Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dead Rising for 360?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by matome

And how the hell do you take out the Hella Copter? I have plenty of machine guns (bless you mini-chainsaws!) but can't seem to get it down.
I used the machine guns and aimed for the tail rotor blade. Jump up onto the little shelter area so you are out of the reach of the zombies, then blast that copter. I doesn't take too many shots actually.
Old 10-20-06, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK, thanks guys. Guess I'm screwed. Oh let me guess...I also was on my way to the Saint achievement this run, but it seems all my survivors have disappeared to the Special Forces. They're gone for good? No heli rescue for them?
Old 10-20-06, 09:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also was on my way to the Saint achievement this run, but it seems all my survivors have disappeared to the Special Forces. They're gone for good? No heli rescue for them?
Did you have survivors in the security room? If so, then they are rescued. All the survivors disappear shortly before the special forces arrive. There should be a note from Otis in the computer room that says that another helicopter arrived and they all left on it.

It was so nice of Otis to call you on the walkie-talkie when the helicopter arrived, so that you could get back in time to leave on it too. Nope, instead he leaves a note saying that they all escaped, but you are still stuck there. Otis is such an asshole.

Last edited by kgrogers1979; 10-20-06 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-20-06, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,132 Posts
I just started this game(BB 39.99) so we'll see how this goes....
Old 10-20-06, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Did you have survivors in the security room? If so, then they are rescued. All the survivors disappear shortly before the special forces arrive. There should be a note from Otis in the computer room that says that another helicopter arrived and they all left on it.

It was so nice of Otis to call you on the walkie-talkie when the helicopter arrived, so that you could get back in time to leave on it too. Nope, instead he leaves a note saying that they all escaped, but you are still stuck there. Otis is such an asshole.
OK, I wasn't sure if they got taken away. Last I checked I had like 39 survivors/ Guess I wasn't a Saint after all.

I killed the Hella Copter finally. Now I guess I just sit up in the hideout with Isabella for 6 hours (how come there is no option to do other things besides Talk )??? I don't want to venture out since I have one chanisaw left and don't want to lose it to the Special Forces if I get stripped.

Giantrobo: have fun! It may be slow going in the beginning but once you get the hang of it and start leveling up, you get insanely hooked like me (I was a little late to the party as well).
Old 10-20-06, 10:31 PM
Banned

I don't want to venture out since I have one chanisaw left and don't want to lose it to the Special Forces if I get stripped.
The chainsaw respawns, so you can always pick up another one if you lose your current one. I am not sure, but Isabella might not call you at 10am to tell you to meet her if you stay in the hideout the whole time. If you don't get this call, then a certain cutscene will never trigger, and the helicopter will not be there to pick you up at noon. Anyways, it is worth it to wander around the mall killing the special forces. They give 5000 PP for each one killed. I leveled up 6 or 7 times just running around killing them.
Old 10-20-06, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
yeah, I think that Frank CAN'T be in the hideout waiting for the 10am call. Just hang out down at the stack of boxes at the entrance to the hideout...
Old 10-21-06, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
The chainsaw respawns, so you can always pick up another one if you lose your current one. I am not sure, but Isabella might not call you at 10am to tell you to meet her if you stay in the hideout the whole time. If you don't get this call, then a certain cutscene will never trigger, and the helicopter will not be there to pick you up at noon. Anyways, it is worth it to wander around the mall killing the special forces. They give 5000 PP for each one killed. I leveled up 6 or 7 times just running around killing them.
Wait a sec...the mini-chainsaw respawns??? Back at the Astroland ride control panel? Oh man, I have to go and get it. I played through most of the game (with the Engineering Book) saving those for the bosses, and now my last one is flashing. Thanks for that tip, it's huge for me.

Anyway, I WAS in the Hideout at 10:00AM with Isabella and while the phone didn't ring the cut scene just began anway, so I guess it does work. I spoke to Isabella where she said to leave her and headed back to the helipad for my intro to Overtime. I'm already at Level 50 and have all the doable (at that point) achievements. so I didn't want to risk losing all my stuff. But if I can get me another mini-chainsaw I'll be happy
Old 10-22-06, 06:04 PM
Banned

Wait a sec...the mini-chainsaw respawns??? Back at the Astroland ride control panel?
Yep. If the boss weapon is useable by Frank, it will keep respawning. Cliff's machete is another overpowered weapon that will keep respawning. I use it sometimes when I get bored with Adam's chainsaws. I wish you could dual wield chainsaws like Adam does.
Old 10-30-06, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the info.

I'm trying to get Zombie Genocider now and have 13000 kills with 14 hours (game time) left. Is this enough time to get to the 52000 driving around the tunnels, or should I just start a new game and dedicate it to that?
Old 10-31-06, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I'm trying to get Zombie Genocider now and have 13000 kills with 14 hours (game time) left. Is this enough time to get to the 52000 driving around the tunnels, or should I just start a new game and dedicate it to that?
Well, if I remember the video they had on youtube.com the guys was getting 1000 to 1500 kills for about 3 1/2 minutes per trip in the tunnel. 5 minutes real time is 1 hour in the game. So it might be better just to start a new game just to be safe.
Old 10-31-06, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Thanks for the info.

No way you're going to make it.

Did you start at the beginning of the game? If you've done 48 hours and if that is all you have then nabbing another 39,000 in 14 hours will be damn near impossible. Sounds like you started for this in the middle of a game you were already playing. This achievement will take nearly 2 1/2 game days to get so starting at the beginning is a must.

Are you following the route?

Grab red car, drive down ramp. To your immediate right there are usually at least 3 zombies pushing oxygen tanks. Mow them down with your hood. Throw it in reverse if you have to. Then head towards the white car. Right before the white car there is a tunnel leading right, where there are 2-3 zombies pushing tanks. Knock em out. Don't go too far though, just head back and forth running them all down until your car dies.

