Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dead Rising for 360?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-06, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
Man, this game is pissing me the fuck off. The aiming system is terrible. The bosses have too much life, and considering it's hard to find books to allow more items to be carried, only a few weapons an a few health items being carried doesn't do it. Grrrrr.
As far as I'm aware, there isn't a particular book that will allow you to carry more items. Instead, books 'enhance' things you already have or give you additional abilities to use with the items you have.

Hang in there. This game difinitely has a learning curve. You'll find that after leveling up and using stronger weapons (I use the small chainsaw almost 99% of the time) it will be easier to turn the bosses into zombie food.
Old 08-21-06, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went for the 5 and 7 day survivor achievements last night/early this morning and ended up only getting the 5. Why? Because I was so tired I forgot to get back to the game in time and give myself some food. So I died with 2 milks and 2 oj's left in my inventory. Arggggh! I am NOT doing it again for a looooong time. It was such a monotonous ordeal.
Old 08-21-06, 04:51 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric D.
I went for the 5 and 7 day survivor achievements last night/early this morning and ended up only getting the 5. Why? Because I was so tired I forgot to get back to the game in time and give myself some food. So I died with 2 milks and 2 oj's left in my inventory. Arggggh! I am NOT doing it again for a looooong time. It was such a monotonous ordeal.
I hear ya. It's kind of a mind-numbing experience. They really should have let us save, simply for the purpose of breaking up the monontony. Or they should have a fast forward feature of some type where you can speed up the game clock/health depletion while you're just sitting around waiting. Meaning the game clock and health meter would still deplete at the same rate, but you wouldn't have to sit around waiting as much.

Of course, it would be difficult to factor in the zombie attack/safety element, unless the game could recognize 'safe areas' or unless the action was really sped up like it was on fast forward and it snapped out of fast forward IF you somehow got attacked by a zombie.
Old 08-21-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
I hear ya. It's kind of a mind-numbing experience. They really should have let us save, simply for the purpose of breaking up the monontony. Or they should have a fast forward feature of some type where you can speed up the game clock/health depletion while you're just sitting around waiting. Meaning the game clock and health meter would still deplete at the same rate, but you wouldn't have to sit around waiting as much.

Of course, it would be difficult to factor in the zombie attack/safety element, unless the game could recognize 'safe areas' or unless the action was really sped up like it was on fast forward and it snapped out of fast forward IF you somehow got attacked by a zombie.
That would be a great idea. If it had that, I would be more inclined to try it again sooner.
Old 08-21-06, 08:34 PM

thank you for the info Ghym! It was starting to piss me off...alot of zombies payed for my frustration that night!
Old 08-22-06, 04:14 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flashburn
Instant, one clip.
Thanks for that. Just did a quick runthrough of Overtime last night to get it.
Old 08-22-06, 04:14 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

And I just got the Saint achievement completed last night. Here's my walkthrough if anyone's interested. This walkthough assumes you know the basics of the missions and you know your way around the mall.

This should also automatically give you: Self Defense, Peace Keeper, Punisher, Humanist, and Life Saver if you didn't already have them. In addition, you should be able to get Transmissionary if you answer the calls and are careful. You should be able to get Portraiture and Census Taker if you photograph everyone in the security room near the end. And Psycho Photo and Psycho Collector if you photograph all the psychos you meet. Note: you can photograph their dead bodies after the fights if you want to avoid taking damage from them while trying to get the pic.

For this walk through to work the best you should have already unlocked the Real Mega Buster (from here on referred to as RMB) (through the Zombie Genocider achievement). It's also best to be maxed out at level 50, or at least have a high enough level that you can hold 7 or more items. It is also preferred that you have an 'Erotic' picture from a past game saved in your picture viewer with a 700 PP or more rating... best option for this is if you did Cheryl's request scoop in a previous game.

Spoiler:
When you start at the heliport, run down to the Security Room (SR). Grab a RMB and head out to Entrance Plaza.

After the cutscene, run quickly down to the spot to trigger the next one. Then quickly run up to the stairs, only stopping to shoot zombies which are direct threats. The stairs will return you to the SR.

