Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-12, 03:40 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 3

i have never played World of Warcraft. I know now you can play up to level 20 for free. I know there are lots of restrictions to what you can or cannot do. Is it worth my time?
Old 10-02-12, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wlj
i have never played World of Warcraft. I know now you can play up to level 20 for free. I know there are lots of restrictions to what you can or cannot do. Is it worth my time?
If I was you I would not start playing it.
Old 10-02-12, 10:14 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by gcribbs
If I was you I would not start playing it.

ok

It is just as well, i started to download the starter edition and saw it was a 20 GB download It would take me 2 days to download that. Maybe some other time WoW.
Old 10-03-12, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

We managed to limp in and try some raiding last night. Managed to get the first boss down after some wipes as we messed up the mechanics.

I was happy to get the bonus roll system even in normal raids so I got lucky and won a piece of gear using it.

We did some work on the second boss and I hope today we have enough people to get back in and raid again and kill him. 6 more days to get the other 5 bosses down so we can wipe on heroic modes next week.
Old 10-05-12, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I am really not loving my mage for some reason. That was the toon I picked to level first. Got him halfway to 88, then decided last night to shelve him and start leveling the hunter. I am already having way more fun.
Old 10-08-12, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts

I got my Ret Pally to 90 and am just doing dailies for the most part. The heroics are pretty easy. Might do LFR when it launches.
Old 10-09-12, 09:51 AM

Got the hunter to 88 last night. I've got a lot on my plate for level 90:
- finish up jewelcrafting
- cooking
- farming
- reputations
- dailies
- heroics
- challenge modes
- LFR
- scenarios

Should keep me busy for a while. Plus have a panda monk I'm working on too. Luckily, he has 50% XP bonus.
Old 10-10-12, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

We ended up downing 4 bosses last week and cleared those same bosses this week so far. So hopefully we can full clear this week to start on heroic modes.

I was asked to level my druid healer so I got him to 90 and am starting gearing him up for our second raid team. I must say I am not looking forward to 2 healing some of those fights even on normal modes.
Old 10-10-12, 11:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

After I quit last year I told myself I would never come back.....so much for that. My love for SWTOR lasted for a few months before I got bored with it. I thought Guild Wars 2 was going to be the MMO I'd be playing for the next several years and while there are things I love about that game it lacks the staying power WoW has.

So, I'm back in Azeroth....or Pandaria....whatever. Got my Paladin and Rogue to 90 yesterday. I couldn't decide which one I wanted to get to 90 first, so I decided just to split time between them. Now its all about getting geared out so I can run heroics. Something I wish I would have done before I started leveling to 90 was run Cataclysm randoms to max out my JP. Both my toons had about 2k JP when I hit 90 and then realized I couldn't que for random regulars nor could I run a random heroic because my ilvl wasn't high enough. So it looks like I'll have to start getting rep with some of the factions and try and score upgrades for cheap on the AH.

One thing I laughed at when I heard about it for the first time was the Pet Battle system. Well, I played around with it and its actually quite fun and addicting and yet another thing that I'm going to put countless hours into. Fuck you, Blizzard!
Old 10-11-12, 09:31 AM

I have not even purchased the pet battle skill yet. I refuse to get sucked in until I have at least one character at max level.
Old 10-11-12, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The pet skill is only 10g now I think.

Also if you just do quests into Dread Wastes, you should hit the requirement for Heroics.
Old 10-16-12, 08:41 AM

Finally dinged 90 last night. Holy crap. I was in the Pandaria hub (something of the Two Moons?) at 89, went and dinged, came back, and now there's like 85 quests waiting for me. I have no idea where to start LOL.
Old 03-20-13, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife started playing this again after her niece sent her a scroll of ress. She now wants me to play as well. We both have no idea wtf is going on anymore as everything has changed since BC. The shared mounts / pets is really nice though.

FYI WoW time cards are included in the target b2g1 video game sale. I picked up 3 on Sunday.
Old 03-20-13, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That's a pretty big layoff. You missed what, three expansions?