Run and hop in white car when this happens. Head to the truck under Seon's. Again you will pass the entrance/exit where those 3 zombies pushing oxygen will have respawned. Wipe 'em out. Head up towards Seon's. There will be about 3 more pushing oxygen at the bend in the turn. Hit 'em. On your way up the ramp to the truck there are usually 1-2 more with oxygen. At this point the car is basically wiped, but mow down the mob of them next to the truck. Drive in circles. Head down the ramp just a bit and hit another respawned oxygen tank. Turn around and run through the mob again. Do this until the car dies.

Hop in the truck. I turned to where it looked like I was going to head down the ramp, but instead threw it into reverse and backed over the mob of Zombies, then headed forward to take out a second batch. Then head out to the red car. Do not use the truck for zombie killing. It dies quick so it is just a means to get out to the red car and start over.

Good luck. It is a very boring achievement to get but the Mega Buster is definitely helpful on later run throughs when you are trying to accomplish things and don't have to worry about bosses.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 10-31-06 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-31-06, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, I was continuing a game where I went for and got Frank The Pimp and a clothes achievement, then I just started screwing around in the tunnels, got the 10000 kills and figured I might try for Genocider while I was at it. Definitely looks like I'm gonna start over.

Thanks for the tunnel tips, I was pretty much using the red car to get to the Seon's truck and then right back out to the parking lot with the truck. Didn't know about the white car. Your method should net me a lot more kills than I was getting.
Old 10-31-06, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Didn't know about the white car.
It's under Paradise Plaza.
Old 10-31-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I suck.

I tried to play, I kept getting killed by that Hispanic guy @ food court. Only way I can beat it if 360 provide damn mouse.

Maybe Dead Rising isn't for me.
Old 10-31-06, 10:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by McHawkson
I suck.

I tried to play, I kept getting killed by that Hispanic guy @ food court. Only way I can beat it if 360 provide damn mouse.

I really don't see why so many people have trouble with this boss battle. Sure the FPS controls are wonky, but it isn't that bad. Being in the food court, there are healing items everywhere too.

If you are really having trouble, there was a guy with a shotgun at the very beginning of the mall. You could have picked up his shotgun after he was killed. Of course, you can't get back there now, so you would have to start over if you want his shotgun. There is also an uzi on the awning directly above the door leading back to the security room in Paradise Plaza. Either of these guns will tear up Carlito, but he is still perfectly beatable with a standard handgun.
Old 11-03-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow... been playing Dead Rising on standard TV and I had hard time reading the text messages. I just bought new Dell system including 20' widescreen monitor (2007WFP), I hooked it up and text messages are much clearer!!

Now, I got to start over and get ready for %$^*# hispanic guy.
Old 11-03-06, 09:55 AM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by McHawkson
I suck.

Get the real Mega Blaster. Carlito will go down with one shot.
Old 11-03-06, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Dvdlovr24
Get the real Mega Blaster. Carlito will go down with one shot.
I agree. Try as I might, I couldn't defeat one psychopath no matter what. But then I set out to obtain the real Mega Buster, and was able to get through the story. In the end, the Real Mega Buster makes defeating the psychos easier, but there is still plenty of challenges. And it really doesn't make obtaining the achievements that much easier.

The Real Mega Buster is for the gamingly-challenged players like me.
Old 12-06-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=628

I can't quote posts right now, but I experienced this very thing last night. I started playing the game, saved a couple of times, and turned it off. When I started again, I was only given the start new game option, although I could still see my stats. When I started over, when I went to save again it asked me to overwrite my existing save, so something is saved there. I'll have to try again tonight, but it's pretty frustrating to have to start from scratch again for no good reason except a complicated save system. And from reading this thread, I know it only gets worse
Old 12-06-06, 11:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two save options: "Save and Continue" and "Save and End"

Save and Continue is a normal save like in every other game. You save the game and continue playing.

Save and End saves your current stats, but it completely ends your game and starts you all over from the beginning with your saved stats.

When you want to quit playing but not erase your game, select Save and Continue, and then after it saves, just hit the power button on the console, or hold down the guide button until the shut down option appears. It is not like a PC where you need to shut down all the programs before turning off the computer.
Old 12-06-06, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by movieking
I'll have to try again tonight, but it's pretty frustrating to have to start from scratch again for no good reason except a complicated save system. And from reading this thread, I know it only gets worse
taffer is right and it really isn't that complicated, but it shouldn't be frustrating. The game is designed that way to be short enough to restart and build your stats and abilities. Don't even sweat it. I don't think ANYONE could finish the game on the first try without at least one restart. I think the typical restarting point for most newcomers is around the beginning of Case 3.

It's really not that difficult once you get the hang of it. The save issue is overblown.
Old 12-06-06, 12:35 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I beat the game on my first try. Granted, I did die a few times, so I had to go back to a previous save and be more careful. Or, I got caught by the
Spoiler:
special forces or the cult
and had to go back to my save. I managed my cases well so that I got the true ending. I didn't save more then a handful of survivors. I finished the game somewhere in the low 20's for level.

So, it is possible to beat it on the first try and without starting from scratch while keeping skills/level.
Old 12-06-06, 12:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I don't think ANYONE could finish the game on the first try without at least one restart.
I did.

I even managed to get to the max level of 50 by the end of overtime mode without any restarting.

Once you get Adam's chainsaws, the game becomes way too easy, IMO. It is a little rough going until you get to Adam, but it isn't that bad.
Old 12-06-06, 12:41 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I still have yet to experience the chansaws. When I get back to doing more of the achievements I am going to try for the chainsaws and the mega blaster.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.