Grab a few health items if you need them and run out to the rooftop. Drop your RMB if you used it at all (you can't get a new RMB if you are holding it in your inventory) and rescue Jeff and Natalie. While you're out here, take a picture of the ai duct, preferably with a 100% rating, and save it on your camera. (You'll need it later, and even if you that same picture saved from a previous game it won't count). Bring them back to the SR. Grab another RMB and head to the warehouse. Answer Otis' transmission (this should be automatic throughout the game if you are to get Transmissionary). Grab a melee weapon of two simply because the RMB isn't ideal for the 'run and clear'. Case 1-1 should be triggered here. Head out to Paradise Plaza, then to Leisure Park. Run over to the Parking Garage, get in the car, and go get the Maintenance Tunnel Key. Get back in the car and drive to the Food Court entrance of the Maintenance Tunnels (from the Maintenance Key room corridor go left, left and all the way to the end of that corridor).

Head up to the food court and fight Carlito. Zap with twice with the RMB and he should go down easily. Follow Brad up through the doors, through Al Fresca. Let him open the gate to Entrance and run over to the bookstore to trigger the cutscene. After the case is completed, go to In the Closet (E214) and rescue Bill. It should be ~1-2 pm. Take him back to the SR (Entrance > Al Fresca > Food Court > Park > Paradise). You might want to save in Flexin in Al Fresca because Bill is an idiot who sometimes ignores your waypoints and gets killed trying to fight zombies. I actually had him die in the frickin' warehouse when he ignored my command and rushed into the elevator full of zombies. The convicts should not be in the park yet. On the rooftop, be sure to drop your RMB so you can pick up a fresh one. Save in the SR before you head back out. Heading through the monitor room should complete case 1-4 in the process.

Continued...
Old 08-22-06, 04:16 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Saint Walkthrough Part 2

Spoiler:
Head out to Paradise and run up to Columbian Roastmasters to meet Kent and do Cut from the Same Cloth. After the mission, grab a bunch of OJs (I would say mix some drinks, but survivors can't drink mixed drinks and these health items need to be dual purpose). Run directly downstairs and grab the Entertainment and Engineering books from Bachman's Bookporium (P108). You should have received the scoops for Barricade Pair and maybe A Mother's Lament by now. Go save in the Paradise restroom and head to the Al Fresca via the park and food court. It should be somewhere between 5 and 6:30 pm when you do this, so the convicts should still be absent. Go get Leah first, bring her to Weber's to get Burt and Aaron. You might want to save in Flexin on the way out of Al Fresca, but find a safe place for Burt & Aaron first as it's next to impossible to get them in and out of Flexin (they can't go through the automatic doors by themselves and they don't seem to understand how to exit through a broken out window). Head to the park.

By now the convicts should be in the park. Hopefully they are out in the middle somewhere. Set a waypoint for your survivors somewhere very close to the back wall, preferably as close to the far SE corner of the park as possible. This way they'll be somewhat far from the zombies AND the convicts, and they'll be closer to the Paradise entance. You'll have to carry Leah at least some of the way there.

Now get close enough to the convicts that you can get a good shot, but hopefully not so close that they see you. Blast away with the RMB until they're all dead. Get Sophie to join and get her back to the others. With all four in tow head to Paradise and back to the SR. You'll definitely want to dump your RMB and get a new one at this point. If you do not have an Erotica picture of 700 PP or more saved in your picture viewer, go to the back of the security area and find Sophie. When she's sitting take a picture up her skirt (be sure to get her face in there) and make sure you get 700 PP or better. Make sure you save this picture so it doesn't get deleted.

If Out of Control is available, head to Wonderland via the maintenance tunnels. If not, go stock up on OJs and wait in the Paradise Park restrooms until you get the call from Otis, then go. Go trigger the Adam fight. If you get a reasonable distance away you should be able to take him down easily with the RMB in a few shots when he is inflating balloons or dancing around. Once he's dead, grab his chainsaw, activate the ride console, and talk to Greg. There should be ANOTHER chainsaw there after the cutscene. If you have 10 or more item spots you might want to grab this one too, just in case. Let Greg lead you to the bathroom and set a waypoitn for him there. Go back to Sir Book a Lot and get the Japanese Tourists. While there, pick up the Criminal Biography book. Now Adam's chainsaws should last nearly forever. The reason I said grab two is that occasionally I've accidentally given the chainsaw to one of the survivors when trying to get them in the SR, and you don't want to have to make a special trip back there when you don't need to.

