Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Post-Launch PS3 Thread - No ebay talk.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Post-Launch PS3 Thread - No ebay talk.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-07, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I just got mine and I'm setting it up now. I entered all my internet settings manually like normal for me, and I just selected "disable" for UPnP. Suprmallet, you might want to try entering it in manually or seeing if you can disable UPnP.

The weird thing, and this is probably what Rob V is talking about, is that when I did the connection test, it said it failed and that I needed the latest update. I went to system update and it said I had the latest update (1.32) and then it went to a screen to download update data. I was thinking it wouldn't do anything since I had failed the connection test, but sure enough, the progress bar started moving and it's going now. It looks like it will take 10-20 minutes.

BTW, I know mine was a return because it had someone's Madden data in there. It was the only one they had and it looks brand new, so I'll just keep it (I reformatted it and reset the settings of course). I got the warranty plan at Wal-Mart for under $30, so I'm covered for three years if something does go wrong with it.
Old 01-13-07, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 313 Posts
Here's a question for everyone... because it sure as heck isn't covered in the manual:

how do you access data that you've d/l from the marketplace and delete it? I d/l Motorstorm (it sucks IMO) and I want it off my hard drive. How do I get rid of it?
Old 01-13-07, 07:36 PM
Political Exile

Received 485 Likes on 320 Posts
Is there only one track on Gran Turismo HD? Every picture I saw of previews of the game had a Grand Canyon track.
Old 01-13-07, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rob V
Here's a question for everyone... because it sure as heck isn't covered in the manual:

how do you access data that you've d/l from the marketplace and delete it? I d/l Motorstorm (it sucks IMO) and I want it off my hard drive. How do I get rid of it?
Select the game in the system menu, and press triangle to bring up a menu that will allow you to delete the game, start the game, and see information about it.
Old 01-13-07, 07:54 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Most likely you'll have to buy the other tracks separately.

Drexl, I will try disabling the UPnP. Thanks.
Old 01-13-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe I should mention that mine is using the wired connection since I got the 20GB model. I don't know if that has anything to do with UPnP or not. I'm not sure what it's for, since I've configured other devices like network cards on PCs, the Xbox, and the HD-A1 for ethernet, and there was no UPnP setting in those.

As for the GT demo, it is just a demo. Perhaps the previews are for the full game and you'll have to wait for that for the Grand Canyon track?
Old 01-15-07, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drexl
I just got mine and I'm setting it up now. I entered all my internet settings manually like normal for me, and I just selected "disable" for UPnP. Suprmallet, you might want to try entering it in manually or seeing if you can disable UPnP.

The weird thing, and this is probably what Rob V is talking about, is that when I did the connection test, it said it failed and that I needed the latest update. I went to system update and it said I had the latest update (1.32) and then it went to a screen to download update data. I was thinking it wouldn't do anything since I had failed the connection test, but sure enough, the progress bar started moving and it's going now.
I am having this same problem. It tells me that version 1.32 is available and will start downloading, but it usually errors when I get to about 10%. Any suggestions? This is really annoying!

I am looking into port forwarding, but if that was the problem, it wouldn't download 10%-20%, would it?
Old 01-15-07, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DamingR
I am having this same problem. It tells me that version 1.32 is available and will start downloading, but it usually errors when I get to about 10%. Any suggestions? This is really annoying!

I am looking into port forwarding, but if that was the problem, it wouldn't download 10%-20%, would it?
Disregard -- it took about 20 tries, then it worked. Nice one, Sony.
Old 01-16-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am going to start adding people in this thread who have their PS3 IDs posted. I may only have one game at the moment but I'd prefer to play with fellow forum members later on down the road when I do have more games to choose from.
Old 01-16-07, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you make a list of IDs, it would be nice to post them so we can all add each other.
Old 01-16-07, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From scanning the thread this is what I have come up with...

Forum Name / PS3 ID
MasterofDVD: TheCritic
ChrisHicks: chrishicks
Live&Onions: LiverAndOnions
corbin dallas: pfinns1971
DJ Longfellow: Johnnie5
sauce07: sauce07
M Polo: BigBadPolo
warcp: pigbot
DamingR: Duster72
Suprmallet: Dan_and_Kris
Rob V: Rogbib
UncleGramps: UncleGramps
illini420: illini420

