Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dead Rising for 360?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-06, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockStrongo
Do those stores have an A&F? I wont play the game unless it does.

I'd love to throw some zombie's through the a & f window myself.
Old 05-27-06, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cusm
Any chance of this having multi-player?

Here is the gamespot link.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...=dead%20rising
Looks like the cover has the "Live" logo on it, so perhaps it will indeed be multi-player
Old 05-28-06, 12:43 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This kind of looks like Grand Theft Auto playwise. If this turns out to be awesome it could push me over to buying a 360 earlier than I expected.
Old 05-28-06, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How many zombies can Dead Rising render on screen at once? These screenshots are crawling with hundreds of zombies.

Old 05-28-06, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am so looking forward to this game! Probably the only one I really want all year, now that Frame City was cancelled.
Old 05-30-06, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by achau9598
Looks like the cover has the "Live" logo on it, so perhaps it will indeed be multi-player

I think all 360 games have Live on the cover as all games are "Live Aware" or whatever they call that. Oblivion has Live on the cover and it is only Live Aware and content download.
Old 05-30-06, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think all 360 games have Live on the cover as all games are "Live Aware" or whatever they call that. Oblivion has Live on the cover and it is only Live Aware and content download.
Exactly...XBox touts their downloadable content from marketplace alot....this could be what that label means for this one. Guess we will see.

BTW - those screenshots above rock!
Old 05-30-06, 10:30 PM

Tomb Raider Legends is the only exception I can think of. It has no Live features whatsoever, and does not have the logo on the box.
Old 07-12-06, 06:55 PM
Banned

New screenshots here

Dead Rising just keeps getting better and better. The character models looks more detailed than before. Is that a zombie clown in one of the pics? Is that Megaman suit wearable by the character we play as?
Old 07-12-06, 07:00 PM

I can't wait to hack up some Zombies. The video on Marketplace sold me, I hope it will be good.
Old 07-12-06, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
New screenshots here

Dead Rising just keeps getting better and better. The character models looks more detailed than before. Is that a zombie clown in one of the pics? Is that Megaman suit wearable by the character we play as?

[cute game fans] IT LOOKS TOO REEEEEAAAAALLLL!!!! [/cute game fans] j/k

Anyway, those shots do look great.
Old 07-13-06, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While the latest batch of screenshots are mighty impressive, from the video I watched, it just reminded me of "State of Emergency", which wasn't enjoyable at all. This will have many many more ways to kill things, but it looked to have the same gameplay. Did I simply misinterpret the gameplay video?
Old 07-13-06, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cartman
While the latest batch of screenshots are mighty impressive, from the video I watched, it just reminded me of "State of Emergency", which wasn't enjoyable at all. This will have many many more ways to kill things, but it looked to have the same gameplay. Did I simply misinterpret the gameplay video?
SoE was a frantic game with numerous characters on screen at the same time.

Dead Rising is a frantic game with numerous characters on screen at the same time who want to eat you alive.

My buddy and I were talking about Dead Rising at work the other day and I was trying to explain something to him. I did zombie games but they stress the hell out of me. Resident Evil was a game that worked my last nerve and there were maybe 6 zombies in a room at a time in the first few games? As much as I look forward to Dead Rising there is a part of me that already feels overwhelmed by the mass amount of undead that will be coming after me. I think it'll be a kick ass game but I can't see myself playing for very long each time I fire it up. I played SoE for a short period of time but that was just because it sucked.
Old 07-13-06, 02:37 AM

I hope the gameplay is there.
Any word whether or not there is a co-op mode? I think that would rock!
Old 07-13-06, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
I did zombie games but they stress the hell out of me. Resident Evil was a game that worked my last nerve and there were maybe 6 zombies in a room at a time in the first few games? As much as I look forward to Dead Rising there is a part of me that already feels overwhelmed by the mass amount of undead that will be coming after me. I think it'll be a kick ass game but I can't see myself playing for very long each time I fire it up. I played SoE for a short period of time but that was just because it sucked.
Same here... I don't know if it's a phobia or what. This game looks great and if the reviews are good I'll pick this up, but Im ALREADY stressed out about the sheer number of zombies that would want to take me out. It almost looks insurmountable - so maybe that's why it creeps me out.
Old 07-13-06, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My drunk ass laughed so hard when I saw the lightsabers.
Old 07-13-06, 01:07 PM