Head through the newly discovered bathroom shortcut to Paradise. Get them back to the SR and save, refilling your RMB as well. Shadow of the North Plaza should be available, so go get David (Paradise > Bathroom shortcut > Wonderland > North Plaza via north passage). Shoulder him back the same route and get him back to the SR, get a new RMB, and save. It should be sometime between 12 and 4 am. The next case won't start until 6 am and the next scoop isn't until 7 am so you have time to kill. You can go stock up on supplies or try for some easy achievements if you'd like. Just don't wander too far from the SR and try to be back in the warehouse by 5 am. If you're going for Trans, DO NOT wait in the 'security room zone', which is the SR, heliport, and rooftop. Preferred strategy is to wait in the warehouse upper level until Otis calls with his reminder to meet Jessie for case 2-1. If you're in the 'security room zone' you won't get this call and will lose your chance to get Trans. Once you get the Jessie call, go back to the SR and wait in the monitor room for the next case to start.

When case 2-2 starts it should automatically go to a save. If not, go save and head to Paradise, and then to Entrance via the newly opened gate. The second fight with Carlito should begin. Again, a few shots from your RMB should decimate him. After the fight you'll be convenienttly transported back to the security room. Save. If you were quick it should be around ~6:30-7 am.
Old 08-22-06, 04:17 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Saint Walkthrough Part 3

Spoiler:
First thing is to head to Paradise and to the maintenance tunnels. Drive to the supermarket tunnel entrance and head up to Seon's. Fight Stephen with the RMB from a short distance. You'll probably take minor damage from his shotgun in the process, but there's food everywhere. Now, go back to the pharmacy and get Brad's medicine... this is important because it's actually easy to forget in all the rush. Head back into the supermarket and out to North Plaza. Head through the passage to Wonderland and go get Ross and Tonya (Lovers). Don't give him a gun! Carry Ross to the shortcut bathroom. Just make a mad run for it. Tonya will follow no matter what, because of her determination to stick by Ross you don't even need to set waypoints for her. If Tonya gets caught up on the way, dump Ross in the bathroom and go out to save Tonya.

Get them back to the SR (getting a new RMB). When in the monitor room, it may not automatically register that you've completed case 2-3. You may need to stand there for a few moments. DO NOT save or progress on until the game shows Medicine Run as completed and moves on to 2-4 as the next available case. Once you're in the clear, save IF... you have a decent amount of time left. Hopefully it should be no later than 9:45 am. Otherwise you may want to consider redoing the previous section and improving the speed.

This is where things get tricky. If you were quick it should be around ~8-9:30 am. Between now and 3 pm you have a LOT to do in a short amount of time, and two of the events are very time sensitive. And the things you have to do are all over the mall. Head down to Paradise. At this point there are two possible strategies:

1. If Pamela and Heather are not already in/around the Child's Play toy store, head to North Plaza through the park and go to Crislip's to fight Cliff. Nail him with the small chainsaws when on the ground, then climb up atop the shelves and wait for him to appear up there somewhere to finish him off with the RMB. Save Josh, Barbara, and Rich in the empty room nearby and head to the park. Set waypoints against the far east wall near the movie theater. Convicts may be back, if so keep them in the far back while you kill the convicts again. Clear the Paradise doorway and get them inside. Heading through you should be able to save Pamela and Heather. Get them all back to the SR. Head back out and get to Al Fresca via Entrance to get Gordon in McHandys (The Coward). Wait in the warehouse for the call from Otis that the medicine is working, then head to the SR and wait in the monitor room to trigger the next case. If you've gotten the message before you're in the warehouse, you'll need to run to make it make in time for the next case! Once you get the 'Next Case will Start at 3 PM' message, go save.

It will be 11 am now. You'll get a call about Ronald in Jill's Sandwiches in Paradise. Go get Ronald. Hopefully you still have some food in your inventory. If not, go grab the food item in the nearby fountain. Since you have everyone else saved in this version of the plan, I'd recommend taking Ronald up to Columbian Roastmasters and setting a waypoint at some safe spot in the restaurant (clear out any zombies). Then go find Kent when he apears and show him an Erotica picture of 700 PP or more. It can be one saved from a previous playthrough, preferably Cheryl Gone Wild. Once this mission is completed, you will end up in front of Columbian Roastmasters. This is why I suggested you leave Ronald there, so he's ready to pick up. Take him back to the SR. Save.