Last edited by MasterofDVD; 01-18-07 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-16-07, 02:22 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
My PS3 ID is: Dan_and_Kris
Old 01-16-07, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Updated
Old 01-16-07, 02:35 PM

i'll be updating my buddy list tonight thanks to MasterofDVD (thanks!!)
By the way the only games i have right now are resistance and Full Auto 2 for anyone who is interested. Also started a clan on Resistance called Otters of Death for us DVDtalk folk although I have not played a single clan game yet *waits for severe beating from other otters*
Old 01-16-07, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 388 Likes on 313 Posts
My PS3 ID is: Darth Varto... feel free to add me. I only have Resistance at this point.
Old 01-16-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My PS3 ID is exactly the same as my forum name - same capitalization, no spaces. I too only have Resistance at the moment. Well, I have the Lemmings downloadable game too, but I think that the only online feature it has is leaderboards. I'll add people to my friends list the next time I fire up the PS3 (which could be a few days).
Old 01-16-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Updated

I only have Full Auto 2 but I am going to rent Resistance later tonight.
Old 01-16-07, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.rumorreporter.com/?p=173

High Profile PS3 Title in Trouble

So here’s the little tidbit that all of you PS3 enthusiasts may not want to hear. An anonymous source working on a high profile title for the PlayStation 3 confirmed to me yesterday that their upcoming game had “stalled completely.” Apparently, the company has brought in a new director to salvage the project, but it looks like SCEA wants to stop the bleeding, preventing any more wasted money to be put on the project.

The most intriguing decision that might be considered is releasing the game as a downloadable game on Sony’s online store, instead of a full-fledged title. Obviously, SCEA refuses to start from scratch. And as of right now, there’s only four missions in the game and online multi-player isn’t even guaranteed. This is pretty shocking when you consider that the game was once set to be a major release.

Why did all of this have to happen? My source states that “infighting and [a] lack of clear direction” has cost the studio and SCEA millions on scrapped ideas and development paths.

The stalling of this title also had an adverse effect on the state of the studio’s employees, forcing layoffs and migrations to rival development studios in the area. With current employees already filing for newer and better jobs, it seems as if this particuar developer could be in deep trouble, especially if work morale stands still.

With little revealed on the title in the last few months, and doomsday getting closer for PS3 owners… this one could have plenty of credibility, whether Sony fans like it or not.

We’ll name the title and the studio soon, just be patient for the time being.
Old 01-16-07, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder what it is. Lair?
Old 01-16-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Drexl
I wonder what it is. Lair?
Joystiq seems to think it's Warhawk. Of course it's just a rumor at the moment. For what it's worth, I played Lair at a PS3 preview event and it seemed relatively polished.
Old 01-16-07, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lair is the game that had me asking the wife if I could get the system. That would be awful news but I'd deal.
Old 01-16-07, 04:41 PM

Quick review on Untold Legends Dark Kingdoms

I rented this title recently and liked the game but was not overly impressed. Graphics are on par with PS2 maybe slightly better. Gameplay is weak at best. It's a typical button masher and not much more. Constantly mashing the square button for combo attacks took care of 98% of the enemies. To give an idea of ease on this game, i am not a hardcore gamer and it usually takes a while for me to learn a game, I managed to make it to at least level 8 without saving or dying. I didn't bother with online since you can only do the story mode. It's worth a rent but not much more.
Old 01-16-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, the rumor is that it's going to be Warhawk:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/16/ru...-ps3-download/

Rumor Reporter has confirmed that Incognito's Warhawk is the subject of the site's ominous story posted early this morning. An anonymous source working on the title has allegedly told Rumor Reporter that development has "stalled completely." Supposed "infighting and lack of clear direction" have led to a swelling budget; in turn, prompting layoffs and employee migration.

SCEA has apparently brought in a new director who may be considering a significant change of direction for Warhawk. What was once a high profile title (the first to utilize functioning Sixaxis motion control), may now become a simple downloadable game. Rumor Reporter suggests that Warhawk's four complete missions could be destined for PlayStation Store. Another Gran Turismo HD? Perhaps. But, for now, this is strictly rumor.

We did contact Sony for a statement. Here's the predictable reply: "We haven't made any official announcements regarding Warhawk since last year. At this time, we have nothing new to report regarding this title."
Old 01-16-07, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,074 Posts
Yikes - that's bad news.

I really liked the original Warhawk and was interested in a "next gen" version. A couple of downloadable levels doesn't sound nearly as appealing.
Old 01-16-07, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by corbin dallas
Quick review on Untold Legends Dark Kingdoms

I rented this title recently and liked the game but was not overly impressed. Graphics are on par with PS2 maybe slightly better. Gameplay is weak at best. It's a typical button masher and not much more. Constantly mashing the square button for combo attacks took care of 98% of the enemies. To give an idea of ease on this game, i am not a hardcore gamer and it usually takes a while for me to learn a game, I managed to make it to at least level 8 without saving or dying. I didn't bother with online since you can only do the story mode. It's worth a rent but not much more.
i should have my review for it fairly soon...just testing out the other classes. But your experience is not uncommon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.