At being a net nerd. Congratulations! I'm just jealous I didn't find it first
Old 09-29-06, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exactly!
Old 09-29-06, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, great hands-on impressions for Madden Wii. Nice to see that EA is putting some effort into the Wii.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/736/736278p1.html

Looks like another game to be added to my "buy" list!

Last edited by CreatureX; 09-29-06 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-29-06, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 502 Likes on 297 Posts
Originally Posted by CreatureX
Wow, great hands-on impressions for Madden Wii. Nice to see that EA is putting some effort into the Wii.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/736/736278p1.html

Looks like another game to be added to my "buy" list!
Sounds really good, but I wish they could have included online play.
Old 09-29-06, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Check out these Madden Wii videos, once again thanks to guys at GAF:

Direct Feed 1
Direct Feed 2
Direct Feed 3
Old 09-29-06, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
THANK YOU. This post should be kept bolded on every page of this thread until the system is released.
AGREED. Everyone seems to think this will be like playing DDR. Please. They've said time and time again you don't have to make crazy large motions for it to work.

You don't see anyone sweating to use a mouse, do you?

And though games might look nice on a TV up to, say 50 inches, Wii titles might suffer if projected onto a wall in 100 inches or on a fat 65-inch rear-projection set
480p Gamecube looks great on my 100" projection screen. Nothing like 4-player Mario Kart and everyone gets a 25" screen

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 09-29-06 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-30-06, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey
480p Gamecube looks great on my 100" projection screen. Nothing like 4-player Mario Kart and everyone gets a 25" screen
No kidding. A friend of mine works for an A/V company. He brought one home for the Super Bowl years ago. Needless to say it was a killer Mario Kart and Goldeneye weekend.
Old 09-30-06, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin

Direct Feed 1
Direct Feed 2
Direct Feed 3

No matter how many videos and articles I read I'm still not convinced. This system is going to be something you have to play to know whether or not you like.

Last edited by Lee Harvey Oswald; 09-30-06 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-30-06, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GreenMonkey
Yup, I totally agree!
Old 09-30-06, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i'm sure this has probably been addressed before, but i frankly don't have the time to wade thru 28 pages of posts. Will the Wii have a port or some other way to use saved games from the Gamecube memory cards? Thanks
Old 09-30-06, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

yes
Old 10-01-06, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Wii has Gamecube memory card ports so no hassle for anyone.
Old 10-01-06, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by BrentLumkin

Direct Feed 1
Direct Feed 2
Direct Feed 3
I'm not too impressed if the use of the Wiimote in reduced to replacing buttons. That is, it looked a bit like passes using a flick could just as easily, or even more easily, been accomplished by pressing a button. I guess time will tell.
Old 10-01-06, 08:51 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
I'm not too impressed if the use of the Wiimote in reduced to replacing buttons. That is, it looked a bit like passes using a flick could just as easily, or even more easily, been accomplished by pressing a button. I guess time will tell.

From what I've read it's a bit more intricate than that, with the speed you move it determining the speed of the pass. i.e. fast is a bullet, slower is a lob, in between is a normal pass.

But still nothing ground breaking.

I don't have very high hopes for it. EA is the last company I expect to make good use of the Wii.
Old 10-01-06, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 502 Likes on 297 Posts
Of course for some of that stuff you could use a button. I guess it just depends if you feel that acting out the motion would put you more into the game, or if it's just a hassle. If done right, I'm pretty sure I would rather perform some kind of motion.
Old 10-01-06, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Those Red Steel shots Brent posted look impressive IMO
Old 10-01-06, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Of course for some of that stuff you could use a button. I guess it just depends if you feel that acting out the motion would put you more into the game, or if it's just a hassle. If done right, I'm pretty sure I would rather perform some kind of motion.
I would like the option of using the wii mote or using the Retro controller for new Wii games. I think performing the motion could be fun some of the time, but there are other times I'd rather kick back in the recliner and relax.

I think the motion controller would work best with a football game, or maybe baseball since they have a slower pace to it. I don't know if it would work with hockey or basketball though.

Is NBA Live 2007 coming out for Wii? It's on IGN's release dates, but I haven't seen any info on it anywhere else.

Last edited by Lee Harvey Oswald; 10-01-06 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-01-06, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Yep. Same here. Tore your palm to smithereens. If one person used that method everyone would have to because you didn't stand a chance against the palm method.

Coincidentally all those games were the favorites among my group of friends, especially the 4 player ones. The fishing for treasure game was tops. The Tug of War was an absolute bitch. It would feel like that timer would never reach zero. We still loved it though.
I agree, those were my favorites of the games too. I understand why Nintendo had to pull them from future MP's, but man they were fun.

One time, my friend put on a workout glove so he can do the palm method without it hurting. Within one minigame, it tore a hole right through the glove. It was awesome.
Old 10-01-06, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

, all this talk of MP1 makes me lol. I do remember that mini-game. You can't blame Nintendo that we all would do anything to win at a mini-game, even if it involves ripping your hands to shreds. Hell, I'd dislocate my arm to win at Wario Ware for Wii .
Old 10-02-06, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Lee Harvey Oswald
I would like the option of using the wii mote or using the Retro controller for new Wii games. I think performing the motion could be fun some of the time, but there are other times I'd rather kick back in the recliner and relax.
If they did this the system would fail miserably. Then it truly would be nothing more than a Gamecube with a gimmicky controller. They have to dive in head first and get people to use the wiimote, not cast it aside for a classic controller.
Old 10-02-06, 10:02 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
If they did this the system would fail miserably. Then it truly would be nothing more than a Gamecube with a gimmicky controller. They have to dive in head first and get people to use the wiimote, not cast it aside for a classic controller.
Agree with this. The controller is the whole point of this system. It's like playing Guitar Hero without the guitar, or Dance Dance Revolution without a dance mat. It's not about what's easier. It's not even really about playing games for 10 hours straight. Frankly I kind of like the idea of getting too exhausted to play anymore... my body will help me set limits to my game playing because my brain obviously has problems in that regard.
Old 10-02-06, 11:15 AM
Retired

Originally Posted by DRG
Agree with this. The controller is the whole point of this system. It's like playing Guitar Hero without the guitar, or Dance Dance Revolution without a dance mat.
Exactly. If you don't like the idea of playing with the wiimote, don't buy the Wii.

The controller is the whole point of the system. It's really all it offers over the gamecube (I don't count slightly better graphics as it's not the normal next gen leap in that area).
Old 10-02-06, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Exactly. If you don't like the idea of playing with the wiimote, don't buy the Wii.

The controller is the whole point of the system. It's really all it offers over the gamecube (I don't count slightly better graphics as it's not the normal next gen leap in that area).
I agree. Especially considering the people I'd play with are like, my girlfriend, sibling, or parents. I hardly ever get to play multiplayer in person because the learning curve is too high for casual gamers on most X360/Xbox/PS2 games. I look forward to being able to just have a good time playing with people, and the Wiimote sounds like a lot of fun to me
Old 10-02-06, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle

This is probably the exact reason why they split Zelda into two releases. If the biggest launch title could be played either way, where is the incentive to learn with the Wiimote? Also where would third parties fall? If Nintendo's lead title had this crutch it is likely third parties would follow suit, ruining the point of the system.
Old 10-02-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The only reason that they are releasing a GC version of Zelda is because it's been in the works for the system for a very long time, and they promised that even thought it would be on the Wii as well, they would still live up to their word and release it on the GC.

I'd be willing to bet that you wont see the same with any future major titles, unless they're multi-platform to begin with, and even then I don't see many releasing titles for the GC for much longer. Zelda is just a special case right now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.