded the free Gears map pack.

IGN.com
Old 01-20-07, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I bought this game tonight finally. I had some doubts that this type of game would appeal to me, but I'm already hooked. It's one of the few games I could see myself playing online regularly.

It's too bad my internet lags horribly so I don't play games online.
Old 01-20-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been playing online co-op for the last several days and it's going to be hard for me to go back to playing a game that doesn't have that as an option.
Old 01-20-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Well to several here on this thread I sent a friend request so in case anyone gets one from "Buzz Starhopper" and they say who the cr#p is this you now know.

Kenny J.
Old 01-22-07, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Finally finished the game (on Hardcore), but I needed a co-op buddy and several tries to do it. I have no idea how I'd beat Raam by myself, or what would've happened had I not kept the Torque bow from earlier (luckily there's a sniper rifle available in the room before). Then we started on insane, and while it didn't seem overwhelming, I'm sure it was because we were still playing co-op, and I had previously finished all the other levels single player. Does the difficulty ramp up for co-op, or stay the same?
Old 01-22-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Well to several here on this thread I sent a friend request so in case anyone gets one from "Buzz Starhopper" and they say who the cr#p is this you now know.

Kenny J.
Pottymouth.................even now with your 360 I never see you online Buzz.........what gives?
Old 01-22-07, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones

Kenny J.

I actually was wondering who you were, but just shrugged it off and accepted. I sorta figured it was from DVDtalk, though. Glad I read this.
Old 01-22-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by fujishig
Finally finished the game (on Hardcore), but I needed a co-op buddy and several tries to do it. I have no idea how I'd beat Raam by myself, or what would've happened had I not kept the Torque bow from earlier (luckily there's a sniper rifle available in the room before). Then we started on insane, and while it didn't seem overwhelming, I'm sure it was because we were still playing co-op, and I had previously finished all the other levels single player. Does the difficulty ramp up for co-op, or stay the same?

[Napoleon Dynamite] Luuh-keee!! [/Napoleon Dynamite]

I'm still tuck on Hardcore Raam. I took a break from trying to kill him a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to kill him without co-op but I may have to acquiesce and get help.
Old 01-22-07, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
[Napoleon Dynamite] Luuh-keee!! [/Napoleon Dynamite]

I'm still tuck on Hardcore Raam. I took a break from trying to kill him a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to kill him without co-op but I may have to acquiesce and get help.

Any reason why you're trying to do it on your own?
Old 01-22-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by SteelgearX
Any reason why you're trying to do it on your own?

I don't know. It just seemed the thing to do.
Old 01-23-07, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kakihara1
Pottymouth.................even now with your 360 I never see you online Buzz.........what gives?

Aaagh come-on Martin, cut me some slack. I only had the one game, GoW, that I played co-op and a few MP matches. I didn't have either COD game and my RS:LV game ended up being returned to BB since the postal service "couldn't find" my address. Unfortunately we've been slammed at work and most of what I do requires after hours only. When I do have time and weather is good I'll grab the telescope and head out.

Ok Martin...I promise to check more and see what's up online. Besides 3/4 of my original friends list from the Halo days wasn't online, still don't have the 360, or ahve no idea where they went. I only have a few from it like you, Bean, TJMental and TF64. So I'm having to reload and with DVD Talkers I at least know something and who they are.

Kenny J. - Buzz Starhopper
Old 01-23-07, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Beat the game on Co-op last night. Thought it was great fun; same buddy and I are going to run through on insane now so that we can pick up the 3 or 4 COG tags that we missed and so I can get the Dom achievements.
Old 01-23-07, 07:15 AM

Check the gaming Schedule Buzz. All the big players are in there, BeanDip hardly plays online anymore cause he's a loser.
Old 01-23-07, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kakihara1
Check the gaming Schedule Buzz. All the big players are in there, BeanDip hardly plays online anymore cause he's a loser.
And if you want to feel good about yourself - play against me in Gears. Man oh man have i been getting schooled in that game.
Old 01-27-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just wanted to say thanks to Martin and Co. for sending an invite last night and using me as a practice dummy. I also have to apologize to my teammates for making the odds 4 on 3 1/2 since it was obvious I left my brain somewhere else. I haven't played GOW in about three weeks and literally forgot the controller scheme instead trying to use the RS:LV one since that's what I'm on now. It was so bad when "BeanDip" was down instead of doing a execution move it looked like I was doing the " ChaCha". All-in-all a good night for laughs especially from the other team.

Kenny J. - Buzz "Brainless" Stahopper
Old 01-27-07, 11:06 AM

I seem to remember seeing "final kill by Buzz Starhopper" a couple times last night. I'd say you held your own.
Old 01-27-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
And if you want to feel good about yourself - play against me in Gears. Man oh man have i been getting schooled in that game.

I know how you are feeling with GOW. I just started playing it again, decided to wait for COD3 to get fixed before devoting any more time on it, and I really suck. In COD3 I was always like top 2 or 3 on the team averaging 35-40+ points a game. With Gears I am lucky right now to get one or two kills in a game.

Oh, and I played this guy earlier who knew the chainsaw glitch and he taught it to the other guys on his team so every round after that we would all be killed right away with the chainsaw. Is this glitch really very popular on live?
Old 01-27-07, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by s}{ammer

Oh, and I played this guy earlier who knew the chainsaw glitch and he taught it to the other guys on his team so every round after that we would all be killed right away with the chainsaw. Is this glitch really very popular on live?
Lame lame lame.
Old 01-28-07, 05:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What is that glitch, havent heard of it.
Old 01-29-07, 07:54 AM

I just got back into this game, if anyone wants to get into a game. My gamertag is "Kurrptsenate"
Old 01-29-07, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by ElementZ
What is that glitch, havent heard of it.

I'm guessing it's the "sliding chainsaw" move.
Old 01-29-07, 10:37 AM

Must be the move TNAJason and Alex use every match.
Old 01-29-07, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Let me ask you a question. This new move. Is there a knuckle involved in any way?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.