Looks damn nice! Will it be available for other systems?
Old 07-13-06, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
Ive only heard 360....not for sure though.
Old 07-13-06, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
Resident Evil was a game that worked my last nerve and there were maybe 6 zombies in a room at a time in the first few games? As much as I look forward to Dead Rising there is a part of me that already feels overwhelmed by the mass amount of undead that will be coming after me.

To be fair, Resident Evil is meant to be a horror game; Dead Rising is not. Dead Rising is a brightly lit game without the zombies hiding in the corner of a pitch dark room. I think Dead Rising is meant to be more of a comedy what with the clown zombies, beating zombies with a beach volleyball, the toy store with Megaman suit, etc.

Originally Posted by fmian
My drunk ass laughed so hard when I saw the lightsabers.
Where did you see lightsabers? I don't remember seeing them.

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
Capcom has said it is a 360 exclusive, but that doesn't really mean anything. Resident Evil was supposed to be exclusive to the Playstation, but it went to the Dreamcast with Code Veronica. Later, Resident Evil was supposed to become exclusive to the Gamecube. I remember the RE director saying that if RE4 ever came to the PS2, he would cut his own head off. Needless to say, that didn't happen. I wouldn't trust Capcom whenever they say something is supposed to be exclusive.
Old 07-13-06, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rob V
Same here... I don't know if it's a phobia or what. This game looks great and if the reviews are good I'll pick this up, but Im ALREADY stressed out about the sheer number of zombies that would want to take me out. It almost looks insurmountable - so maybe that's why it creeps me out.
I'm lured to this game because the whole 'zombie' theme is so appealing to me. Sure, it's campy and downright corny sometimes, but that's part of the reason I like this theme so much.

As for the massive amounts of zombies that seem to be a never ending onslaught...reviews have indicated that certain weapons are made available that can knock down multiple zombies in one move. I think this game will force you to clear a path to make a getaway. So, if you're the type that likes to kill everything on screen, this game should keep you busy.
Old 07-13-06, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
Where did you see lightsabers? I don't remember seeing them.
At about 1:12 into the HD trailer.
Old 07-13-06, 08:43 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It looks like fun, but how much replayability will it have?
Old 07-14-06, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After you finish the game you get to unlock endless mode which allows you to kill tons of zombies. I'm so excited this game got pushed up to next month!!!

Oh and yes pretty much anything you can think of will be avaliable to kill the zombie. There is a list at IGN, and lightsabers and toy lightsabers are on there.
Old 07-14-06, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
It looks like fun, but how much replayability will it have?
Seriously, thats all gonna depend on how fun it is to kill the zombies.

Look at GTA3 and its sequels, killing people and using various weapons made the game very replayable for me (damn, that samurai sword in Vice city was awesome...especially after downing a pill). If this is anything like that, I will love it.
Old 07-14-06, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Green Smurf
After you finish the game you get to unlock endless mode which allows you to kill tons of zombies. I'm so excited this game got pushed up to next month!!!

Oh and yes pretty much anything you can think of will be avaliable to kill the zombie. There is a list at IGN, and lightsabers and toy lightsabers are on there.
I get the feeling that this game is being over-hyped. Initially, I read that it would feature a fully interractive world where anything can be used. They seemed to have backed off that perception and have been pushing "use anything as a weapon".

What's the difference? Well, a fully interractive world would allow me to move crates, boxes, shelving units, etc. to barracade myself in or corral zombies.

I have a feeling that when this game is finally released, it will be a simple "chase view" shooter with a very long list of weapons. There's no online play, no co-op mode. Tossing watermelons at zombies is going to be fun for oh...say... 30 seconds.

DEAD RISING is the next 360 game I'll be purchasing, but I have a feeling that it is going to be a real letdown.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.