I stopped playing in November. With school, work, and some good console games coming out, I just got burnt out. I'm sure I'll go back when the next expansion or huge content patch hits.

Maybe.
Old 03-21-13, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
That's a pretty big layoff. You missed what, three expansions?

I stopped playing in November. With school, work, and some good console games coming out, I just got burnt out. I'm sure I'll go back when the next expansion or huge content patch hits.

Maybe.
Yeah, a lot of new content. I don't even know how the talent tree works anymore. I am going to have to do a lot of research.
Old 03-21-13, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm still playing (and loving the new "looking for raid" raids).

The talent trees are a lot less important than they used to be. There arent really "wrong" choices that will screw you so just pick what you think sounds useful or fun. I usually go for the passive talents so i dont have to deal with extra buttons to push. If you're going to be questing, its best to pick a 'damage' specialization (instead of tanking or healing) since it will speed things up.

If you quit during BC, then you should be at level 70, so you'll have 70-78 in Northrend, then 78-85 in the Cataclysm areas and 85 to 90 in Pandaria.

In you absence, the game as gotten easier but it will take a while to figure it all out again.
Old 03-21-13, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
In you absence, the game as gotten easier but it will take a while to figure it all out again.
That means my wife shouldn't get me killed as much! I saw last night that they still have a queue for popular servers... 400+ person queue to join Tichondrius...
Old 03-21-13, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie
That means my wife shouldn't get me killed as much! I saw last night that they still have a queue for popular servers... 400+ person queue to join Tichondrius...
One thing that is important to know while leveling ... (but might not effect you as much on Tichondrius) ..

They implemented CrossRealmZones (the dreaded CRZ), which kind of takes people on lower populated servers and just kind of magically warps them to other servers. So you may run across people from other servers while you are leveling up. Not really a big deal, except for the fact that you now have a much larger group of people competing for the same resources. Except they take resources from your server, and go sell them on THEIR server's Auction house.

So not only can it be tough to farm things like lower level ore, herbs, etc ... but the prices on the AH for them have skyrocketed in some cases.
Old 03-22-13, 07:47 AM

Yeah, I saw that a couple of times. Why would they warp them? They should just merge the damn servers together! If lower level profession crap has skyrocketed in price, I should make a killing. I am a hoarder and have like 8 mules on each account lol
Old 03-22-13, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

wow, i havent seen a queue in years and i'm on an original realm
Old 03-22-13, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by DaveNinja
wow, i havent seen a queue in years and i'm on an original realm
Yeah, the other realm we used to play on (Durotan) seems to be a medium pop server. It used to have a lot of people.
Old 03-22-13, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

Yeah, I saw that a couple of times. Why would they warp them? They should just merge the damn servers together! If lower level profession crap has skyrocketed in price, I should make a killing. I am a hoarder and have like 8 mules on each account lol
They are trying to fix the server problems without actually merging servers, because that's a red flag that signals an MMO is dying.
Old 03-22-13, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm waiting for WoW to go free one of these days. That would change things dramatically.

Maybe it'll happen once they move onto the next big thing and nobody cares anymore. Didn't that happen to EQ?
Old 06-19-13, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wlj
Did you ever pick this up?

The Battle Chest is $5 from blizzard this week, as is Cataclysm. Mists of Pandoria is $20.

http://us.blizzard.com/store/browse....9,p:1100002176

I think I might finally give it a shot, but am a little frightened of it.
Old 06-22-13, 06:09 PM
wlj

Originally Posted by starman9000
Did you ever pick this up?

The Battle Chest is $5 from blizzard this week, as is Cataclysm. Mists of Pandoria is $20.

http://us.blizzard.com/store/browse....9,p:1100002176

I think I might finally give it a shot, but am a little frightened of it.

I downloaded the starter edition a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed the little bit of time I spent with it, but I ultimately decided I didn't want to pay $15 per month to play the full game so I stopped playing. Anyway, Order and Chaos on my iPad feels almost exactly like WOW, so that should keep me happy. Also, Rift just went free to play so I may get involved with it. There are a lot of free MMOs available that rival WoW at least somewhat.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.