Above the Law should be available now. But... I'd recommend waiting until you've seen the Cultist cutscene in Paradise before you attempt it. Otherwise you'll be separated from your pack after the cutscene and you'll have to fight from the Park doors to the bathrooms to get them. The cutscene should happen around 1-2 pm. See it, save Jennifer, bring her to the warehouse. Wait in the warehouse until you get Otis' message about seeing Isabella on the monitors and take Jennifer to the SR. Go to the monitor room and wait for the Case 4-1 to happen. Don't save until you know for sure all the girls in Above the Law will be alive when you get there. Instructions continue at point 3.

** If you think you have enough time to do Above the Law/Nick & Sally and make it back you can try. I'm not sure if Nick & Sally will be there that early, though, and you would have to make a separate trip back to get them. On the other hand, if you wait TOO long to do Above the Law some of the girls may already be dead and you'll have to regress back to your last save anyway.
Old 08-22-06, 04:18 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Saint Walkthrough Part 4

Spoiler:
2. If Pamela and Heather are already in/around the Child's Play toy store, save them and get them back to the SR. Get back out to Paradise. It should be close to 10 am. Rush to Al Fresca via Entrance to get Gordon in McHandys (The Coward). Wait in the warehouse for the call from Otis that the medicine is working, then head to the SR and wait in the monitor room to trigger the next case. If you've gotten the message before you're in the warehouse, you'll need to run to make it make in time for the next case! Once you get the 'Next Case will Start at 3 PM' message, go save.

The Hatchet Man case will be getting short on time, but you should still have a few hours. You'll get a call about Ronald in Jill's Sandwiches in Paradise. Go get Ronald. Hopefully you still have some food in your inventory. If not, go grab the food item in the nearby fountain. If it's before 11:30 am and there's no sign of Kent, rush Ronald up to the SR. Then go back to Paraside and find Kent and show him an Erotica picture of 700 PP or more. It can be one saved from a previous playthrough, preferably Cheryl Gone Wild. Once this mission is completed, head to North Plaza through the park and go to Crislip's to fight Cliff. Nail him with the small chainsaws when on the ground, then climb up atop the shelves and wait for him to appear up there somewhere to finish him off with the RMB. Save Josh, Barbara, and Rich in the empty room nearby and head to the park. Set waypoints against the far east wall near the movie theater. Convicts may be back, if so keep them in the far back while you kill the convicts again. Clear the Paradise doorway and get them inside.

When you get to Paradise the Cultist cutscene should trigger. Luckily it will transport you to where you already are, so your survivors are still with you. Kill all the cultists surrounding Jennifer from afar with your RMB to avoid your survivors getting hurt. Get your 4 survivors back to the warehouse. Wait in the warehouse until you get Otis' message about seeing Isabella on the monitors and take them all to the SR. Continue to 3.

3. Go to the monitor room and wait for the Case 4-1 to happen. Once it does, head to Paradise, go through the bathroom shortcut to Wonderland. Go to Lovely Fashion House, kill Jo by getting on a table and blasting her with the RMB (you will get shot a few times but it barely does any damage), and save the four girls. *NOTE* If there are not 4 girls alive by the time yoou get there, or if Jo kills one during the fight, you will need to regress back to your last save and alter the timings of your strategy slightly. You might want to consider

Take them down to the first floor and set a waypoint somewhere safe near the big rabbit statue in the SE corner. Inside the makeup store works nicely if you clear it of zombies. Then go clear the zombies out from under Nick and Sally, knock them down with hunks of meat and get them to join. Get all six survivors together and get to the bathroom. With all six in tow I'd save here just for good measure. Through the shortcut to Paradise and on to the SR. New RMB and save again.

Now go face Isabella. I'd take the bathroom shortcut to Wonderland, then up through the north passage to the area in front of Seons. Honestly, I wouldn't even waste my time with the scaffolding. Just sidestep her when she tries to run you down and quickly turn and blast her with the RMB. It should take her down in a 2-3 shots. Afterward, get back to Paradise via the bathroom shortcut, save in the bathroom, and head up to Entrance Plaza.

