Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dead Rising for 360?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-06, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard from the Gamestop review that the save feature is the worst. Any chance they would do some sort of patch??
Old 12-26-06, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The save feature isn't bad at all. It actually makes the game challenging.
Old 12-27-06, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Save feature isn't bad, it just requires a minute level of planning. You might have to replay certain parts, but the game is so fun it doesn't really matter.

Beat it for the first time last night. Missed out on an early case, so I decided I'd just power up by going through the 72 hours. Whole lot of fun, and I can't wait to beat it again
Old 12-27-06, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 934 Likes on 659 Posts
Originally Posted by TOLEN
I heard from the Gamestop review that the save feature is the worst. Any chance they would do some sort of patch??
Saving is fine. I never really understood the complaint. This isn't the first game to have certain "save points" you have to make it to. I think the only valid complaint is the lack of explaining the 'save & continue' vs. 'save & quit.' People choose 'save & quit' and get pissed off when they have to start over.
Old 12-27-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Nope. The roof outside the security room is outdoors, as well as the courtyard, so if you are playing the game normally it will be impossible to get either since you have to traverse through both areas multiple times.
Didn't know that. I wasn't specifically trying for those two achievements, but they eventually just popped up for me while I was playing earlier on.

As far as the save system, I didn't mind it. Much more strategic than just saving every time you get ina bind. If you have issues with it, an additional memory card or two, will assist you with a couple of more save points.
Old 12-27-06, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,431 Likes on 4,398 Posts
Can someone explain how this save system is different from most games? I certainly understand save points, but what do you mean about needing to plan? Is this just that there's only one save "slot" and if you miss something in you r72-hr experience, then it's gone and you'll not be able to go back to a previous save, or is there something else?
Old 12-27-06, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Decker
Can someone explain how this save system is different from most games? I certainly understand save points, but what do you mean about needing to plan? Is this just that there's only one save "slot" and if you miss something in you r72-hr experience, then it's gone and you'll not be able to go back to a previous save, or is there something else?
Yes. A quick breakdown:

- 1 save slot which you can get around with memory cards. 1 save per card as well. If you aren't paying close enough attention to the time and save with too little time to clear the next case, you have to start over. Again, if you have a memory card that helps, and just paying close enough attention to the time helps.

- Save points. You can only save in the restrooms (and security room). There is a restroom area in, I'd say, every other area. I wouldn't say there is a whole lot of strategic planning to save, but you do have to think about making it back through that horde of zombies to do so. So it is a small challenge, but not quite as easy as a 'save anywhere' type function. I think it adds to the game.

- The nefarious 'save & quit' isn't quite what it seems. If you choose this it 'quits' your quest and you start over at the very beginning. To actually end the game you choose 'save & continue' and then power off the system.
Old 12-27-06, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thats it. There's only one save slot. So, if you miss something or you don't give yourself enough time you're stuck. I like it. It makes the game a little more intense.
Old 12-27-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,431 Likes on 4,398 Posts
If you miss something, you have to start over from the very beginning again?
Old 12-27-06, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Decker
If you miss something, you have to start over from the very beginning again?
Sorta. There are about 8 different endings and only 1 requires you to clear all the cases(if I'm not mistaken). So you can continue on regardless and maybe shoot for achievements instead.
Old 12-27-06, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And replaying isn't the chore that it sounds like. I restarted 4-5 times before I finished it once. No complaints at all.
Old 12-27-06, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, once you level up to 50, get Adam's chainsaw (and/or the Real Mega Buster) and a few books, it's pretty hard for you to die, so you can have free reign to replay for achievements. Timing and retarded survivors will always be the challenge though.
Old 12-27-06, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've stopped playing it for long time. I'll trade it for something more exciting than that.
Old 12-28-06, 06:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Sorta. There are about 8 different endings and only 1 requires you to clear all the cases(if I'm not mistaken). So you can continue on regardless and maybe shoot for achievements instead.
Actually there are 6 endings, and 2 of them require you to complete all cases.

