DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Dead Rising for 360? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/466569-dead-rising-360-a.html)

RockStrongo 05-24-06 10:41 AM

Dead Rising for 360?

Anyone excited about this game?? I think it looks awesome....Dawn of th Dead concept....cant wait.

tbird2340 05-24-06 11:07 AM

Yea, I think it looks major fun! The trailer is sweet!

DJ_Longfellow 05-24-06 11:15 AM

Yep, the game looks fun...people are saying it's rather short, but he decent replayability. I think there is an internal clock in the game where you have to wait for a chopper to rescue you.

I hope the game is fun....seems like a great concept (although, some are worried it might turn into State of Emerency )

BravesMG 05-24-06 11:19 AM

The trailer has made Dead Rising the most anticipated game of the year for me, between the graphics and playability (at least it appears to be very easy to control), I'm hoping it will be great.

bryce0lynch 05-24-06 05:09 PM

I just saw this on X-Play. I hadn't really been interested in a 360, but now I think I'll get one to play this game.

sracer 05-24-06 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by RockStrongo
Anyone excited about this game?? I think it looks awesome....Dawn of th Dead concept....cant wait.

Yes, I WAS excited. Until it got bumped, bumped again, then bumped once more. The latest bump was out to Sept 06, but it looks like that latest is Dec 06. :(

By then, I'll be eagerly awaiting the release of the Wii.

BravesMG 05-24-06 07:33 PM

Wow... December? That's terrible. Talk about killing the anticipation, releasing the trailer nearly 10 months ahead of the game isn't really helpful.

tbird2340 05-25-06 06:46 AM

Is that for sure?? Decemeber!?!?!? Man, that blows.

DJ_Longfellow 05-25-06 06:53 AM

I never heard a correct release date for this.....hopefully they are fixing all the issues. Maybe adding some kind of LIVE play ;) that would be sweet.

RockStrongo 05-25-06 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
(although, some are worried it might turn into State of Emerency )

Oh God...hopefully not, I was so excited about that game, bought it and stopped playing it after a few minutes....Hated it.

matome 05-25-06 09:11 AM

Damn I was looking forward to this in a few weeks too :(

RockStrongo 05-25-06 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by matome
Damn I was looking forward to this in a few weeks too :(

Gamespot says Aug 22nd....is that not correct? Does anyone know a more updated release date?

ChrisHicks 05-25-06 09:15 AM

I was planning on not buying any more games until I bought this one(trying to budget myself). I really hope that Dec. date is wrong. :(

wlj 05-25-06 11:32 AM

just watched the E3 trailer -- the game looks like ALOT of fun. i will put this on my "to get" list.

wlj

sracer 05-25-06 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I was planning on not buying any more games until I bought this one(trying to budget myself). I really hope that Dec. date is wrong. :(

Same here. I saw the date slip from May -> June -> Aug -> Sept -> Dec. :( I'm hoping that it is wrong, and it might be...

UncleGramps 05-25-06 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by sracer
Same here. I saw the date slip from May -> June -> Aug -> Sept -> Dec. :( I'm hoping that it is wrong, and it might be...

Capcom's site says August. IGN says Aug. 22nd. Gamestop (admittedly not too reliable) says Aug. 6th. Where did you hear December, or even September?

The Bus 05-25-06 09:54 PM

Who said December???

sracer 05-25-06 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by MaxF
Capcom's site says August. IGN says Aug. 22nd. Gamestop (admittedly not too reliable) says Aug. 6th. Where did you hear December, or even September?

The XBL forums had a few links that mentioned Sept and Dec. At this point I'd be delighted if it were only delayed until August.

RockStrongo 05-26-06 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by MaxF

Gamespot says Aug 8th....Just yesterday or the day before, it said Aug 22nd. Not sure why the change.

Michael Ballack 05-26-06 09:38 AM

It looks like one of the malls is either the forum shops or the venetian shops in Vegas, or at least modeled after them. I can't wait myself.

DJ_Longfellow 05-26-06 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack
It looks like one of the malls is either the forum shops or the venetian shops in Vegas, or at least modeled after them. I can't wait myself.

The game is just ONE mall....I hope it's a REALLY BIG mall. Seems like a lot of fun though...yeah!

RockStrongo 05-26-06 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Ballack

Do those stores have an A&F? I wont play the game unless it does.

;)

Cusm 05-26-06 10:44 AM

Any chance of this having multi-player?

Here is the gamespot link.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...=dead%20rising

Obey The D 05-26-06 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by RockStrongo
Do those stores have an A&F? I wont play the game unless it does.

;)

A bunch of mindless zombies roaming around in A&F? Wow...this game is shaping up to be quite realistic. :)

RockStrongo 05-26-06 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Obey The D
A bunch of mindless zombies roaming around in A&F? Wow...this game is shaping up to be quite realistic. :)

Hahaha....yeah, hopefully they will have the clueless, mall teen zombies just like the ones that exist at every mall.