Mark of the Sniper cutscene should trigger. You'll be placed on the first floor while they are above on a second floor walkway. Zap any nearby zombies then attempt to nail as many of the snipers from below with your RMB. If they start running or can nail you, run up the stairs to the other side. Sneak to one side and have a shootout with them. Eventually you should kill them each after a few shots.

Once they're all dead, go save Wayne in the cosmetics shop. Set a waypoint for him somewhere near Ladies Space, but not too close to Rachel (who's hiding inside that shop) because she sometimes freaks out if you get too close to her before Jolie is there and will go running around the mall frantically. In front of In the Closet is a good choice. The second floor of the mall is pretty safe right now with the exception of the area near the escalators. Go across the hall and get Floyd. Carry him over to the waypoint. Jump downstairs and get Jolie from Gramma's Kids. She'll run up to meet Rachel after she joins you, so there's no need to alter your waypoints. Just try to keep her path clear. Once Jolie and Rachel reunite, get everyone together and head to the escalators. Get them downstairs and over to Paradise, then to the SR. Make sure you've got some food of some sort to give to Ronald so he doesn't cause a mutiny.
Old 08-22-06, 04:34 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Saint Walkthrough Part 5

Spoiler:
Now you should have a lot of free time until you have to meet Isabella. I think there's an Otis call about Isabella, so you might want to wait in the park or something until you get it, then head to that room. Once you get there and get case 5-2 to start, you'll meet Kindell out in the hall. He's tough, but he's actually one of the most easily killed survivors because he tries to be a hero and he doesn't always listen to your waypoints. I usually try to clear oout the hall before case 5-2 starts, and then I make them wait in a safe spot while I clear a path for Kindell. Isabella doesn't need a path because you're carrying her. Get to the park. Once in the park follow the same route you did for the Hatchet Man survivors. The difference is you'll have to carry Isabella to the waypoints while you clear zombies out of the way for Kindell. Kindell is what makes this task difficult. Otherwise it's just a simple run and dodge effort. Once in Paradise run with Isabella to a somewhat safe point close to the warehouse door. Kid's Choice or the jewelry shop are ideal, and if you're lucky Kindell will be right behind you. Otherwise you'll have to go rescue him. If Kindell looks like he's getting his ass kicked early on you may have to settle for depositing Isabella in the CD store. Get them both up to the SR, save, and head back to Paradise.

Go to the Food Court and get Gil at this point. Grab a bottle of wine for Floyd if you'd like. Shoulder Gil back to the SR. Make sure you get another RMB. This is probably the easiest escort in the game. Save. Head to Colby's theater. Be careful not to get captured by the cultists who are around the corner in the hall. Get to theater 4 and fight Seon. Get a little distance between him and Frank, and take shots with the RMB. Alternately, take him down with the small chainsaw. Once he's dead, pick off the incoming cultists with the RMB. Save Cheryl in the side room first, then save the other four. Grab the pink book. Get them all to the lobby. I'd take them down to the theater restrooms and save just in case. Getting them through Paradise can be tough. Get to the warehouse and wait for Otis' call about Isabella waking up. Get them all to the SR and then wait in the monitor room for case 6-1 to occur. Afterwards, save.

After this point, do not do any more cases.

Head to the Paradise bathroom and wait for the calls from Otis for Long Haired Punk and A Sick Man. Once you've gotten both scoops head through the shortcut and save again in the Wonderland bathroom. Head to Casual Gals to trigger the cutscene. Blast Paul a few times. Once he's out of the store, go grab a fire extinguisher. Go out ot he mall and defeat him. If he's dropped down to the first floor, he should be easy to pick off with the RMB. He usually just ends up running around aimlessly in the play area. Once he's beaten you'll be transported back to Casual Gals. He'll be on fire. Put out his fire with the extinguisher. I had you grab a spare so if you use up the whole extinguisher and don't put him out you don't have to waste time grabbing the extra one form the storeroom. If he dies, regress to your save and do it again. Once he's out give him a health item. Take him to the Wonderland bathroom and set a waypoint in there. Then go get Susan on the soccer ball and take her to the cosmetics shop where Leroy is. Get them both to the bathroom. Go back to Casual Gals and get the two girls out of the back room. Get them to the bathrooms and take all five back to Paradise Plaza through the shortcut.