Here are the endings if anyone cares:

Spoiler:
These endings are in order from best to worst. Ending 1 is the only ending that leads to overtime mode, so it is the "real" ending.

Ending 1: Solve all cases, speak to Isabela after 10am on the third day, then be at the heliport at noon on the third day.

Ending 2: Do not solve all cases, be at the heliport at noon on the third day.

Ending 3: Solve all cases, do not be at the heliport at noon on the third day.

Ending 4: Allow Special Forces to capture you, then be in their custody at noon on the third day.

Ending 5: Do not solve all cases, do not be at the heliport at noon on the third day.

Ending 6: Do not collect all of Carlito's bombs during the act where he plants them in the maintenance tunnels. The game will end with the entire mall and every survivor being blown to bits.
Old 12-29-06, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmm. I may go back to see Ending 6.
Old 12-30-06, 04:44 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

This game is a lot of fun, but it pisses me off. I took too long doing some of my missions, so I missed some scoops. I now have to restart because it's telling me I cannot continue with the story and I've lost any chance of finding out the truth.

Eugh.
Old 12-30-06, 03:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wick
This game is a lot of fun, but it pisses me off. I took too long doing some of my missions, so I missed some scoops. I now have to restart because it's telling me I cannot continue with the story and I've lost any chance of finding out the truth.

Eugh.
Read my post two posts above yours. You don't have to complete the main quest scoops in order to finish the game. You have to complete the main scoops in order to get the real ending and go on to overtime mode, but you can still play on and get another ending without the main scoops.
Old 12-30-06, 04:39 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
I have this game but haven't started it yet. If I recall the save system is a bit limited.

If I want to have multiple saves (maybe near the end to help get all the endings) should I maybe save to a memory card and back the saves up?
Old 12-30-06, 05:32 PM

I bought this game and really want to play it because of all the good word of mouth. However, I have a 25" SD TV and was wondering how hard it really was to read the text. I usually sit about 5-8 feet away from the TV when I play...will it be difficult to tell what's going on?
Old 12-30-06, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by vinhj
I bought this game and really want to play it because of all the good word of mouth. However, I have a 25" SD TV and was wondering how hard it really was to read the text. I usually sit about 5-8 feet away from the TV when I play...will it be difficult to tell what's going on?
Play it and find out, my friend.
Old 12-30-06, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trevor
If I want to have multiple saves (maybe near the end to help get all the endings) should I maybe save to a memory card and back the saves up?

I could be wrong, but I think you are only allowed 1 save per storage device. So if you wanted 5 saves for example, you would need 5 memory cards (or the hard drive and 4 memory cards). Memory cards could be different; I don't know since I don't use one. The hard drive only allows for 1 save slot though.

Originally Posted by vinhj
This is what the text looks like on a SDTV:

I have a 27" SDTV and also sit 5-6 feet away. It is impossible to read the text. I bought the VGA cable and now have my 360 hooked up to my 19" PC monitor. Sure I lose some screen size, but the clarity more than makes up for it IMO. I could never go back to playing on SDTV.
Old 12-30-06, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it's gonna be a little rough to play this on an SDTV.
Old 12-30-06, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Holy shit.

I just started over halfway through the second day because of the cultists. I can't defeat them at all. Unfuckingreal. I never did defeat Adam and get his chainsaws the first time, so I'm going to try to do that this time around.
Old 12-31-06, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts
They need to make the sequel a MMORPG.
Old 12-31-06, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
Holy shit.

I just started over halfway through the second day because of the cultists. I can't defeat them at all. Unfuckingreal. I never did defeat Adam and get his chainsaws the first time, so I'm going to try to do that this time around.
I completely stunk at this game. I couldn't defeat a single psychopath. But I was still having a blast. What I did was go for the genocider achievement, finish the game, and unlock the real megabuster. Only THEN was I able to defeat the psychos and get the true ending, unlock overtime mode, complete THAT, and unlock infinity mode. The real megabuster helped me, but it still wasn't a cakewalk... (that's how bad I am at this game) LOL

Originally Posted by Cusm
They need to make the sequel a MMORPG.
That would be insane! (in a good way)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.