Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The One/Only Nintendo DS Discussion Thread Part V: Clever Subtitle

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes, everyone's will show as backordered.
Old 10-24-06, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chess
I finished the Stamp mode on easy. In the process, I learned a bit about some games I'd never played, and I muddled through a few that I had nary a clue what was going on.

Awesome game.
Stamp mode is great. I've finished it on easy, normal and I only have 5 games left to finish it on hard. Now I will have all the pictochat options unlocked.
Old 10-24-06, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darkside
Stamp mode is great. I've finished it on easy, normal and I only have 5 games left to finish it on hard. Now I will have all the pictochat options unlocked.
Oddly, I haven't noticed an appreciable difference between easy and normal on some of the card games. In Rummy, for instance, the CPU players discard playable cards all the time on both. I'll have to switch it over to hard and see how that pans out.

The games that I've never played, but will probably learn because of this game:

Backgammon
Bridge
Hearts
At least a few others

Clubhouse games is probably worth double the admission price at the $20 I paid for it.
Old 10-24-06, 09:46 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
The cool thing about Clubhouse games is that you can 'share' any game, not just a few select ones, with up to 3 other DSs.
Old 10-24-06, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm trying to go through stamp mode too. I think its a great way to get you to try all the games. I realized some of the games are pretty lame though.

And i hate Dominoes.
I love all the different games that I've played, some I've never heard of before but now I'm completely addicted to them.

(I hate dominoes too, btw)

I'm agree 100% with Goldberg74 that the gamesharing feature in Clubhouse Games is incredible. My wife and I bought only one copy but it's great spending 20 or 30 minutes just playing some random games against one another. I also love that up to 8 people can play using only 1 DS cart, which is a feature that I think more DS games should expand upon in the future.
Old 10-24-06, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Speaking of the uneven difficutly, I absolutely smoked the CPU at Chess on the hard Stamp mode and I stink at Chess. The CPU AI for Chess is terrible.

I did have an amazing come from behind win at Texas Hold em online tonight. Basically won it all on the last card of the last hand. I'm now 434th in the World. Big Whoop.
Old 10-25-06, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got this game primarily for the WiFi feature and have been utterly disgusted by the "worldwide" implementation. Having to pick a game before finding players makes no sense. At least, not without lobbies...

So, who wants to arrange some meet-ups? Should we have a separate thread for that besides this or the WiFi tag one? I'd love to get on and play some Spades or Hearts or anything, really.
Old 10-25-06, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
So, who wants to arrange some meet-ups? Should we have a separate thread for that besides this or the WiFi tag one? I'd love to get on and play some Spades or Hearts or anything, really.
I think this would be a good idea. Rarely can I find anyone to play Hearts online.
I check for Friends rooms when I connect, but its hard to run into people at random. Not sure if it needs a separate thread, but I think we should try to arrange something.
Old 10-25-06, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I seem to be having a problem with my dominoes game.
I can't seem to set them all up in a row and knock them down again. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 10-25-06, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't get all the hatred for dominoes. It's a brilliant game.

My only beef with its implementation in Club House Games is that they do the math for you, which is partly helpful, but is ultimately just a crutch that takes all of the thinking out of the game. You just drag the domino over and it automatically calculates whether it's a multiple of 5 even before you drop it. No need to think at all.
Old 10-25-06, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by chess
I don't get all the hatred for dominoes. It's a brilliant game.

My only beef with its implementation in Club House Games is that they do the math for you, which is partly helpful, but is ultimately just a crutch that takes all of the thinking out of the game. You just drag the domino over and it automatically calculates whether it's a multiple of 5 even before you drop it. No need to think at all.
Maybe it was just the length and lack of interest when playing it in stamp mode. It just seemed like it took forever.

Chess is a far more interesting game. :P
Old 10-25-06, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I ordered the Castlevania bonus pack! I was getting this game anyway because I loved Dawn of Sorrow on the DS, but that bonus is too cool to pass up!
Old 10-26-06, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, I'm thinking about trying to grab 3 more DS titles at the B2G1F thing at Toys R US. Tony Hawk Down Hill Jam is getting great reviews so that one is a must, however, I'm stuck on what else to get.

I'm thinking about Magical Starsign and maybe the poorly reviewed Touch Detective just because I really like point and click adventure, even if its a crappy one. However, I still haven't picked up Starfox and may consider that.

Anyone have ideas? Other options could be Children of Mana, but only if it comes out before the sale is over and maybe the Star Trek Tactics game though I'm sure it will end up sucking. I pretty much have all the older DS titles I wanted having recently picked up Megaman ZX, Metroid Prime Hunters and Point Blank DS.
Old 10-26-06, 03:56 PM
Retired

Guess I'm getting in on the online Castlevania preorder bonus afterall. My mom was asking what games I wanted for X-mas or my B-day next month, so I sent her a link to that at gamestop.com.

I see they dropped the price to $34.99, BUT they tack on an extra $5 shipping fee now due to the "unusual" size and weight of the package. Their aren't any frees hipping coupons at the moment, and from CAG it looks like those that had some personal free shipping coupons for other purchases were still getting the extra $5 anyway, though the regular shipping fee was removed.
Old 10-26-06, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I ended up buying Tony Hawk which is once again excellent. Vicarious Visions is probably the only American developer that gets the DS and gets how to make good DS games.

I also picked up Magical Starsign and I picked up Rub Rabbits which now seems to be hard to find. My wife had been wanting it and they had a copy left so I made it my free game.

Oh well, back to playing Downhill Jam.
Old 10-26-06, 07:54 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Did I read the original post wrong, or can you get the Castlevania set by pre-ordering at physical GS/EB Games as well as the online?
Old 10-26-06, 07:58 PM
Retired

I don't think it's been confirmed whether it will be available in store or not.

Seems like that would have been confirmed by now though, so I'd assume it is online only.
Old 10-26-06, 08:35 PM
Banned by request

Well, guess I'll have to order it online. Damn it.
Old 10-26-06, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I tried twice in store and got the same story. They don't have a sku for the one with the bonus pack. Not even sure that makes sense. Would they need a special sku for it?
Old 10-27-06, 01:50 AM

Crazy Trauma Center video anyone?
Old 10-27-06, 01:53 AM
Banned by request

I hate this man. If I'm correct, this is the section I can't get past, where you do five surgeries in a row and you have to do them all in ten minutes.

By the way, Clubhouse Games is freakin' addicting.
Old 10-27-06, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I hate this man. If I'm correct, this is the section I can't get past, where you do five surgeries in a row and you have to do them all in ten minutes.

By the way, Clubhouse Games is freakin' addicting.
I'm thinking of getting Clubhouse Games... I'm guessing you recommend it?
Old 10-27-06, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got my phoenix wright today for 2,800, it came out yesterday I believe. If I get round to it I'll post some thoughts.
Old 10-27-06, 02:38 AM

what games are addicting to you in clubhouse games?
Old 10-27-06, 03:31 AM
Banned by request

Darts, actually. I'm playing that one compulsively. Also soda shake is hilarious.

And pizza, yes, I'm heartily recommending it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.