If it's *way* before 11 am, take everyone up to the SR and get out of there before 11 am. Then go back down at fight Kent. Otherwise take everyone up to the second floor of Paradise and keep them in one of the stores up there until Kent's cutscene occurs. Beat Kent by dodging his kicks and nailing him with the small chainsaw. Grab Tad and take everyone up to the SR.

If A Woman in Despair is available, put everyone in the camera store or somewhere near the warehouse door that's semi-safe, go get Simone and then get to the warehouse. Wait until the cases expire and head up to the SR. Otherwise get the other 5 up there and go back down to rescue Simone, and get her back up to the SR, again assuming the cases have expired. Also, once you save any of them, if Kindell's Betrayal is available go take of that.

After Simone is safe, the only survivors left should be the three in the Huntin Shack. Head over there. Make sure you've taken a picture of the air duct on the rooftop in THIS game. Once they've joined you follow the same strategy again that you did with the Hatchet Man survivors. Once they are back in the SR you're good to go. The only things left to do at this point are answer Otis' remaining request calls. Just make sure you are not in the SR to get them.
Old 08-22-06, 04:44 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

And one more thing... this walkthrough assumes you want to try to get Transmissionary at the same time. It also leaves you with
Spoiler:
53 saved survivors, everyone on the chart except Barnaby, which is five more than you technically need.
If Transmissionary is not important to you or if you already have it, you can make this all a lot easier.

Spoiler:
Stop doing the cases after Medicine Run starts. I'm not sure if Brad dies if he doesn't get the medicine but it doesn't matter. Also, ignore the Kent missions. What will happen is that:

53 Survivors
- Brad = 52
- Isabella = 51
+ Barnaby = 52
- Simone = 51
- Tad = 50

Without the cases and Kent to worry about in day 2, you can do Hatchet Man, The Coward, Ronald, Jennifer, and the Above the Law/Nick & Sally run at your own order without having to worry about the other timing issues of Medicine Run and the Photo Challenge.
Old 08-22-06, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finished the game last night
Spoiler:
that Brock guy was a pain in the ass!
. Overall I'm glad I stuck through and finished it but I've already gone ahead and sold it on half.com I just can't see myself coming back to it that often. I'll probably pick up Oblivion finally so I'll have something to play for a while.
Old 08-22-06, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by boston george
There are 3 books that are easy to find and that will make your life much easier.

In Paradise Plaza (the first area you go into) go to Bachmans Bookporium (the big one) and get the Entertainment book and the Engineering book.

Go to Wonderland Plaza (right through the food court) Go to the bookstore across from the bathroom on the second floor (not sure the name) and get the Criminal Biography.

Then get the mini-chainsaw also in Wonderland plaza (it spawns at the rollercoaster after you beat Adam)

This weapon will last a LONG time as long as you keep all 3 of those books in your inventory and it is a very powerful and fun to use weapon. You can do all this very early in the game, right after you beat the first Carlito I think and it should only take 15 minutes or so. I did this at lvl. 6 and never looked back.
The mini chainsaw makes the game a whole lot easier. You can pretty much just run up to any of the bosses and slash them a few times and they'll be done. The only one that didn't really work on for me was the 3 convicts (who I never did beat). By the time I was ready to fight them again they were gone.
Old 08-22-06, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
Finished the game last night
Spoiler:
that Brock guy was a pain in the ass!
. Overall I'm glad I stuck through and finished it but I've already gone ahead and sold it on half.com I just can't see myself coming back to it that often. I'll probably pick up Oblivion finally so I'll have something to play for a while.
*snap* Too bad - i was looking to trade Oblivion for Dead Rising.
Old 08-22-06, 07:19 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Spoiler:

Ok. when fighting the Butcher, how can I take him down quicker? I have a shotgun, sniper rifle, a few health nectars and a lead pipe. I keep losing Carlito because I don't kill the butcher fast enough.

I'm only level 18. I just want to get through the game to finish it and then worry about levelling up and taking more suvivors, etc. I do not want to start over with my current levels and such because it took me a while to get here. As I'm on the last case, I just want to finish it out.

I have no access to the RMB. I have no access to Adam's chainsaws.
Old 08-22-06, 07:29 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by Vryce
Spoiler:

Ok. when fighting the Butcher, how can I take him down quicker? I have a shotgun, sniper rifle, a few health nectars and a lead pipe. I keep losing Carlito because I don't kill the butcher fast enough.

