Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Post-Launch PS3 Thread - No ebay talk.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Post-Launch PS3 Thread - No ebay talk.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-07, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Resistance is a decent game online but I can take or leave the single player.

The biggest issue online is that you respawning often takes place is the worst spots. I'll respawn right in the middle of a fight or I'll be running and someone will appear right in front of me. It got really annoying but it is still a very fun game.
Old 01-17-07, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can't get my rental copy of Kingdom Hearts to work. Has it bad backwards compatibility issues or do I just have a bad copy? I created a save spot on the drive, it then flashes the PS3 logo. Then my controller will shut off. I click the button to turn it back on and then all I get it a blank screen. Am I missing something?
Old 01-17-07, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If anyone else is buying a PS3 with EB/Gamestop's awesome $100 trade-in deal, make sure you turn off upnp on your router and on the PS3, or else you will never be able to download anything. It's very frustrating and needs to be patched.
Old 01-17-07, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
Well Resistance is a decent game online but I can take or leave the single player.

The biggest issue online is that you respawning often takes place is the worst spots. I'll respawn right in the middle of a fight or I'll be running and someone will appear right in front of me. It got really annoying but it is still a very fun game.
yep, multiplayer is a bitch because of this. I don't know how people get so good at this on MP. I can't tell you how many times i've spawned right in front of someone else and get nailed instantly. It doesn't even give you a chance to turn around before you're capped. I still like the game though.
Old 01-17-07, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't get my rental copy of Kingdom Hearts to work. Has it bad backwards compatibility issues or do I just have a bad copy? I created a save spot on the drive, it then flashes the PS3 logo. Then my controller will shut off. I click the button to turn it back on and then all I get it a blank screen. Am I missing something?
I've been playing KH on my PS3 with no issues. But yeah the controller does turn off when it enters PS2 mode, requiring turning on again.
Old 01-17-07, 10:34 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Pick up the Bluetooth remote control. It's excellent.
Old 01-17-07, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,120 Likes on 1,632 Posts
Originally Posted by DamingR
If anyone else is buying a PS3 with EB/Gamestop's awesome $100 trade-in deal, make sure you turn off upnp on your router and on the PS3, or else you will never be able to download anything. It's very frustrating and needs to be patched.
wait, why is this? I have UPNP turned on on both, and download speeds seem really slow, but it still downloads eventually...
Old 01-17-07, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
UPnP works fine for me.
Old 01-17-07, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I've been playing KH on my PS3 with no issues. But yeah the controller does turn off when it enters PS2 mode, requiring turning on again.
Might of been a glitchy copy then. I went ahead and sent it back today. I'll have to try renting it from Blockbuster that way if it doesn't work I don't have to wait all that time for shipping.

Last edited by MasterofDVD; 01-17-07 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-17-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Wanna write up a hardware review for our feature section on it? :-)
Old 01-17-07, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been thinking about getting this....althuogh, my PS3 controller is ok for now. Maybe when I get a new TV I'll get one. Currently I have my 360 on my 55" Mits (no HDMI) and the PS3 on a 26" LCD (HDMI). Two different rooms in case the wife wants to do something in one....yes, I know I know.
Old 01-17-07, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 227 Likes on 173 Posts
Where did you find one of these? I have been looking everywhere for one but no one seems to have them. Do you have a link you post here? Thanks for your help.
Old 01-17-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The remotes are everywhere lately....WalMart, Best Buy, CC. I saw a couple at Best Buy...but I passed.
Old 01-17-07, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I decided to bite the bullet and I will pick one up tomorrow. I ordered the bluetooth remote as well. I figured you can't beat 600 bucks for a decent bluray player. I'll worry about games later. I only have 2 questions though:

1) does it only come with one controller?

2) does it come with the component cables?

I'm being lazy and don't feel like searching the thread. :-D Any other advice?

Sam
Old 01-17-07, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It comes with one controller and no component cables. I think that they are $50!

I would consider hunting down a 20GB version unless you need the wifi, but if you are already on XBL, you probably don't.
Old 01-17-07, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Does it only come with one controller? Come on, you should know better. I think the last console that actually came with two controllers was the SNES in 1991.

If your TV can accept it, you can get an HDMI cable for under $10 (or more if you need a longer length) at Monoprice.
Old 01-17-07, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LOL! Yeah I should know better. Man! I can't believe it doesn't even come with component cables. I've seen the 20 and 60 versions so i can get either. My 360 is wired but I am still leaning towards the 60gb version of the ps3 (assuming I can still hook it up wired to my router). I can use HDMI but don't ask me why but I prefer component.

Thanks for the quick responses! I am sure I will have more questions tomorrow. :-D
Old 01-17-07, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Do you have the PS2 component cable? I believe that will work with the PS3.
Old 01-17-07, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh! Good to know! I am pretty sure I do. That's 50 bucks I can spend on dvd's now! Thanks!
Old 01-17-07, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 397 Likes on 321 Posts
Made a mistake in my earlier post... my PS3 User ID is: Rogbib (same as my 360). Feel free to add me.
Old 01-17-07, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone know how to transfer files from the SD card to the HD?
Old 01-17-07, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rob V
Made a mistake in my earlier post... my PS3 User ID is: Rogbib (same as my 360). Feel free to add me.
I went nuts looking for a way to put a space in the ID so I'm thrilled to see the updated name.

The list is one again updated.

We really need a sticky thread for game IDs. It seems like having 3 threads would be a real annoyance on the forum. It's a shame we can't get everyone to place nice so we can have 1 thread that covers the online Codes/Gamertags/IDs for all systems.
Old 01-17-07, 10:07 PM

can add my id to the list as well, only played tiger woods online though so far

just not sure i'll get into playing online, always get my ass kicked so bad that it's not even fun. tried tiger woods again last night and was playing as my golfer that I use, it's ok, can hit a drive of around 270-290 yards. but ended up playing against someone hitting 350+ yard drives, spinning the ball like crazy, etc. Just got creamed. Maybe there's a way to handicap the players or only play against equally ranked people, i dunno. Just things like that and getting killed by the pros in Resistance all the time is a huge turnoff to online gaming for me as I don't have the time to become good enough I guess. Oh well... I'm sure that isn't the case with all online games.
Old 01-17-07, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by illini420
can add my id to the list as well, only played tiger woods online though so far

just not sure i'll get into playing online, always get my ass kicked so bad that it's not even fun. tried tiger woods again last night and was playing as my golfer that I use, it's ok, can hit a drive of around 270-290 yards. but ended up playing against someone hitting 350+ yard drives, spinning the ball like crazy, etc. Just got creamed. Maybe there's a way to handicap the players or only play against equally ranked people, i dunno. Just things like that and getting killed by the pros in Resistance all the time is a huge turnoff to online gaming for me as I don't have the time to become good enough I guess. Oh well... I'm sure that isn't the case with all online games.
You will find that it's much better to play with fellow forum members here instead of trying to find random folks. The games of Resistance I played today kinda sucked because it was with random folks. Forum members always make a gaming experience much better. Just give us a chance.
Old 01-18-07, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I went nuts looking for a way to put a space in the ID so I'm thrilled to see the updated name.

The list is one again updated.

We really need a sticky thread for game IDs. It seems like having 3 threads would be a real annoyance on the forum. It's a shame we can't get everyone to place nice so we can have 1 thread that covers the online Codes/Gamertags/IDs for all systems.
I created a thread a while back exclusivly for these names. It had maybe 4 posts in it. Not worth a sticky if that's the case.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.