I'm only level 18. I just want to get through the game to finish it and then worry about levelling up and taking more suvivors, etc. I do not want to start over with my current levels and such because it took me a while to get here. As I'm on the last case, I just want to finish it out.

I have no access to the RMB. I have no access to Adam's chainsaws.
Wow, those are some sucky weapons. Where's your last save? There is a Katana near the Butcher.
Old 08-22-06, 07:34 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I managed to get it, barely. I had it yesterday, but as I killed him, my system gave me a dirty disc error.

Now, I have to hope I can save before I die. lol.

Spoiler:

12:30am on the 22nd.

I'm in the hideout with Isabella. Waiting until the special ops guys leave. I tried to take them on before, but got killed quite easily. I'll wait until they leave and head to the heliport to get the "ending."

Then, the rest of the game begins.

Last edited by Canis Firebrand; 08-22-06 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-22-06, 09:46 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Well... I did it, sort of.

Spoiler:

I beat the game, got the 72 hour survival achivement. I assume I got ending A, because I also go the Unlocked Overtime achivement.

Now to save, and tomorrow tackle Overtime mode to get the ture ending.
Old 08-23-06, 09:27 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I have just three achievements left. I got Frank the Pimp/Tour Guide last night. My survivors were the 4 from Above the Law, Leah, Jennifer, Sophie, and Natalie (!). I had actually forgotten about Natalie. I went through and killed Jeff then hit the elevator. Eventually I came back through the side door and Natalie was still standing there on the rooftop with full health. So I got her joined up. I basically killed every male and saved every woman up until midnight. I had Leah, Natalie, and Sophie. I rescued Ross and Tonya at 7 am and killed Ross. With these five I decided to have fun and got them all over to North Plaza and put them in the empty store with the closing doors. I killed Cliff and rescued those three survivors, then I killed the two men and kept Barbara. I took these five to Wonderland and then to Paradise.

My strategy was to get Pamela and Heather, and then wait for Jennifer's cutscene. Unfortunately Pam & Heather were no longer there by the time I arrived, although I did get Jennifer. So now I have 6 girls. Realizing I can't get Above the Law unless I have 4 of fewer girls, I kill two girls... Barbara and Tonya just because they were closest. I really should've killed Leah since she's slow and you have to carry her.

But Above the Law still doesn't show up, and there are no more active cases. Then I realized Nick & Sally had probably generated and were 'blocking' Above the Law. I went back to Wonderland and had everyone wait in the bathroom. I went out and killed Nick & Sally, then took everyone back to Paradise. Right after we warped to Paradise I got the call for Above the Law. We warped back, I killed Jo, saved the 4 girls, and got the two achievements.

And as a side bonus I realized that I had been indoors for about 18 hours at that point. I just left Frank with 8 girls in the bathroom until I got indoorsman as well.

Last edited by DRG; 08-23-06 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-23-06, 10:00 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

After this game, which I hope to finish up tonight. I'll start off another 72 hour mode to get more of the achivments. This game has one of the most challenging set of achivments because you really have to time manage well and make critical decisions. I don't think it was ever envisioned to get all the achivements in one go through. You have to play it multiple times(and that is ignoring the 5 and 7 day achivements which definetly weren't meant to be gotten in the course of just 1 normal game run-through)
Old 08-23-06, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
*snap* Too bad - i was looking to trade Oblivion for Dead Rising.
ah oh well. I'll probably hold off on Oblivion for a while, maybe I'll be able to find it on sale by then. Either way though, it never hurts to pick up some extra cash in my pocket
Old 08-23-06, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
ah oh well. I'll probably hold off on Oblivion for a while, maybe I'll be able to find it on sale by then. Either way though, it never hurts to pick up some extra cash in my pocket
Well i am selling it in the trade forum so maybe the price will be right for you.
Old 08-24-06, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well crap ... I think I messed up and did a save and quit ... when I started up this morning, there was no continue option and I started back on the helicopter .. at least my level was unchanged, but I am back to no kills.
Old 08-24-06, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,380 Likes on 941 Posts
Quick question. Why do the hostages run so slow? I was trying to save the japanese guys from the book store, but they wouldn't keep up. I had to get back to the main mission, and left them behind.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.